PazDR

NOT FAIR! California vs. Texas Service Center

75 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've been recommending Texas filers have their fiance get Filipino citizenship first, then bringing them to the states. It'll be much faster that way. :rofl:

Just kidding. Sit back and relax for now. No one knows what's going on there right now.

:lol: very good!

When I was waiting there was a CR1 backlog and my wait for NOA2 took 7 months against 20 days for some K1 filers. Once I stopped getting mad at the unfairness (and people are right it is unfair) I found it easier to come to terms with and I focussed my energy on the letter writing campaigns and moral support for those who had it even worse than me. I really sympathise with those of you who are stuck at TSC and seeing all the happy posts from CSC because i know how it feels.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Timeline

i know time apart is not key or optimal but that is the reality of things and as we bear it, our relationship will be even stronger than it already is. At least that has been my case. I do know others that the time apart has been and put a strain on their relationship. Everyone's circumstance(s) of course can be different. Best wishes to all. We are nearing the end but, not there and, one continues to press forward

Nice to see a positive attitude.

To those who have been waiting beyond the standard processing time of 5/6 months, I suggest contacting your congress(wo)man.

For those waiting who have not yet reached the 5/6-month mark, there's really nothing much that can be done to speed up the process other than to wait and keep yourself occupied by preparing for the move. Plenty of things to do while you wait, e.g., downsizing all your possessions, researching AOS/EAD/AP/SSN, wedding prep, re-writing your resume for the US market and researching the area where you will be staying, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm a CSC filer and had I not had an RFE, I would probably have had my NOA2 in about 3.5 weeks. I completely agree this is an unfair process, and USCIS should find some way to better distribute the workload. The fact is, however, there is very little political support for useful immigration reform, including just improving the existing processes. I think even 4 weeks to approve a petition is way too long; and all the damned redundancy in the paperwork is idiotic (G325A form, w_t_f?), and why can't much of this be done electronically? The system is broken on so many levels, it's really sad. Hang in there OP, you will eventually get your approval.

Edited by Pianist27

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Like I said in another thread similar to this....We were all prepared for the 5 month wait at the beginning. Our NOA2 only took 65 days...We were thrilled!! However, then you start seeing CSC filers getting approved in one month...15 days...and one was 8 days! Seriously 8 days?! So something is really not right...even I kind of felt jipped somehow after I saw that! To me that puts things in a whole different perspective. But we all know by now there is no rhyme or reason to this process. It really seriously needs some redesigning! I work in management, I've been through a few department redesigns, I'd be happy to assist our immigration office in that project!! I pray for us all everyday. Stay positive, have faith, keep your eye on the prize, and stay strong! That precious day soon come!!

? does this mean that Texas Center relationships will b stronger? Or the ones that just get overlooked for months? I think not....im jk jk making light of everything. I do appreciate everyone here we are here for the same reason under different circumstances Good Luck to everyone and don't mind my smartasness...I'm deprived of the companionship of my babe among other things ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

And get ready for the wait for go through NVC... this its only the beginning.

Good luck all.

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Sep/27/2024 -- Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization issued.  (Journey over!) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

marita are you still waiting at the NVC? Since tuesday was a holiday my papers at the NVC have been there technically two business days. how long will they be there if they have not already left.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, I am in the same situation (Almost 5 months in TSC), however I was prepared to wait the average 6 months and try not to go crazy about it (Calling USCIS or checking my status all the time), it will happen eventually and I agree it's not fair at all but the differences in the processing time doesn't remain only in CSC! I see people at TSC getting approved so much faster than others and it caught my attention that they are usually Filipino or Russian, so can somebody please explain me what's up with the Filipino and Russian? Why do they usually get approved fast? Expedited? My US fiancé is american-filipino and sucks it didn't help, lol!

Edited by renatatorquato

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I understand it's a hard process. I've been through the waiting in texas…being angry at seeing CSC filers arriving in the US before we were anywhere NEAR getting our NOA2. I was lucky and ended up getting transferred to CSC and my petition was approved within a month of the transfer (A week before hitting the 5 month mark). I wrote letters to my congressman and senators about the discrepancy (As did many here on the forum) We contacted media outlets and tried to get the service centers exposed. I honestly thought that the transfers to Cali would improve Texas's speed, but apparently it hasn't, which is sad news indeed. I feel your pain, trust me. Right now I'm nearing the final step-all we need is to for the embassy to schedule my beloveds interview and he should be here. You'll hear this from many…be patient and talk to each other as much as possible. It's not a fun process to go through, but if you truly love one another, you WILL get through it. Thinking back on the last several months, it doesn't' seem that bad, but it was. This separation is horrible, and I hope things start to get better at texas. It should be fair and even for both centers. You'd think they'd learn...

Best of luck to you and to everyone else waiting!

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah that's my frustration too. It's just awkward to see people get approved in 3 weeks and then I see people who get approved in 5 months+ :/ I hope they start transferring some cases to lighten up the load in Texas.

Another frustration... People in CSC screwing up the Texas's approx. timeline -______-

They file under Texas and are from California. Clearly no one in TSC who filed in October has gotten approved yet. Please do us a favor and read carefully when you put which service center you are at :(

-End Rant-

Edited by kimmygeee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's the same for the Nebraska service center. If our petition had been sent to California, it would be up for review right now. Instead it was sent to Nebraska and we have to wait another three to four months. US immigration sucks! :( All these American politicians talking about family values... It's a joke!

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

It's the same for the Nebraska service center. If our petition had been sent to California, it would be up for review right now. Instead it was sent to Nebraska and we have to wait another three to four months. US immigration sucks! :( All these American politicians talking about family values... It's a joke!

They don't care as long as it is not their family who has to suffer through this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

who said it's fair

we're wasting almost one year to be with our beloved ones, most of this time is wasted because of stupid routine

we need a solution, me and my fiancee are waiting for more than 5 months and there is no sign in the horizon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

IM AT NEBRASKA TO... HOPE WE ALL HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS SOON!!! event.png

Edited by My love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.