TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Ashif it is normal to go from ready to AP before they issue the visa. They have to print the visa and put it in the passport. Also most of the paperwork you two gave the embassy has to be put in the visa package to be carried by her to American immigration at the airport. I hear they also do a final and quick background check. All this takes a little time because they are also working other cases. Congratulations and please come back and let us know when the visa is issued.

Carolynhotstuff - A quick background check on the applicant or petitioner? or both? ---

Thanks

Ashif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Carolynhotstuff - A quick background check on the applicant or petitioner? or both? ---

Thanks

Ashif

They do a background check on the beneficiary requesting the visa and I have been told they make sure the petitioner does not owe back USA taxes.

Timeline

I Practically had tears in my eyes after reading your story!! I can not do anything but pray! :cry2: These people can be so heartless

But you should either go for some sort of lawsuit or try to apply from some other embassy as Russia etc

Thanks for your sympathy and kind words, thanks a lot for pray that is what I need, so nice of you!!!!!!!!

well my category is IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa and until this case finish i can not apply from any other embassy

and yes i am thinking about lawsuit.....but some says its useless some says it is good.

Timeline

In my home State of Michigan I filed a mandamus lawsuit against the US Department of State after our case had been in AP 2 years. In Michigan I could act as my own lawyer and the court here gives instructions on how to file one. I was nervous and scared after filing the mandamus because ai didn't know what the outcome would be. Everything happened very quickly after the Department of State got served with the legal papers. Within 2 weeks they made a decision on our case. They denied the visa. It took 2 weeks to get a NOIR that said we were not legally married in Pakistan because I am non-Pakistani Christian married to a Pakistani Muslim. Also we had a very small wedding and his neighbors didn't know he was married. We only had 30 days to respond so I hired an immigration lawyer here in America to research the marriage. Turns out the embassy was wrong and we were legally married. We got letter from his friends and family members saying they knew about the marriage and we sent other things to prove we had an ongoing relationship. USCIS reaffirmed our case within 2 weeks and sent it back to the embassy for another interview. That's where the embassy decided to mess with us again. After all that they put our case back in AP for another 2 years with constant updates. Finally he was asked for a new medical, affidavit of support and more proof of ongoing relationship. His interview was done with 2 people in the room and they screamed at him and told him he was only trying to come to the USA in order to work and send money back to Pakistan. He stayed calm and answered all their questions. In the end they said he would get his visa but only because they could tell his wife really loved him.

The mandamus worked for us. I don't know if it would work for everybody. In many states you have to hire a lawyer to file it and that can be expensive. I was lucky to be able to do it myself and not have to spend one day in court.

thanks Carolyn!!!! you are always helpful and informative for all of us, I have got some useful information to pursue lawsuit. thanks again

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalam-O-Alaikum to all brothers and sisters

belated ... Happy Ramadan!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulate to all who got their visa and best of luck for all who are Que.

Please pray for me ........... I am in administrative processing since last 4 years and 9th months........... overall case duration 8th year.....

only one interview one medical nothing else. for almost last 5 years us embassy Islamabad did not ask for any thing

not even did objection on any thing ....... interview was good. every thing ok as per CO reply and embassy reply by mail but in administrative procession

since 4 years and 9th months.

our marriage is arranged. families are in same city and are family friends.

my wife checked with homeland security and other departments in USA they said case is in us embassy Islamabad.

us embassy Islamabad last mail reply was that... yes case is with us but we can not do any thing until administrative processing finish and can not give you time frame ......

when this hell of administrative processing will end ?????????

we have already lost 8 golden years of our lives and us embassy still says they can not predict about administrative processing time frame.

should we wait whole life ???? i have a daughter she is 3 years and 7th months...

I and my wife spoke to many lawyers regarding administrative processing issue............. some says go for mandamus some says its useless

waste of money and time and the answer will remain same that your case in administrative processing and is in US Embassy Islamabad ,no body can do any action etc.

I request to all of you please remember me in your prayers as we are very very upset and tense and in a painfull life.

Thanks and JazakAllah

I sincerely hope you are reunited with your family soon! Obviously everything is not ok with your case, regardless of what the embassy told you that is why you are still waiting. Unfortunately, whatever is holding you from getting your visa cannot be shared with you and there is no due process. Meanwhile you are suffering and I do feel for you.

Still waiting .. No change .... Visa was approved on May 31st.... Since then AP... Case creation date changed to 31st of may... Status update on June 13th ...from Ready to AP.. and nothing since then.. please someone who has gone through process ... give me some words of encouragement and hope.....

Timeline

Still waiting .. No change .... Visa was approved on May 31st.... Since then AP... Case creation date changed to 31st of may... Status update on June 13th ...from Ready to AP.. and nothing since then.. please someone who has gone through process ... give me some words of encouragement and hope.....

Have you contacted the embassy to try and find out what is taking so long? I would have my congressman or senator contact them you may get more information that way.

Yes - As a matter of fact I did and I received response again same what I received 2 weeks ago... even though it is showing AP .. they did not mention about AP in their response or stated for more investigation or extended timeline....I asked for the status and this is what I received...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that this case is in its final processing/review. Please feel free to check back with our office after 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

<KM10>

Thanks to Allah SWT... we got it issues today.. thanks to everyone who has been a great help morally...

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued
Application ID or Case Number: Case Creation Date: 31-May-2016 Status Updated Date: 24-Jun-2016
Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Islamabad.

Hello -Khanuz - How are you? We are waiting on the email to pick up the embassy.. Since it was issued on Friday - we are hoping Inshallah will receive the passport by Wednesday of this week since last two days were weekend... Please make du and we pray everyone as well.

Ashif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.