patiently_waiting

Sleepless on Sat night/Sun morning

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Doodle, I thought only I was that crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the club. I actually keep his clothes in a ziploc bag, so they still have his scent. But I do have "mohamed" pillow. I've never been like that! I never talked baby talk before I had my kids and was pretty down-to-earth at least in that.

My bedroom is the lonliest place in the house, my cats might come in, but then they leave. I don't sleep with pets - I have enough problems sleeping as it is. I just stare at the ceiling for good 30 minutes - and I'm so tired! Have to make myself turn the light off and get under the covers. Then I manage to turn it back on. That goes on and on sometimes for a while. The trick is to let myself believe that 'mohamed' pillow IS him and that I am hugging HIM. Then I can go to sleep! How crazy is that? I laugh at myself but this helps! Also I don't have coffee after 3 pm,know for sure it affects me. When I know I don't have to get up too early, I might take antihistamine - that gives me a headacke in the morning, but helps me have at least some kind of sleep.

Now I just called him and told about the lawyer, that nothing can be done! I don't know if he's crying, but he's not talking. We had longest pauses on the phone and he sounded crashed! I had to tell him something - he's been asking me to get a lawyer for a long time and made me promise to get one this week!

Could you ever move there for a while or would your children's dad have issues with that?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doodle, I thought only I was that crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the club. I actually keep his clothes in a ziploc bag, so they still have his scent.

Count me in- I have a tshirt in a ziploc bag- but I hardly ever dare to smell it. Usually I have a major "missinghim" breakdown when I smell it.

I do have his deodorant on my nightstand that I smell every now and then and it always makes me smile.

And I have a pillow with a pillowcase of the sheet set we bought last time I was home. Soooo soooft.

Ah well... *sigh*

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Timeline

I've sucked about all of the smell out of it actually. The only thing that smells now is the pits. lol. And yes I smell them when I'm not doing so good. rofl. I told him this and he laughed hysterically. He won't change the pillow case on the pillow that I used. :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I actually have a few of him oils and i put them on whenever i miss him. That helps a little. Too bad my patient hates one of my oils. I also make some Moroccan dishes and mint tea a lot! Not that I'm there, but tricks my brain or takes me to a 'happy place' :D

And no, Doodle, I can't go! My son's 14, another one one 18 but has his problems (lots of problems - spent too much time with the ex - years). So, now I'm stuck! as much as I hate it, I'm stuck! Maybe there is a way, but leaving my kids doesn't seem to be a good one...

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Timeline
I actually have a few of him oils and i put them on whenever i miss him. That helps a little. Too bad my patient hates one of my oils. I also make some Moroccan dishes and mint tea a lot! Not that I'm there, but tricks my brain or takes me to a 'happy place' :D

And no, Doodle, I can't go! My son's 14, another one one 18 but has his problems (lots of problems - spent too much time with the ex - years). So, now I'm stuck! as much as I hate it, I'm stuck! Maybe there is a way, but leaving my kids doesn't seem to be a good one...

Oh I don't blame you. I felt so bad leaving during the holiday break. My kids are with their dad for two weeks at a time in the summer and they see him every other weekend and every Wed night and all that but just knowing that I was so far away affected them. I'm hoping the next time I go it will be a little easier on them. (F)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance gave me a teddy bear SOAKED in his cologne. i used to hold it to fall asleep but now 99% of the cologne is gone :( i think next time i go back i'm going to buy a bottle of his cologne to bring home with me. and he can have it back when he finally gets his visa.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I got some ambien . . . seems to work OK, but I'd really like the doctor to try me on some Ambien CR. I don't take it every night though, but last night I decided that it might be a good thing to do since I hadn't slept well for several nights. But you need to go to bed early enough to be sure you can get at least 8 hours of sleep . . . that is one of the warnings, but true! I took it about 11:30 and I didn't get out of bed until after 7am this morning.

Timeline
I got some ambien . . . seems to work OK, but I'd really like the doctor to try me on some Ambien CR. I don't take it every night though, but last night I decided that it might be a good thing to do since I hadn't slept well for several nights. But you need to go to bed early enough to be sure you can get at least 8 hours of sleep . . . that is one of the warnings, but true! I took it about 11:30 and I didn't get out of bed until after 7am this morning.

Do you feel groggy the first hour that you're awake or do you wake up refreshed?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oy, does this bring back memories. I asked Tamer to send me a shirt to sleep in, and he sent me a button down dress shirt :blink: I thought he misunderstood me, but it turns out he actually does sleep in old button down dress shirts.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not sure of your religious affiliations, but for me, I do dhikr - rememberance of God, repeating la ilaha il Allah, SubhanAllah, Allahu Akbar, etc - when I lie down. It calms me down. Pick a soothing thought and think about it. I sometimes also create stories in my head about positive things I'd like to happen in the future. It used to be when Tamer and I were to be reunited, and now it's about our future kids (inshaAllah!)

I did try taking sleep medicine, but it interacted poorly with some of my other stuff, and made me faint. Definately not what I want to do :wacko:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

I use Al-Fatiha. That's all I know for now. It does get me relaxed and then I just fall asleep. Could you PM me, RAHMA what you're talking about? I'd like to learn more. I saw something that you're supposed to say 100 times a day, but don't remember what. What you're talking about looks kind of like it.

Oh yeah! I went to Target with my son, it was fun! They got lots of nice imported stuff, mostly from China and India. Very nice! Got some stuff, mostly useless stuff - something on clearance. They didn't have anything made in Morocco, but I did get a camel for $5.99 and some nice Chinese bowls. My son is a very slow eater, and they have soup bowls with lids. Look pretty neat.

Then we went to Subway and got 4 1/2 hoagies for $9.99.

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: Timeline

Do you feel groggy the first hour that you're awake or do you wake up refreshed?

Well, when I first wake up, I am always a bit out of it, but that is usual for me anyway. Other than that, I think I am OK . . . and I always drink coffee in the morning anyway. I have to admit I am at my worst first thing in the morning . . . so drugs or now drugs . . . makes no diff. :help:

Timeline

I'm not a morning person either, but not sleeping at night is no fun when you have to get up and go to work, I'll tell you that. I'm like a zombie for about one/one and a half hours from when I get up. And I always make my bed and cover 'mohamed' pillow, and i envy that it gets to stay home. Which is totally crazy. But I guess, we wouldn't be here on VJ with our problems if we weren't at least a bit crazy - to go and meet a guy who knows where and fall in love with him...

I consider that at least a little bit crazy. Don't gang up on me now, girls - I'm just like you!

That's what I kept telling my husband, that we both were crazy when we met online and started all this.

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Timeline
I use Al-Fatiha. That's all I know for now. It does get me relaxed and then I just fall asleep. Could you PM me, RAHMA what you're talking about? I'd like to learn more. I saw something that you're supposed to say 100 times a day, but don't remember what. What you're talking about looks kind of like it.

There are beads that you can use when doing dhikr too. Usama made me some and that is what I use. Still does'nt get me to sleep though. :( 12:28am here and I have to be up at 7am and I'm WIDE awake. :unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Here we gooo again it's 12:30 and I have to wake up at 7:30 and busy until 8:30 and still awake :bonk:

I spend two and half hours on the phone again today with my sweetie and still i'm wide awake. Funny about the shirt thing, I thought I was the only one. I made him sleep in this particular sweater everynight for 7 days. I have worn it every night since I got back 1/21. I refuse to wash it, but I had to retire from sleeping in it lolol so I just leave it next to my bed with his picture and some gifts he bought me......sigggghhhhh

It's way too $$$ but I think I'll be heading back at the end of March, even for a few days, I can't take being away from him. We were going to try to wait until his interview which could be as early as August, but as late as December. Decisions decisions....

I hope the rest of you ladies are tucked away sleeping now. hugs x0x0x

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.