Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I spoke to a Tier 2 representative a few minutes ago who told me that my case has been assigned to an adjudicator (although he couldn't provide me with the exact date it was assigned). He also said to expect a decision in the next 30 days, and to call back if I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone else received similar information? I'm just trying to get an idea of whether he was feeding me a line of BS or telling the truth.

Also, interestingly enough, the Tier 1 representative I spoke to admitted that TSC was "behind" even before I used that word, which was the first time I've heard anyone admit it to me on the phone.

At the risk of giving you false hope I had that conversation - it's older in the thread here and I'm on my phone posting or Id repost - on the day I received the approval. The Tier 2 person said I have to wait. I too was suspicious and then at 8:45 I got the text and email saying our petition was approved. I understand beig cautious because of all the misinformation along the way - hope we hear from you again tonight with good news.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

quick question. I'm trying to sort out all the forms I will need once this is all done. From my end as a petitioner, is it really just the affidavit of support I need to fill out? And which form is that I-864 or I-134. I'm so confused.

Here's another thread that spells it all out beautifully. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/532173-visa-approved-now-what-work/

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

At the risk of giving you false hope I had that conversation - it's older in the thread here and I'm on my phone posting or Id repost - on the day I received the approval. The Tier 2 person said I have to wait. I too was suspicious and then at 8:45 I got the text and email saying our petition was approved. I understand beig cautious because of all the misinformation along the way - hope we hear from you again tonight with good news.

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully that means approval will come soon for me and the rest of us with similar NOA1 dates, but I realize that there's always an element of unpredictability in this whole process.

Timeline

I have never called USCIS but what info do they ask in order to givw information about the cases. Just the receipt number?

You have to be the petitioner, I believe. For Tier 1 (completely useless), they ask receipt number, your name, and sometimes your birthday and name of the beneficiary. For Tier 2, they ask some or all of that plus your address and last four digits of your SSN (at least that's how it was when I called today).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I tried not long after our petition went in just to check on something and was told that the petitioner had to call them and add my name to the file as a person they could give information to, but that was from a Tier 1 and we have never done anything about it this time round so whether that is 100% accurate I don't know. Worth trying if as in our case it is easier for me as beneficiary, to get the time to call them.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Promising news: A couple from Brazil who are NOA1 July 14 got approved yesterday. Hopefully that means they are really going to kick of July soon.

This week might be slow due to the holiday they had on Monday making this a very short workweek. But it looks promising that we might here a lot more good news soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Only one approval reported on VJ last night.... :cry:

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Timeline

About calling, it really helps something? Because I never got the idea of calling, seems so helpless and people just get really frustrated about it. They always give the same information or if not they say something that is not correct. We never called, the only thing we did was writing to our congressman which I don't know if helps or not, because one day before getting our noa2 the congressman assistant called us asking if we heard something from TSC, we said no and he seemed more lost than us. He just said for us keep in touch about any news. The next day we got our noa2, coincidence? Or it really helped? I guess we will never know.

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Timeline

Promising news: A couple from Brazil who are NOA1 July 14 got approved yesterday. Hopefully that means they are really going to kick of July soon.

This week might be slow due to the holiday they had on Monday making this a very short workweek. But it looks promising that we might here a lot more good news soon!

I love holidays but on this case I hate them!

Seems like TSC is approving July filers from beginning to mid July randomly.

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I love holidays but on this case I hate them!

Seems like TSC is approving July filers from beginning to mid July randomly.

Well, I think what matters is, is that they seem to have moved on the July now :)

Timeline

About calling, it really helps something? Because I never got the idea of calling, seems so helpless and people just get really frustrated about it. They always give the same information or if not they say something that is not correct. We never called, the only thing we did was writing to our congressman which I don't know if helps or not, because one day before getting our noa2 the congressman assistant called us asking if we heard something from TSC, we said no and he seemed more lost than us. He just said for us keep in touch about any news. The next day we got our noa2, coincidence? Or it really helped? I guess we will never know.

To be clear, I wasn't calling with the goal of helping my case or making it move along faster. I simply wanted more specific information than what is provided on the website, and that is exactly what I told the Tier 1 rep. I then asked the Tier 2 rep two specific questions: whether all background checks had been completed (he said yes, a long time ago, implying that this happens at the beginning of the process) and whether my case had been assigned to a specific adjudicator (he said yes, but could not provide me with an exact date). Again, I have no way of confirming this, so I have to take his word on it if I choose to believe him.

A lot of people have written about how their congressmen/women have gotten involved and then the NOA2 comes soon after, but I"m not sure this is anything more than a coincidence, since there have been cases of others who have seen no benefit whatsoever from this. I think the general rule should be the same as calling: approach it as trying to get more information, not make things go faster (unless you are outside of processing times or your personal situation has changed and requires an expedite).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, I think what matters is, is that they seem to have moved on the July now :)

I understand that we should keep as positive as possible but this week is half and i'm getting frustrated with the poor TCS's advance (Just 1 case this week :S). In 10 days we all will be over 6 months of waiting... maybe is good to set up expectations for February? :( The best luck for everyone here, wishing we all get our approvals soon to be close to our lovers.

-----Random question!

-> Does any one knows if a case submitted to request a son/daughter over 21yo that was file in the Vermont office can be requested to change to other office? (I have a friend waiting for 2 years his approval from that office, and now that i'm about to hit 6 months i can't imagine his situation and want to try to help him)

Thanks!

James and Jhon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________// 8011269.gif
I-129 Sent - July 23, 2014
NOA-1 - July 28, 2014
NOA-2 - February 3, 2015
NVC Received: --
February 17, 2015
Consulate Received: -- March 02, 2015 (Probably before but we never knew about it lol)
Packet 3&4 Received: -- March 02, 2015
Interview Date: -- March 24, 2015
Interview Results: --
POE: --

s-event.png---------> Go Pirates!z9EfMv2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.