Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

May I ask when your passport expires? The reason why I ask is because mine expires in December and I am hoping not renewing will be fine. I am planning on taking his last name after the wedding which means I need to make a name change anyway resulting in a new passport. From the research I've done I should be fine as long as I don't get the visa in July because they want it to be valid for 6 months after the visa is issued. So I should be fine but I am an expert on worrying so of course I worry I should still renew it...

Mine actually doesn't expire until May 2016. The reason I want to get it renewed now is to save me the hassle of having to renew it after I move to the US - the nearest place I can get that done is several hours away, and you have to do it in person. Afaik you can use a passport with your old name in it as long as you book tickets using your old name as well. Though to be honest - I'm also changing my last name after the wedding, and I'd rather we be able to book our tickets using the same last name. Sappy. ;)

Edited by renatesol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Based on? I would rather not as they are not cheap and it would only be a few months apart between renewals.

Once married and approved for green card in The USA, they'll place a stamp in your passport, and in few years if you apply for your citizenship, it's convinient to have everything and all the travel record in the same passport.....

oh never mind, I missed your point about name change. Then it makes no sense since you'll be needing a new passport regardless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes this is very exciting! I have always said, oh I wait until NOA2 to prepare for the next step but now I feel it is so close I have started a little. I have filled out a form to receive my criminal record. I have a feeling it will take a while to get here anyway.

Good luck to everyone this week! It's nice to see that according to Igor's list we are already almost halfway through July. It's been a looooon journey but soon it will be over! :D

Maria, that's a brilliant idea... my fiancée got his own Police Clearance Certificate too last week in readiness for the process cos he wont be having luxury of time to do all that when the time comes cos of his work. The only thing left now is the medical and interview after we get our NOA-2.

Honestly this waiting seems endless ... Very discouraging :sleepy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats to all the recent approvals! I'm glad to see it moving along!

However it seems like they are approving mid July and late July filers and I can't help but to feel like we are getting passed along. I am a July 7 filer... anyone else here in the same boat?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

However it seems like they are approving mid July and late July filers and I can't help but to feel like we are getting passed along. I am a July 7 filer... anyone else here in the same boat?

Don't worry, they will not forget you :) They work in batched and for some reason it skips back and forth and all over the place.

Timeline

Once married and approved for green card in The USA, they'll place a stamp in your passport, and in few years if you apply for your citizenship, it's convinient to have everything and all the travel record in the same passport.....

oh never mind, I missed your point about name change. Then it makes no sense since you'll be needing a new passport regardless.

That stamps is valid for 6 months after entry right? So I would be fine as long as I don't enter in July. And for citizenship I should be fine if I take copies of stamp and everything? In case they take my old passport and destroy it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

That stamps is valid for 6 months after entry right? So I would be fine as long as I don't enter in July. And for citizenship I should be fine if I take copies of stamp and everything? In case they take my old passport and destroy it?

Once the visa is issued I am sure you can travel on the same passport anytime unless there's an airline restriction.

The stamp they place when you first come in is an entry stamp. Since K1 is a single entry visa it doesn't matter how long stamp is valid for. Once married you apply for AOS in the USA. When you are approved for green card, they place another stamp called I-551 in your passport. That stamp is valid for 1 year.

As far as old passport rule, you can find out what the issuing authority does when they issue a new one.

You do, however, need to show your travel history during Citizenship interview.

Thats exactly how i feel ! im also a july 8 filer and i cant help but feel frustrated :'( I get soo happy when i see the approval from july's and think im one step closer but as the days pass and nothing its like the worst feeling ever !!! :clock::cry::crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

approved. got the message this morning from my lawyer and also check it online. July 28.

Congratulations!!! - This is wonderful to know since we are a July28th also!!! good news good news!

_____________________________________________________________________________________// 8011269.gif
I-129 Sent - July 23, 2014
NOA-1 - July 28, 2014
NOA-2 - February 3, 2015
NVC Received: --
February 17, 2015
Consulate Received: -- March 02, 2015 (Probably before but we never knew about it lol)
Packet 3&4 Received: -- March 02, 2015
Interview Date: -- March 24, 2015
Interview Results: --
POE: --

s-event.png---------> Go Pirates!z9EfMv2.png

Timeline

Yeah it would be interesting to tag along one day and see how they work. All I know is that they work in batches meaning they take a batch of applications from one week and work on it. I have a theory they are also in some way sorting people by where they come from (kind of supported by the fact that a lot of people from the UK are approved). Some countries seems to go through faster while some countries are getting processed later. Probably because of risk of fraud or possible other security related reasons. It could also explain the jumping back and forth and everywhere.

I also think that the way the assign the cases might make it seem like they jump back and forth if someone is working faster on the cases then some of the other people working there.

But once again this are just my theories and I could be completely wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah it would be interesting to tag along one day and see how they work.

They stuff each batch of petitions into a pinata and each morning they smash it after coffee and donuts and everyone picks up a few and strolls on over to his or her desk.

Seriously though, it really feels like a lucky dip, doesn't it? :(

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Congrats to those approved! :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center          AOS begins!                                                                                            ROC Time!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada (He is a German, but has been living in Canada for the last 5 years)

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-21                           Packet sent: 2015-06-22                                                                          Packet sent: 2017-11-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-29                        NOA1 for I-485 and EAD: 2015-07-02                                                 Receipt notice: 2017-12-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-03                       Biometrics Appt: 2015-07-28                                                                  Biometrics: 2017-12-28

NVC Received:No notice. Case # 2014-02-18    RFE: 2015-07-21 (RFE on I-485)                                              Approved w/o Interview: 2019-1-17

NVC Left : 2015-02-24                             RFE returned: 2015-07-29                                                                         Recieved: 2019-1-24

Consulate Received : 2015-02-26           Response received: 2015-08-03

Interview Date : 2015-04-15                   EAD Approved: 2015-09-04

Interview Result : APPROVED!! :D  EAD card Received: 2015-09-11

Visa Received : 2015-04-21                      Card Production Ordered: 2015-12-10 (No Interview! :D )

US Entry : 2015-04-23

Marriage : 2015-05-09

german_american_flags.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you so much. Now I want your's and few other's approval as bad as I wanted ours! Come on TSC, let's get it done and move on to August by valentine's day.

I pray we get ours soon!!! I actually make myself only check twice a day now on my status (haha).

I know it's just a matter of days and we will hear something.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

I pray we get ours soon!!! I actually make myself only check twice a day now on my status (haha).

I know it's just a matter of days and we will hear something.

I'm the same way: one time in the morning and one time before going to bed. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.