Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi! So I submitted a case inquiry, phoned USCIS and demanded to talk to a tier 2 agent, since there was no update/news on my case (filed on July 7th). Told the agent about my situation and he told me I just had to wait until the 28th in order to get an answer, that there wasn´t much he could do about it...I couldn´t believe what I was hearing!

I have even thought about getting an appointment at a local USCIS office, but the offices at NYC are closed due to maintenance...and I´m not even sure if that will help

Has anyone been in this situation before (or is going through the same?)?? Any recommendations??

It´s been more than 8 months now and the wait is killing me...

Thanks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Ok, 1. Dont waste time with the local office. 2. Contact your congressman let them know that your date is from July and their website states they are in August that should do the trick. I know u went to the Senate but trust me congress is more effective. I went thru all the hoops and at the end it was congress who did it for me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi! So I submitted a case inquiry, phoned USCIS and demanded to talk to a tier 2 agent, since there was no update/news on my case (filed on July 7th). Told the agent about my situation and he told me I just had to wait until the 28th in order to get an answer, that there wasn´t much he could do about it...I couldn´t believe what I was hearing!

I have even thought about getting an appointment at a local USCIS office, but the offices at NYC are closed due to maintenance...and I´m not even sure if that will help

Has anyone been in this situation before (or is going through the same?)?? Any recommendations??

It´s been more than 8 months now and the wait is killing me...

Thanks!!!

We didn't get our approval until 8 months, so I understand the frustration. If an inquiry was put in for you and that's what he was saying you have to wait for than they can't do anything about that because once it's put in someone just has to pick it up. I would call back and talk to someone else and keep talking to someone else until someone is able to help you. I have also heard of people writing letters to the head of TSC, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that....I wish I could be more helpful. Best of luck!!!! But definitely try calling back and talking to somebody else.

Timeline

Ok, 1. Dont waste time with the local office. 2. Contact your congressman let them know that your date is from July and their website states they are in August that should do the trick. I know u went to the Senate but trust me congress is more effective. I went thru all the hoops and at the end it was congress who did it for me.

We have contacted our congresswoman and it seems that it´s not much help either, they say they have contacted TSC and must wait 3 weeks aprox. to get an answer from them (even though our case is out of normal processing time).

It´s more likely I will get an answer before my congresswoman.

Thanks anyway for your advice!

Timeline

We didn't get our approval until 8 months, so I understand the frustration. If an inquiry was put in for you and that's what he was saying you have to wait for than they can't do anything about that because once it's put in someone just has to pick it up. I would call back and talk to someone else and keep talking to someone else until someone is able to help you. I have also heard of people writing letters to the head of TSC, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that....I wish I could be more helpful. Best of luck!!!! But definitely try calling back and talking to somebody else.

I guess you are right, I will just keep calling them and complaining until someone helps me...I find it unbelievable that a Government´s office that processes delicate affairs such as immigration ones, might have lost a case and won´t do anything to help you out.

Thanks for your help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I guess you are right, I will just keep calling them and complaining until someone helps me...I find it unbelievable that a Government´s office that processes delicate affairs such as immigration ones, might have lost a case and won´t do anything to help you out.

Thanks for your help!

Now that you are outside of normal processing time you can also involve the office of Ombudsman. Here's the link to the form you complete. https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Good luck.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm getting really tired of being told by NVC to wait 35 days after receiving NoA2 ... just one long queue to another .. and why it took TSC two weeks to send the case to NVC ???

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Now that you are outside of normal processing time you can also involve the office of Ombudsman. Here's the link to the form you complete. https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice!! I have filled out the form and they say they will answer me within 45 days...will try to find some patience ´cause I´m really running out of it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Got the notice that an RFE was mailed to me February 26th...that was 2 weeks ago. Calls to them have been fruitless. They told me I have to wait until March 28th to request them to send it again if it doesn't come. TSC is just awful. Doesn't take 2 weeks+ to mail something from Texas to Maryland.

CXKjp1.png

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Got the notice that an RFE was mailed to me February 26th...that was 2 weeks ago. Calls to them have been fruitless. They told me I have to wait until March 28th to request them to send it again if it doesn't come. TSC is just awful. Doesn't take 2 weeks+ to mail something from Texas to Maryland.

Eh but it does take 2 weeks with TSC. It took 2 weeks for mine to go from Texas to California somehow, but I do hope yours will arrive in the next couple days!

event.png
event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for your advice!! I have filled out the form and they say they will answer me within 45 days...will try to find some patience ´cause I´m really running out of it

I don't want to give you false hope but they got back to me much quicker than the 45 days. Wishing you good luck.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for your help!

No worries!!!! I pray you hear something soon :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It's a miracle, just got approved! But I have a question. The email says that they will send me something in the mail about the next steps. Will this mail be important or require me to send some reply to it? I just ask because I am going out of town for a few weeks and I won't receive it. If not, then what is the next thing I need to do now that I have the approval? Thanks!

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.