Ta Ta

Who is on AP in sub saharan Africa ?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Husband went to interview on May 22, the everything was going good he answered all the question, showed them the emails,IM and pictures. I think my husband said the interviewer asked when was the last time you saw your wife and my husband told her she is outside waiting...The CO went to the computer entered something came back gave him the dreaded blue sheet 221g. Which said for him and I to come the need day...We did and say the investigating lawyer. Answered all the question. She said we were approved. Said they would call. Now we are on the waiting game for this turn in the road...Came home immediately called DOS. was told by then that they could only read what the put on computer but as they see all the docs and evidence was proofed but we were put on AR.... Is this our Embassy or theirs is my question? I have stated to compose a letter to my congressman to see if he can figure this out... The people there I understand are Nigerian...But Still I can't figure this is the United States Embassy there....Sorry I'm still hurt that I had to leave there a third time without my husband....I know many have made more trips there and left their love one...This hurts and it is not right.... Yes there is lot of fraud there but there is lot here and all over the world... But don't condemn our love ones for living in that country and falling in love with us, and us with them..

Sorry everyone. I guess need to let off steam. and seeing this post open a this fresh wound more...

Hopefully they will figure that we have did out checking also...With someone that know the answer...GOD...

Take care.. hope everyone that been on this side road call AP and also the one that just turned on it ( like me) will so find the fast express road home in our arms and theirs...GOD is giving the the direction we are following his word...But they are not listening.

Please forgive me for being so long

On AR since 5/22 for his..... 5/23 for ours together

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Husband went to interview on May 22, the everything was going good he answered all the question, showed them the emails,IM and pictures. I think my husband said the interviewer asked when was the last time you saw your wife and my husband told her she is outside waiting...The CO went to the computer entered something came back gave him the dreaded blue sheet 221g. Which said for him and I to come the need day...We did and say the investigating lawyer. Answered all the question. She said we were approved. Said they would call. Now we are on the waiting game for this turn in the road...Came home immediately called DOS. was told by then that they could only read what the put on computer but as they see all the docs and evidence was proofed but we were put on AR.... Is this our Embassy or theirs is my question? I have stated to compose a letter to my congressman to see if he can figure this out... The people there I understand are Nigerian...But Still I can't figure this is the United States Embassy there....Sorry I'm still hurt that I had to leave there a third time without my husband....I know many have made more trips there and left their love one...This hurts and it is not right.... Yes there is lot of fraud there but there is lot here and all over the world... But don't condemn our love ones for living in that country and falling in love with us, and us with them..

Sorry everyone. I guess need to let off steam. and seeing this post open a this fresh wound more...

Hopefully they will figure that we have did out checking also...With someone that know the answer...GOD...

Take care.. hope everyone that been on this side road call AP and also the one that just turned on it ( like me) will so find the fast express road home in our arms and theirs...GOD is giving the the direction we are following his word...But they are not listening.

Please forgive me for being so long

On AR since 5/22 for his..... 5/23 for ours together

The United States Embassy grants the visa and is the one that approves visas. The Nationals there are employed and work under the US chief consul.

You may be undergoing background checks, security checks, document verification or home investigation.

Keep calling DOS every 2 weeks and ask for status updates and if your status still shows approved.

They told you you were approved so if you email the embassy they may tell you what the hold up is.

You may hear from them any day now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
It was just weird seeing it and the deja vu feeling and he is still not here excpet I know now what they were doing while in AP 1 1/2 years ago.

I know, it was really weird to see that post... (F)

Edited by LovinLiberia

• 3 months later...
Timeline
We've been on since 9-2005. Not yet complete

I would like to know who in this forum is on AP since the interview and how long ?

For those whose cases are completed how long did it take ?

:unsure:

Is there a list like the MENA group has ?

Any volunteers ?

Wow... what is the hold up?

Timeline

Hello Everyone

The stress of waiting for any new to when this AP will end is something special. Today my husband told me that he believes that the Lady investigator that interviewed us contacted him for additional questions and to check to see if he may have moved while he is in the Ap process... He answered all the questions that she asked.

While we are Happy that in the Embassy contacted us finally. Our excitement will not really begin till he has his visa in hand....We don't want to have our hopes to high to be let down again... It is hard enough to be separated and continue to have a marriage. Only for someone to give you hope only to take it away with just a single word...

I'm praying that this is sign that others will be contact soon also..

Timeline
Hello Everyone

The stress of waiting for any new to when this AP will end is something special. Today my husband told me that he believes that the Lady investigator that interviewed us contacted him for additional questions and to check to see if he may have moved while he is in the Ap process... He answered all the questions that she asked.

While we are Happy that in the Embassy contacted us finally. Our excitement will not really begin till he has his visa in hand....We don't want to have our hopes to high to be let down again... It is hard enough to be separated and continue to have a marriage. Only for someone to give you hope only to take it away with just a single word...

Good, at least you know the case is active and looked at. Best wishes for a fast end of AP.

I know how bad it gets, was there for one year !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello Everyone

AP is horrific. I know how crazy you can get while on AP and it just seems endless. It will EVENTUALLY come to an end. Thank goodness you've heard something. Truthfully, I was on AP for 6 weeks at NVC and didn't hear neither hide nor hair. It was incredibly frustrating. Try your best to be patient and know that when it's FINALLY over you'll be sooooooo happy with your boo!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I have been on AP since August 12, 2008. I was present for the interview and was interviewed the same day as my husband as I was scheduled to leave the next day to go home. I, too, was interviewed by one of the local Nigerian fraud investigators, a lady. Though she tried to be a bit of a know-it-all and treated me as a victim of my own husband, for the most part she was civil with me. She and her colleague were downright rude and obnoxious when it came to my husband though. He was accused of using me for immigration purposes and that he was lying, he didn't love me. He got so angry that he quit answering their questions. She then came and told me that she was going to go in and tell him he was not getting a visa today as I told her that I wanted to move to Nigeria just to see what his reaction would be. He promptly replied that if that is what she wants to do, then it is perfectly fine with him. He just wants me to be happy, so all their efforts to trip him up failed.

I told her that we had made plans long before we got to the interview stage to live together in Nigeria because the visa process was so long, so if he was trying to hide children or wives, I would think he would not have agreed for us to get a house together in Nigeria. Nobody could hide a family for that long (as we didn't know how long the process would be), which it ended up taking eight months from filing the petition to interview time. I told her I had already done my own investigating of him on a year before I agreed to marry him as I wanted to be sure myself. I didn't marry him until my second visit to Nigeria. I wanted to meet him in person first and check out everything he had told me to make sure everything checked out that he told me which it did in time. This all took place for one year before marriage, then I agreed to marry him after that, so we married on my next trip to Nigeria one year later and then filed a few months later for I-130 and K3. The lady investigator gave me her email address and told me to give him a month after telling him that I wanted to move to Nigeria instead since they refused to give him a visa and see if his communication with me decreases or he stops calling you, then you will have your answer as to whether he is using you for a benefit or if he truly loves you. Email her in one month with the results. I never had to tell him I wanted to move to Nigeria. After the interview, he was so upset about the outcome of the interview, he told me he wanted me to move to Nigeria and that he would start work on finding us a house in Nigeria after I went home. He did just that too. Within a month, he had found several houses in several areas of Lagos and asked me to pick so he could pay for it and get me there as soon as possible. I forwarded his email to the investigating officer. Do you think she believed it? No, she thought it was written for the embassy's benefit. LOL! I told her that she had asked me to keep it to myself what she was doing which I did, and then when it turns out he is proving his love yet again, then it can only be for the embassy's benefit? I asked her why did you ask me to do this when you never planned on believing me anyway? And I told her that I now wondered how biased her investigation would be. She then wrote back and said that we both did as agreed and that there would be no need for any further emails and that if I liked, she could hand over the case to one of her colleagues.

Anyway, I can't believe they worked this quickly. Today is a Muslim holiday, El Fitri, and the embassy is closed for the next two days, but she showed up at my husband's family's home to do a field interview today. This is only slightly over two months since the interview and she is already investigating. Not that I'm complaining as that means it's almost over, but I have never seen this embassy work this quickly to get an investigation done. She first asked questions of his mother's neighbors about whether they were aware of our marriage. None of them were aware of it. This doesn't surprise me because some families are private and they don't share all info about their families to everyone. Now mind you, she was accusing my husband of using me, but yet, the only questions asked of his little brother and his mother were if they were aware of our marriage. They both answered yes they were. The lady investigator then asked if they were aware of the marriage, why is it that none of the neighbors know anything about it? Both his brother and his mother said that this is not something that they shout in the streets, it is family matter and therfore private information. There were no questions asked about whether he had children or a wife prior to me which he doesn't, just that. She then said she was finished with her investigation and he would be hearing from the embassy shortly. My question is what difference does it make how much noise was made about our marriage as it was to make sure that he doesn't have a hidden wife and children and that the marriage is valid and his family is aware of it and approves? Who cares if the neighbors know about it or not? If you start shouting out to everyone in Lagos that you are married to an American, there will be some that will not want to see your happiness, but rather your downfall. There will also be those that will have their hand out as well because if you are married to an American, you surely have money because all Americans are perceived as rich in Nigeria, so therefore, you keep your business to yourself there. I don't see one thing wrong with the neighbors not being aware of our marriage.

I had gotten my senator involved, but I am not sure if this was a help or not at this piont. I am not sure if this is why they were out trying to finish the investigation or not. I had read somewhere by a former employee of the Lagos embassy that if they have to pull your file to answer a congressional inquiry that they just go on and do the investigation to satisfy the congressional inquiry, but I have not heard a reply from my senator except that he was going to make an inquire on my behalf. I have never heard about the outcome of his inquiry. I hope this means that he will be contacted soon to come back for a 2nd interview. I thought we would be waiting much longer than this, but I am happy that it is finally going to be over soon, I hope!

Good luck to anyone else still waiting on AP.

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

What a story! Definitely believable though with all that goes on now. It is very interesting that they asked why the neighbors didn't know. But I only have stories about Nigeria, so I'm not sure what it's really like. Obviously, it's dangerous once people believe you will be leaving for America. They will take your life before they see you prosper. I think Bassi's whole neighborhood knew about me before they even met me. He lives in a close muslim community in Ghana. The neighbors are the family, the tribe. So, it's not like talking to strangers. Just keep praying and hopefully this will come to an end soon. I still say, all that we are going through to get our SOs home, build a much much stronger relationship in many cases.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
What a story! Definitely believable though with all that goes on now. It is very interesting that they asked why the neighbors didn't know. But I only have stories about Nigeria, so I'm not sure what it's really like. Obviously, it's dangerous once people believe you will be leaving for America. They will take your life before they see you prosper. I think Bassi's whole neighborhood knew about me before they even met me. He lives in a close muslim community in Ghana. The neighbors are the family, the tribe. So, it's not like talking to strangers. Just keep praying and hopefully this will come to an end soon. I still say, all that we are going through to get our SOs home, build a much much stronger relationship in many cases.

Yes, you are exactly correct. I believe I read not too long ago in this forum where the beneficiary was followed from the embassy by the Lagos police after he had just received his visa and brown envelope. They stopped him and beat him up a bit and asked for a bribe or they would open his brown packet which is not to be opened except at the POE by immigration officials. He had no money, so he called his brother to come with money. They luckily gave back his brown envelope and passport without opening it, but you get the point. In Lagos, you tell no one about having an interview or getting a visa until you are on the plane because there are always those who will do harm to you because of it. My husband's close friends and of course his family know of our marriage and I am known to all those who need to know. You have to be extremely careful who you tell your business to in Lagos. This family interview should be the end of what they need besides document verification. That is just about all they CAN do as far as investigating the bonefide's of a marriage.

Thanks for commenting.

Deb

I-130

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

Timeline

Sorry you guys are put through the wringer like that. The embassy has a certain amount of days in which to pull your case answer the senator.

Hope you hear something soon and also about the unidentified investigator issue.

They are trying hard to find something.

Timeline
Sorry you guys are put through the wringer like that. The embassy has a certain amount of days in which to pull your case answer the senator.

Hope you hear something soon and also about the unidentified investigator issue.

They are trying hard to find something.

Thanks Omoba! I think the investigation was done that quickly to answer the senator as well. I have never heard of Lagos acting this quickly when someone is on AP. There are some on here that have waited for 2-3 years to be off AP, so I count myself one of the lucky ones.

About the unidentified investigator, my husband happened to come over to his mom's house that same day and as he was coming in the door, he said he saw the investigator that interviewed the both of us, and as soon as she saw him, he was told to back out and go away. She just refused twice to identify herself to his mother. I don't understand her actions at all. Pushbrk commented in the K3 forum that he saw nothing wrong...that they use that method often as it is Nigeria, not the USA. I don't agree. In any country, if you want cooperation, you should identify yourself to the person and state your reason for being there. Maybe it's just me though.

I-130

Timeline

Yes, they use this method in third world countries and that does not make it right and neither should we allow our SO's and family to

get intimidated like that.

I believe because it is Africa the same old disrespect and child like treatment gets dished out and I say it is unacceptable.

The investigator herself would not answer questions in that manner and therefore it is a double standard. Just because it happens often does not make it acceptable or normal.

If someone wants to answer an unidentified person.......fine , that is their choice, but it should not be used against someone negatively if they

chose not to answer personal questions.

Visions of colonized Africans and men in uniform demanding their way are dancing in my head.

Times have changed, respect the African people in interviews and investigations like you would the Western world.

Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=79691&st=0

Here is another thread from LL when her SO went through a field investigation.

Thanks yet again Omoba! Bassi and Zainab suggested to me to contact the field investigator since she gave me her email address and say that my mother in law contacted me and was concerned that her hesitancy to answer questions from a stranger might affect her son's case. I did take that advice and wrote an email to the investigator and told her the above and that my mother in law would like to invite her back to answer any questions she had if she needed a more complete case. I hope it does some good. Time will tell. Reading through LL's experience helped me as well.

I-130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.