Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I hope next week I hear some news from NVC...whichever, checklists or CC... :clock:

:ph34r:

USCIS
02.06 2014: I130 sent (Our PD)

02.13 2014: NOA1 from NSC
08.08 2014: NOA2 from NSC
08.14 2014: Shipped to NVC

NVC

09.04 2014: Case Number & IIN assigned

09.10 2014: AOS & IV fee invoiced and paid

09.12 2014: Payment status shown as "Paid"

10.07 2014: Submitted DS-260 via CEAC online

10.08 2014: AOS & IV package sent

10.14 2014: Case received e-mail from NVC (scanned date 10.09)

12.11 2014: Case Complete e-mail from NVC

12.12 2014: P4 e-mail from NVC, interview date & time scheduled

Embassy of US in Tokyo

01.09 2015: BIO

01.26 2015: Interview -> Approved!

02.03 2015: Temporary CR-1 printed on my wife's passport

02.10 2015: The first entry in US

03.20 2015: CR1 green card in hand

:idea:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

thank you jcruzazucar. the problem is my police certificate is without my parents' name on it which is required by nvc, but malta police headquarter insists that is the standard tamplete they issued no need to put parents name. this is killing me, i really don't know how to do it know.

Hey! Can anyone let confirm that on the police report the parents' names must be listed??? This is the first time I have seen this requirement. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Called on Wednesday. Still no case number. Here's hoping for next week!

USCIS

July 7, 2014 NOA1

October 21, 2014 NOA2

NVC

November 14, 2014 Package Received

December 16, 2014 Case # Assigned

December 17, 2014 Welcome Email

December 18, 2014 DS-261 Completed

December 18, 2014 Received AOS Invoice

December 19, 2014 AOS Bill Paid

December 23, 2014 AOS Bill Status Changed to Paid

December 29, 2014 Called NVC and a super nice rep reviewed my DS-261

...told IV Bill would be available in 7 days...it took 1...

December 30, 2014 Received IV Invoice

December 30. 2014 IV Bill Available/Paid

December 31, 2014 IV Bill Status Changed to Paid

January 1, 2015 DS-260 Available

January 5, 2015 DS-260 Submitted

January 29, 2015 IV & AOS Packages Submitted

January 30, 2015 IV & AOS Packages Arrived at NVC

JANUARY 30, 2015 SCAN DATE

February 5, 2015 NVC Checklist for AOS and IV documents, but they'd already been sent

February 6, 2015 2nd Email from NVC, they received our documents on 1/30

MARCH 17, 2015 CASE COMPLETE (47 days from scan date)

March 24, 2015 Received Case Complete Email

March 26, 2015 Received Interview Email

MAY 11, 2015 INTERVIEW (Approved Pending Medical Results)

MAY 13, 2015 CASE STATUS CHANGES FROM AP TO ISSUED

Hey! Can anyone let confirm that on the police report the parents' names must be listed??? This is the first time I have seen this requirement. Thanks.

that's what i was told by rep, but it could be various depends on which country. but when i turned to malta police headquarter and asked to issue me another with parent's name on it, they told me the one they issued to me is the standard (with no parents' names), and now nvc cann't accept it, this is really stress me out. police record is just to prove the person is in good conduct, why should put parents names it is not a birth certificate. i don't know what to do with this, i can provide nvc another updated one but still the same template.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Case Complete! Last scan date was 30 Sep. CC date was 21st but we just called yesterday and found out.

Thank you Saylin and all other active members of NVC Filers thread for helping along the way. :)

Pick Malta at the following link and you can know if you submitted the correct police certificate or not: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

yes, i did looked at that. the problem is all those information (incl. parents names etc.) are required by malta police headquarter to obtain the police certificate, but nvc thinks it has to be all indicated on the certificate.

what does it mean if the case was transferred to a supervisor, does it mean i will definitely get a checklist or they just veryfying something on it? i was told that my case was reviewed but now transferred to supervisor.

Supervisor review means that they are verifying that the police certificate that you provided doesn't need the name or not - it's a good thing - Because it's basically challenging the checklist (which obviously takes 60 days) vs. a supervisor review (which can take up to 45 days). Keep on them to make sure - if the document is official and the only one you can get then keep challenging them on their decision.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Supervisor review means that they are verifying that the police certificate that you provided doesn't need the name or not - it's a good thing - Because it's basically challenging the checklist (which obviously takes 60 days) vs. a supervisor review (which can take up to 45 days). Keep on them to make sure - if the document is official and the only one you can get then keep challenging them on their decision.

just called and was told i will receive a checklist email, but my case is still being reviewed by supervisor and it could take another 42 business days to review it. so i'm really confused, if it has not been determined, why they send me a checklist email which i have not received yet.

just called and was told i will receive a checklist email, but my case is still being reviewed by supervisor and it could take another 42 business days to review it. so i'm really confused, if it has not been determined, why they send me a checklist email which i have not received yet.

Hello VJ,

Quick question. I still have not received email on checklist. Can the attorney fax aos corrected to NY since she is in DR and I can overnight it?? Im getting desperate its been a week today since I was told by nvc rep to errors attorney did. Can I overnight attorney corrected aos fax?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ,

Quick question. I still have not received email on checklist. Can the attorney fax aos corrected to NY since she is in DR and I can overnight it?? Im getting desperate its been a week today since I was told by nvc rep to errors attorney did. Can I overnight attorney corrected aos fax?

I dont see an issue with that, as long as you sign it. Include the AOS cover letter when you are mailing it.

I have seen others mail the checklist back using the AOS cover sheet even before receiving the checklist via email

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

I dont see an issue with that, as long as you sign it. Include the AOS cover letter when you are mailing it.

I have seen others mail the checklist back using the AOS cover sheet even before

receiving the checklist via email

I was wondering since faxs are not original doc. I figure I would have to sign and current date it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am really upset!! I called NVC this morning to see if my case is completed. She said AOS looks good, but she said that IV documents hasn't been received since they received AOS (scan date is Sept 24th, 2014), but my lawyer sent AOS and IV package together to NVC (I got two emails -- one is for AOS and another email is for IV -- both said 60 days). I don't understand why they didn't have IV package with them. Also, they said DS260 is incomplete. but we finished DS260 long time ago and now I looked again at Ceac state website to see if DS260 is completed. it said "completed" on the website. I am confused!! I have the confirmation page that I printed out from the website (my wife has the confirmation page too after she completed DS260 long time ago.). I sent an urgent message to my lawyer to contact NVC. I am really upset because original documents (original marriage certificate, original birth certificate of my wife, copies of my wife's passport and police certificates), that were sent to NVC, now are lost. I only have photocopies of marriage certificate, birth certificate, passport and police certificates with me, but we need original documents back! It's frustrating! Now photocopies are acceptable. Thanks a lot to NVC!

Edited by spousewaitingvisa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am really upset!! I called NVC this morning to see if my case is completed. She said AOS looks good, but she said that IV documents hasn't been received since they received AOS (scan date is Sept 24th, 2014), but my lawyer sent AOS and IV package together to NVC (I got two emails -- one is for AOS and another email is for IV -- both said 60 days). I don't understand why they didn't have IV package with them. Also, they said DS260 is incomplete. but we finished DS260 long time ago and now I looked again at Ceac state website to see if DS260 is completed. it said "completed" on the website. I am confused!! I have the confirmation page that I printed out from the website (my wife has the confirmation page too after she completed DS260 long time ago.). I sent an urgent message to my lawyer to contact NVC. I am really upset because original documents (original marriage certificate, original birth certificate of my wife, copies of my wife's passport and police certificates), that were sent to NVC, now are lost. I only have photocopies of marriage certificate, birth certificate, passport and police certificates with me, but we need original documents back! It's frustrating! Now photocopies are acceptable. Thanks a lot to NVC!

Ask for a supervisor review. Seems like they have misplaced your documents

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was wondering since faxs are not original doc. I figure I would have to sign and current date it.

the attorney can email it to you and you can print it. and any info that might be missing you can just write it, date sign and you are good to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.