TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my home State of Michigan I filed a mandamus lawsuit against the US Department of State after our case had been in AP 2 years. In Michigan I could act as my own lawyer and the court here gives instructions on how to file one. I was nervous and scared after filing the mandamus because ai didn't know what the outcome would be. Everything happened very quickly after the Department of State got served with the legal papers. Within 2 weeks they made a decision on our case. They denied the visa. It took 2 weeks to get a NOIR that said we were not legally married in Pakistan because I am non-Pakistani Christian married to a Pakistani Muslim. Also we had a very small wedding and his neighbors didn't know he was married. We only had 30 days to respond so I hired an immigration lawyer here in America to research the marriage. Turns out the embassy was wrong and we were legally married. We got letter from his friends and family members saying they knew about the marriage and we sent other things to prove we had an ongoing relationship. USCIS reaffirmed our case within 2 weeks and sent it back to the embassy for another interview. That's where the embassy decided to mess with us again. After all that they put our case back in AP for another 2 years with constant updates. Finally he was asked for a new medical, affidavit of support and more proof of ongoing relationship. His interview was done with 2 people in the room and they screamed at him and told him he was only trying to come to the USA in order to work and send money back to Pakistan. He stayed calm and answered all their questions. In the end they said he would get his visa but only because they could tell his wife really loved him.

The mandamus worked for us. I don't know if it would work for everybody. In many states you have to hire a lawyer to file it and that can be expensive. I was lucky to be able to do it myself and not have to spend one day in court.

Hello all... Just found out about this forum - So many heart breaking stories. May Allah bless all of us and ease our pain and give us patience to go through the challenges of our life. My Fiancé had her interview on 31st may 2016 and was told that she was approved and visa should be available to in 10 days. Now I understand this is something that is being told as a standard .. But in reality its not like that.. so we wait on 31st may Case creation date changed - visa changed to NON immigrant categories and status was "ready" and then no update until today - it shows it is in Administrative process - I have read many places and few of the very supportive members already have said its normal.. but you know your mind and heart very impatience.. Is it a good sign to change the status to AP from Ready ... lots people got their Issued status after AP.. Please I ask forgiveness those who may have already told me before .. But any input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Ashif

Timeline

Hello all... Just found out about this forum - So many heart breaking stories. May Allah bless all of us and ease our pain and give us patience to go through the challenges of our life. My Fiancé had her interview on 31st may 2016 and was told that she was approved and visa should be available to in 10 days. Now I understand this is something that is being told as a standard .. But in reality its not like that.. so we wait on 31st may Case creation date changed - visa changed to NON immigrant categories and status was "ready" and then no update until today - it shows it is in Administrative process - I have read many places and few of the very supportive members already have said its normal.. but you know your mind and heart very impatience.. Is it a good sign to change the status to AP from Ready ... lots people got their Issued status after AP.. Please I ask forgiveness those who may have already told me before .. But any input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Ashif

Ashif it is normal to go from ready to AP before they issue the visa. They have to print the visa and put it in the passport. Also most of the paperwork you two gave the embassy has to be put in the visa package to be carried by her to American immigration at the airport. I hear they also do a final and quick background check. All this takes a little time because they are also working other cases. Congratulations and please come back and let us know when the visa is issued.

Timeline

After 6 monthes in ap i recieved an email saying they are recommending recovation on my case Help im at a loss

Are you working with a congressman or senator? If you are have them contact the embassy ASAP to try to get the reason for the recovation. Most of the time it's because the embassy doesn't believe the relationship is real. They don't beleive the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thats what the email says but 6 months later its not right. They kept his passport and everything. Do u think if i redo the k1 and go to the interview it would help or should u do the cr1. Life is to short for this

Im so hurt

Timeline

Thats what the email says but 6 months later its not right. They kept his passport and everything. Do u think if i redo the k1 and go to the interview it would help or should u do the cr1. Life is to short for this

Im so hurt

You are dealing with an embassy that doesn't care about peoples lives. My husband was in AP 2 years before they denied his visa and sent our case back. I know you are hurt and need time to mourn the loss of the visa but you need to understand that they could have kept your case in AP for years before saying no to the visa. Be thankful it was only 6 months. You have options. You can file another K-1 or go get married and file a CR-1. This denial means the visa process may take some more years and can you handle the wait. For us it took 4 years to get our visa dealing with Islamabad embassy but I married my husband for life and I was willing to wait as long as I had breath in me. Give yourself time to calm down then think about all your options and if you want to move forward through life with the beneficiary.

Timeline

I cant live my life without him he is my life

Discuss with him what your options are and what kind of petition you want to file. Maybe take a couple of weeks and not discuss the visa process at all with him so both of your nerves can settle. That is what my husband and I did. When you go to Pakistan take many pictures with his parents and other family members. The embassy there likes to think all Pakistani's have huge weddings. If you have a small one get letters from people that know you are married and can say he loves you. Try to get letters in English from both relatives of his and friends. Anybody that knows how to write English can write each letter but the relatives and friends need to sign them with address and phone numbers. With your package Send all you can to show this is a for real love match. Even send copies of Western Union receits for any money you have sent to him.

Still in AP... No new status.. I pray to GOD it is over for us soon.. Anyone else has any update on their status? It went on AP yesterday.. Counting hours now to see when will it be Issued.. Please pray for us...

Thanks

Ashif

Timeline

Timeline

My husband had an interview today ,they kept his passport and gave him a 221(g) slip , he was told that his case needs administration processing and it will take 1 month . I am really worried it's been ages I can't do this anymore.Please let me know if someone else with white slip gets approval,and please pray for me ,i hope everyone of you get approval soon .

Timeline

Timeline

My husband had an interview today ,they kept his passport and gave him a 221(g) slip , he was told that his case needs administration processing and it will take 1 month . I am really worried it's been ages I can't do this anymore.Please let me know if someone else with white slip gets approval,and please pray for me ,i hope everyone of you get approval soon .

Same happened to us last Thursday, June 9th. Interview went well, the CO kept his passport and issued a white 221(g) and said that if we don't hear something, follow up in 60 days / end of July. The next day, the case status updated from 6/9/16 to 6/10/16. We then sent an inquiry using the email tool on the website and asked if they'd provide reasoning for AP and/or an ETA, knowing that we were 99.99% likely to get a generic, uninformative response. Alas, on Monday, that was what we got:

Dear ..:

Our record indicates that your visa application is under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict how long this processing may take. The wait could possibly be quite lengthy. However, please rest assured that as soon as this processing is finished, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her application. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Case status updated again on Monday (6/13) as a result of them responding to us. No update since.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.