Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2014

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I am in the NVC phase and waiting for an approval. We got a checklist on nov 28,2014 and we sent the updated documents and got a scan date of 8th dec,2014. I am considering visiting my husband in US in January on my B1/B2 visA (valid until 2017). We talked to USCIS and NVC and they confirmed that I can travel. Now, my question is regarding 'Adjustment of status'. Can we initiate it at this stage ? Is it advisable to go with the Adj of Status or coming back to India once we have an interview date?

@Saylin - Do you have any idea about it?

Hi all,

I am in the NVC phase and waiting for an approval. We got a checklist on nov 28,2014 and we sent the updated documents and got a scan date of 8th dec,2014. I am considering visiting my husband in US in January on my B1/B2 visA (valid until 2017). We talked to USCIS and NVC and they confirmed that I can travel. Now, my question is regarding 'Adjustment of status'. Can we initiate it at this stage ? Is it advisable to go with the Adj of Status or coming back to India once we have an interview date?

@Saylin - Do you have any idea about it?

No, you can't do AOS at this point. You can only do that if you went to the US with no intentions of getting married, getting married while visiting, and applying for AOS while you're still there and not leaving the country until it's been accepted. Since you're married and already near the end of the process, AOS is not an option.

Timeline

I'm a US Citizen and filled CR-1 visa for my spouse. I'm about to fill DS-260 for my spouse.

My spouse is practicing physiotherapist in India. How should I answer the following questions in form DS-260?

Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent? Yes No

Are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools Yes No

Will answering Yes to any one of the questions have negative impact on our Visa ? Please help

Thank you in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

hello everyone,

am i only one waiting for my case to be cc more then 60 days? today is 63rd day and nothing so far. i called them last tuesday and they said my case is under review. since then nothing! we are using an attorney and our case is nor "complicated" at all.

any ideas?

I just talked to NVC she keeps insisting that my case can NOT be reviewed until January! Meanwhile Nov 18th's are getting CC'S. I have seen a bunch of CC's around my scan date....and her tone....God, please let me finish with NVC. Guys please let's keep praying(Atheists ignore this ahhahahah )

I just talked to NVC she keeps insisting that my case can NOT be reviewed until January! Meanwhile Nov 18th's are getting CC'S. I have seen a bunch of CC's around my scan date....and her tone....God, please let me finish with NVC. Guys please let's keep praying(Atheists ignore this ahhahahah )

I have a Nov 14th scan date for checklist...I called a few days ago and was told not to expect to hear any until FEB 14TH !!! Maybe because of the holidays.It is frustrating to say the least. Where have you seen Nov 19th CC ?

Timeline

Hi everyone, so apparently I must have missed the memo about calling NVC to manually review the ds261 agent form, I submitted that on December 5th and still hadn't gotten my IV fee (which is supposed to take awhile anyway) but was getting anxious and happened to read a previous poster say you could call and ask for them to do it over the phone. So woke up this morning and after a 40 minute wait the lady who answered was nice enough to review it and said I should have the IV fee invoiced in about 2 weeks. She said in the meantime go ahead and send all your AOS package & I asked if I could send the IV as well with the AOS bar code sheet and she said I could do that. Well I already sent both those packages last Wednesday before Christmas lol. So here's hoping that I don't receive any checklists and have a smooth rest of the journey after my IV fee and DS260. Good luck to everyone !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just a reminder to those who have received CCs, that you can hop on over to the "January Interview" Forum started by dWheels.I will be snooping in over there from time to time, just to make sure I get some tips on being prepared for when my time comes. :)

I want to take this opportunity to just say a BIG THANK YOU to all the Experts in this community, whose wealth of knowledge about the system, has been very invaluable to all of us who are on the visa journey. You guys rock. :dancing:

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

I have a question: a friend of my mom's is going through the same process we all here are, but he's sponsoring his daughter who was 19 at the time the process started. 2 years later they finally have appointment date at the Dominican Republic US embassy. Problem is the appointment is for Feb. 4th, she turns 21 on January 21st. Question is: Is that gonna be a problem, or is that gonna be ok for them that she's turning 21 at the very end of the journey??

I have a question: a friend of my mom's is going through the same process we all here are, but he's sponsoring his daughter who was 19 at the time the process started. 2 years later they finally have appointment date at the Dominican Republic US embassy. Problem is the appointment is for Feb. 4th, she turns 21 on January 21st. Question is: Is that gonna be a problem, or is that gonna be ok for them that she's turning 21 at the very end of the journey??

Ist not gonna be a problem bcoz by the time her priority day became current she was 20th... so her age is freeze. i thou

I have a question, just curious what is the point on priority date on CR1/IR1? What help is that date?

Priority date doesn't matter for IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants. The priority date is only important with visas that have a LIMITED amount of visas given out per year. But, since IR-1/CR-1 visas are limitless, it doesn't matter. It's just a date that USCIS likes to put on their paperwork ;)

Priority date doesn't matter for IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants. The priority date is only important with visas that have a LIMITED amount of visas given out per year. But, since IR-1/CR-1 visas are limitless, it doesn't matter. It's just a date that USCIS likes to put on their paperwork ;)

Thank You Saylin,

The attorney wanted us to believe it will help the priority date after a checklist on 3 errors she made. So we are just treated as ignore. ;( we did request to remove her but NVC has not reach our new scan date. Thank you again Saylin :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.