Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2014

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your joint sponsor needs to use "total income" for part 13.a.1, 13.b.1, 13.c.1 if your sponsor filled Form 1040 with IRS. Also, you need to submit sponsor's Schedules that your sponsor filled with IRS along with copy of Tax return...If you submit IRS Tax return transcripts instead, it has these schedules already.

Thankyou soo much!! The part 13 thing was what I wanted to make sure of!

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have absolutely no idea how to control my frustration at the NVC stage of my visa journey. We received the scan date of 6th oct at NVC and on 28th nov, we called NVC and they informed us that we have AOS checklist regarding discrepancy in aggregate and gross income of my husband ( which is way above the poverty line income mark of 24k). My husband sent the updated I-864 (received by NVC on 1st dec ) with the income details updated and he explicitly asked NVC if we need to mark the checkbox stating if we are attaching the transcripts and the representative at NVC told us to leave it unchecked. Today, we received the email from NVC about the first checklist which was communicated to us on 28th nov and my husband tried contacting the supervisor at NVC to see when can we expect our case to be completed and we were told by the NVC supervisor today that the checkbox was to be checked and can't be left blank and we should be expecting a second AOS checklist. I am in such a frustrated mood right now and can't stop cursing NVC for providing incorrect information and then, having us bear the brunt of it :( I feel helpless as I don't see my interview getting conducted in January and I won't be with my husband to celebrate both my birthday and our very 1st marriage anniversary.

Hi guys - I received NVC email notification 2 months ago informing me that my package's scanned date is 1 OCT 2014 and asked me to wait at least 60 days. Okay, I am fine with it. Over 60 passed and I received another NVC email notification today, almost same content except the scanned date changed to 8 DEC 2014!

I have not received any checklist request and have not sent them any document during the period. Why they sent me this email and asked me to wait another 60 days after 60-day waiting? I am so lost!

I have been calling / emailing them and all efforts are in vain. No one picked up my call or replied my email. Anyone has similar experience like me? Can anyone who successfully contacted NVC could share with me which number you dial? I dialed 6033340700, which is advised by NVC website.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Ms. waiting4LongNow, Did you receive the checklist via email after you called NVC and they informed you that you have AOS checklist? If so, when did you receive the checklist via email?

I spoke to the NVC agent two days ago and he said that we have checklist (AOS -- very minor changes). NVC agent said the checklist will be emailed to us shortly. I wonder how long it will take to get an email with checklist.

I already missed the occasions. I will miss my first wedding anniversary this month, too.

Hi guys,

I have absolutely no idea how to control my frustration at the NVC stage of my visa journey. We received the scan date of 6th oct at NVC and on 28th nov, we called NVC and they informed us that we have AOS checklist regarding discrepancy in aggregate and gross income of my husband ( which is way above the poverty line income mark of 24k). My husband sent the updated I-864 (received by NVC on 1st dec ) with the income details updated and he explicitly asked NVC if we need to mark the checkbox stating if we are attaching the transcripts and the representative at NVC told us to leave it unchecked. Today, we received the email from NVC about the first checklist which was communicated to us on 28th nov and my husband tried contacting the supervisor at NVC to see when can we expect our case to be completed and we were told by the NVC supervisor today that the checkbox was to be checked and can't be left blank and we should be expecting a second AOS checklist. I am in such a frustrated mood right now and can't stop cursing NVC for providing incorrect information and then, having us bear the brunt of it :( I feel helpless as I don't see my interview getting conducted in January and I won't be with my husband to celebrate both my birthday and our very 1st marriage anniversary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Ms. waiting4LongNow, Did you receive the checklist via email after you called NVC and they informed you that you have AOS checklist? If so, when did you receive the checklist via email?

I spoke to the NVC agent two days ago and he said that we have checklist (AOS -- very minor changes). NVC agent said the checklist will be emailed to us shortly. I wonder how long it will take to get an email with checklist.

I already missed the occasions. I will miss my first wedding anniversary this month, too.

Hi there,

Yes! We received the NVC checklist on 8th dec, but, we were told about the checklist on 28th nov ( over the phone). It will be ideal if you send the updated AOS with the minor changes incorporated and very importantly, make sure you ask any questions or concerns that you may have while filling the AOS before sending it out. Don't wait for the checklist email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just hung up with the NVC and they haven't reviewed our case yet. I feel like we are almost there though.

Our Relationship
11/06/2010: Met in Spain
11/21/2010: Officially became an item
08/12/2011: A moved to USA

09/09/2012: A moved back to Spain
01/26/2013: I proposed in Barcelona
07/19/2013: WEDDING DAY! (L)

USCIS
05/16/2014: I-130 package scanned

05/19/2014: I-130 NOA1 electronic copy received
05/27/2014: I-130 NOA1 hard copy received
05/23/2014: I-130 NOA2 ELECTRONIC COPY RECEIVED! :dancing:

NVC
06/03/2014: NVC received case
06/23/2014: NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number assigned
07/09/2014: DS-261 completed online & accepted
07/10/2014: AoS bill invoiced & paid
08/05/2014: AoS package scanned
09/08/2014: IV bill invoiced & paid
09/10/2014: IV package scanned
09/28/2014: DS-260 completed online & accepted
10/17/2014: AoS checklist email received

10/21/2014: AoS checklist package scanned

12/13/2014: CASE COMPLETE! :dancing:
12/29/2014: Interview scheduled

12/30/2014: P4 email received

12/31/2014: Case file shipped to the Embassy (In-Transit)

Embassy

01-05-2015: Case file arrived (Ready)
02-10-2015: Medical appointment in Madrid
02-12-2015: Interview in Madrid:
APPROVED! :dancing::dance:

02-13-2015: Visa issued

02-17-2015: Visa in hand

02-25-2015: POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

Yes! We received the NVC checklist on 8th dec, but, we were told about the checklist on 28th nov ( over the phone). It will be ideal if you send the updated AOS with the minor changes incorporated and very importantly, make sure you ask any questions or concerns that you may have while filling the AOS before sending it out. Don't wait for the checklist email.

Thanks. Yes, l just started looking at my AOS and my joint sponsor's AOS. Before I called NVC, I reviewed AOS myself many times and they looked okay. I wonder what the minor changes that they found are.

Another question: I wonder if I must re-do my AOS without my joint sponsor since I got a new job that I started few weeks ago. My current salary (my new job's salary) is way above the poverty line income mark for 2 people. Should I wait to redo my AOS and give it (new AOS, employment letter, paystubs) to my wife for the interview?

Edited by spousewaitingvisa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

Check box on page 5 .. Yes they just gave you wrong information.. also if you are proving last 3 years.. then check box on page 6

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband's AOS fees just changed to N/A. I hope that means they are finally reviewing our case! I have an Oct 15th Scan date.

Are you sure your scan date is 10/15? Based your profile you claimed IV document was sent on 10/15.. Unless your scan date is the same date as the date you sent your IV package

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Sorry I am a little confused on the whole timeline thing. I called NVC and they said that my scan date was Oct 15th and that my 60 day's would be up on Oct 15th. I can update my timeline to reflect that.

Hello,

Finalizing the correction on aos attorney did. Quick question: do we also write the case # on the actual 9 aos pages? We got checklist on Nov 21 when calling and yet no email on it from NVC. Advice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

Just got off phone with NVC my case still hasn't been reviewed. I asked the rep where they were in the process cause people before my dates are getting completed. He said they were a little behind in the electronic processing vs direct mail. The whole electronic processing has been a pain in the a--from the start much more work and easier to get checklisted. And now at least they are behind. Unbelievable.

boarder

USCIS

07-23-13 NOA1

12-13-13 NOA2

NVC

01-14-14 case received by NVC

02-19-14 case number and IIN# assigned, gave NVC email add.

02-19-14 optin for electronic processing email sent

02-24-14 submitted DS-261

02-25-14 invoiced and paid for I-864

02-27-14 AOS shown as paid

03-10-14 optin email accepted by NVC

03-11-14 DS-261 accepted by NVC

03-12-14 scanned and emailed AOS

03-12-14 invoiced and paid for IV fees

03-24-14 IV fees shown as paid

04-02-14 Received and Resubmitted AOS checklist

08-01-14 DS-260 completed and submitted by wife

10-12-14 IV docs scanned and emailed

10-14-14 NVC scan date letter recd 10/27

03-17-15 case complete

04-23-15 medical- Surrey BC

05-15-15 interview - Montreal

xx-xx-15 wife receipt of passport with US PR visa

xx-xx-15 wife in US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.