Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

The more I read about the approvals on here that are after my NOA1 of July 21...i get worried and depressed. I keep thinking that it'll be any day now, but with each day that it doesn't come I feel more and more upset. Then I keep reading about couples getting RFEs in the mail and it makes me second guess everything we put on our petition. I'm freaking out over here!!! It's already been 6.5 months and we haven't heard a peep! I'm seriously going crazy.

event.png
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The more I read about the approvals on here that are after my NOA1 of July 21...i get worried and depressed. I keep thinking that it'll be any day now, but with each day that it doesn't come I feel more and more upset. Then I keep reading about couples getting RFEs in the mail and it makes me second guess everything we put on our petition. I'm freaking out over here!!! It's already been 6.5 months and we haven't heard a peep! I'm seriously going crazy.

It probably doesn't comfort you in any way to say you are not alone in this awful wait. We aren't worried about an RFE. There is no guarantee of not getting one, I suppose, but we spent so much time checking over the paperwork and enclosures together that we were very confident when we filed. If anything, I wish we had just filed immediately and then risked dealing with a possible RFE. It would have been faster, I suspect, having gained us a head start. However, I do think we are close now. Weekends used to be hard because I knew we wouldn't hear. I really look forward to them now because it's two days a week where I can just accept that nothing is going to happen. You're almost there.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It probably doesn't comfort you in any way to say you are not alone in this awful wait. We aren't worried about an RFE. There is no guarantee of not getting one, I suppose, but we spent so much time checking over the paperwork and enclosures together that we were very confident when we filed. If anything, I wish we had just filed immediately and then risked dealing with a possible RFE. It would have been faster, I suspect, having gained us a head start. However, I do think we are close now. Weekends used to be hard because I knew we wouldn't hear. I really look forward to them now because it's two days a week where I can just accept that nothing is going to happen. You're almost there.

This is what I heard that no matter how many proofs you send, some people do get an RFE, most of the posts I have read are for a letter for Intent to marry. I am worried that its taking too long but in a hope that its going to happen soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

This is what I heard that no matter how many proofs you send, some people do get an RFE, most of the posts I have read are for a letter for Intent to marry. I am worried that its taking too long but in a hope that its going to happen soon.

It's not uncommon for the service center to request something that was already submitted, too. In other words, they lose stuff.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good afternoon all, I got my RFE letter in the mail today, They asked to describe the circumstances under which we met and proof of intent to marry each other withing 90 days. Please do I have to type the letter or hand write it, I anyone else in this forum had been asked the same what did you do. Thank you.

You are almost there.

Good afternoon all, I got my RFE letter in the mail today, They asked to describe the circumstances under which we met and proof of intent to marry each other withing 90 days. Please do I have to type the letter or hand write it, I anyone else in this forum had been asked the same what did you do. Thank you.

Hi :) we both wrote a letter saying how we met. We included a date for the wedding. If you type it, just make sure to sign it.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi Daphnee,

you can definitely type it - I'd just make sure the signature is handwritten. So they are asking for a description of how you met? How odd, what did you write into the section of the I-129F where they asked that?

For the letter of intent definitely make sure both you and you fiance sign it personally.

Good luck - you will be approved soon!

I send them everything in the package the details how we met and our save the date card It's really fustrating that they are asking for the same thing but I made copies of my packet.... Thank you so much for replying.

Hi :) we both wrote a letter saying how we met. We included a date for the wedding. If you type it, just make sure to sign it.

Thanks I'm going to do it with my fiance this time, because I only sent it with my package with just my signature...

Thanks I'm going to do it with my fiance this time, because I only sent it with my package with just my signature...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We also typed our letters. I signed one and he signed one. That is annoying that they are asking you for something you already sent :/

The more I read about the approvals on here that are after my NOA1 of July 21...i get worried and depressed. I keep thinking that it'll be any day now, but with each day that it doesn't come I feel more and more upset. Then I keep reading about couples getting RFEs in the mail and it makes me second guess everything we put on our petition. I'm freaking out over here!!! It's already been 6.5 months and we haven't heard a peep! I'm seriously going crazy

Don't stress!!! I'm sure you'll hear something this week...definitely by next week. It is hard, but it will come. After doing a bit of reading on RFEs they're not that bad. Apparently there is another RFE type thing which if you get that one it pretty much means they're going to deny your petition. I think it was called "intent to deny"....anyway why point is if you get an RFE(although hopefully everything is fine with your petition) don't worry...they aren't the worst thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

11.45pm Monday 9th where I am... hoping to wake up to some good news all round.. best wishes everyone !

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Fingers crossed for all of us July filers who are still waiting! :) I just told my fiance last night: The good thing about it being Monday is that they'll (hopefully) start approving petitions again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm sooo ready for my NOA2 now! I have gotten some paperwork done today, got passport photos for medical exam and interview. Tomorrow I'm getting (hopefully) two vaccines and after that I feel ready to schedule my medical. Only thing I need now is to get tested for antibodies against chickenpox as that is something you need to be vaccinated for but I had chickenpox about 2 years ago. Then I might have to get one other vaccine but I'm going to wait until my medical and let them give it to me if they think I need it. I feel a lot better after doing all this. Can't just sit and do nothing.

I'm sooo ready for my NOA2 now! I have gotten some paperwork done today, got passport photos for medical exam and interview. Tomorrow I'm getting (hopefully) two vaccines and after that I feel ready to schedule my medical. Only thing I need now is to get tested for antibodies against chickenpox as that is something you need to be vaccinated for but I had chickenpox about 2 years ago. Then I might have to get one other vaccine but I'm going to wait until my medical and let them give it to me if they think I need it. I feel a lot better after doing all this. Can't just sit and do nothing.

Oh, I didn't know we had to be tested for chickenpox antibodies... I had it as a child and as such I'm not vaccinated. Can you do that without anything from the doctor who'll be doing your medical exam? How do you document it? I might need to look into that as well... I asked the medical center I'll be having my exam at about vaccines, and they gave me a list of vaccines. About the chickenpox they just said I needed the vaccine if I hadn't had it, nothing about testing for it. :/

I also checked to see if I could schedule my medical before the embassy has my papers, but that was a no go. Too bad, as I have to travel for the medical - it would be nice to just get it out of the way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.