TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

hi fauji pai jann ..slama lay kum jee aya noo :)

bro im really happy for u ,i can tell he feeling after u stuck on AP.

bro just a feq quick quaries if u can take time to reply.

was u put on AP, staright after interviw ?

for how long CO told u about waiting time?

did they ask u to submit any further documents?

how many times your status date updated?

u siad u been called for finger prints and oath but i guess these things they took at interview day,was u called later for that?

best of luck for your furure , i m on AP ,so u better know how hard it is ,inshallah one day i will hear good news too..peace

Hi bro! Sure, let me answer your questions.

Yes, My fiance was put straight into AP after the interview. She got the 221G slip from the CO.

CO did not mention any wait time. She just handed the slip at the end of the interview and said need to do mandatory AP on the case.

No, we were not asked to submit any additional documents.

My status updated a lot of times. Approximately 20 times. In between I had address changes, senator inquiry, passport return request, etc. So some updates were due to that.

Yes, the original interview was on Feb 27, 2014. Medical expires after about 6 months I think. They called for fresh medical in October 2015.

It is super hard! Stay strong! My prayers are with you.

How long have you been waiting your AP to be solved? Share your experience with us. Thanks

Hi mkala,

My fiance was in AP from Feb. 27, 2014 until Oct. 22nd, 2015. So about a year and a half I believe. Experience was simply practicing patience. We did nothing extraordinary. Did a senator inquiry once in May 2015. Standard reply. Went to spend time together in July staying in UAE for three months (I was working remotely). Then during the end of our stay, got an email to submit her medical and she flew back and here we are. :) Everything works out and is for the better. AP strengthened our relationship I believe. The hardships we endured during this time showed us both our commitment to each other. We took the positive approach. We never discussed AP or the case at all. This helped a lot. Plus I visited her last year in October and this year we did the three months so that was a huge help for us. As long as we were getting to see each other on a regular basis, we didn't feel the AP pinch as much. It's still disheartening being in AP.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am in Ap From feb 2012 f4 category .. how Long you R waiting

Hmm, I just enter into this black hole since last 3 weeks but not new one as I had the experience in past in 2007 when I had my interview for H1 visa and embassy put me in AP which took 2 years to clear me. I know how much frustrating is this. I pray for you, myself, and all others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all members.

I wanna share with you something that made me surprise. I got two e-mails in ten days. It is as followings:

First e-mail: 21 October. 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that this case is in its final processing/review. Please feel free to check back with our office after 4 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Second E-mail: 30 October, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our records indicate that the visa application for this immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict how long this processing may take. The wait could possibly be quite lengthy. However, please rest assured that as soon as this processing is finished, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her application. Thank you for your kind understanding.

If the applicant has not heard from our office after six months, please contact our office again using the web-based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

What do you think about these e-mails? I really shocked. It seems that they are playing games with the people. :(

Timeline

It is really frustrating process, I dont know whether these e-mails are sent by humanbeing or it aotomatic e-mails sent by system. It is seems our case went back to AP. So sad. :(

its seem like Embassy needed more time to make a decision don't email them again wait for them to contact you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hallelujah Alhamdulillah my fiance finally got an email to submit the ds160 and medical form. I'm a silent reader since i was stuck in AP for almost 3 years. His interview was jan 2013 and got placed in AP after they needed a document but even after submitting just was a long wait.

My questions for people who have filled out the ds160 recently are the following:

1. It asks for the application receipt/petition #. Is that my ISL number or the # on my NOA2?

2. It asks if anyone has ever filed immigration petition on your behalf. Considering I filed petition for my fiance 3 years ago would that mean yes someone has filed since we've been stuck in this AP for 3 years?

3. It asked for documentation to establish he has received vaccines in accordance to US law. I thought fiance visa people don't need vaccines prior to arrival except possibly just the polio one. Is that not the case? If so does the MD give him the docs with his medical showing appropriate documents proving so?

4. It asks to upload your photo. Do you have to upload your passport photo here? isnt it attached on some paper instead? It wont move forward to next screen unless a photo is added.

Thanks in advance to all the people who may answer this!

Hallelujah Alhamdulillah my fiance finally got an email to submit the ds160 and medical form. I'm a silent reader since i was stuck in AP for almost 3 years. His interview was jan 2013 and got placed in AP after they needed a document but even after submitting just was a long wait.

My questions for people who have filled out the ds160 recently are the following:

1. It asks for the application receipt/petition #. Is that my ISL number or the # on my NOA2?

2. It asks if anyone has ever filed immigration petition on your behalf. Considering I filed petition for my fiance 3 years ago would that mean yes someone has filed since we've been stuck in this AP for 3 years?

3. It asked for documentation to establish he has received vaccines in accordance to US law. I thought fiance visa people don't need vaccines prior to arrival except possibly just the polio one. Is that not the case? If so does the MD give him the docs with his medical showing appropriate documents proving so?

4. It asks to upload your photo. Do you have to upload your passport photo here? isnt it attached on some paper instead? It wont move forward to next screen unless a photo is added.

Thanks in advance to all the people who may answer this!

Hi Muni me! Congrats on getting an email to submit the DS-160 and medical! you're almost there! Super exciting! We did a K1 too and my fiance is actually currently in the air over London flying to USA. She should be here shortly and has already done immigration at the Abu Dhabi International Airport per-clearance facility. Surprisingly our timeline is very similar. I submitted the K1 application back in May of 2013 and in October got asked to resubmit the medical. Interview was in Feb 2014. Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Yes, this is your ISL number

2. If no one has ever filed any other petition on your fiance's behalf before this K-1 application, the answer is No. My fiance had never applied nor had anyone ever applied for her before the K1 application so the answer was No. It's the same application that is still in process that is why it remains a No.

3. They do a vaccine check at the medical i believe. Unfortunately I do not have this information with me and I can't even ask my fiance at the moment. I believe when you go for medical they check if you've had the appropriate necessary vaccines according to US law and if you haven't, they then notify you and you simply get them from the medical place. I could be wrong though.

4. I just scanned her passport size photo, saved it as a JPEG and uploaded it on the site. You also might be asked to submit two passport size photos along with the DS-160. We were asked to submit two photographs along with the DS-160 adn medical so we did that too. Not a big deal at all.

All the best! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ours finally got done! The day process was completed in the US, I contacted ISB to inform them of the completion and asked to be provided list any additional documents that are needed to complete the process. I received an email two days later saying we needed to provide fresh medical "IMMEDIATELY". Exactly seven days after submitting fresh medical, CEAC was updated to visa having been "ISSUED" on October 15, 2015. Now Good luck to those who are waiting! yours will be get done soon.

Timeline

Hey everyone. I have a few questions while helping my wife fill up her Ds260.

1. In one part it asks for spouses address. If i being the spouse am currently living outside usa and pakistan in another country for work purposes, then shud i writr other and my other countries address or should i still use my permanent usa address?

2. On th same page it asks if your spouse is immigrating to us with you? Now by immigrating do they mean actually moving to the us or do they mean if spouse is also applying for immigrant visa?

3. Same as question 2 above for children. When she was filling up the children section, it asked if the children are immigrating to us with her? Again does it mean going to go to usa with her, then yes ofcourse they will. But if they mean if they are also applicants to a us immigrant visa, then no. Coz our children are already usa citizens. So its a confusing question to me. Yes they are immigrating to usa with their mother but they do not need a visa for that. So what should i mark for this wuestion?

4. In a later part, it asks informstion about the petitioner. Here ofcourse i out my name and place of birth etc. but again it asks petitioners address. So here i would out my permanent usa address correct and not my current work address in a third country?

Pls help me with the above. Thanks for the info.

Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.