Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've tried and once you fill out the information it tells you that you are still inside the normal processing time

The "normal processing time" expands to fit whatever length of time you've been waiting. USCIS will never accept responsibility for being late in processing petitions.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pretty sure I've exited the realm of extreme anger and just entered a giving up depression realm. We knew this process would be exhausting when we started it, but USCIS isn't making matters any better with their inability to be efficient or balance anything they handle. We are approaching 6 months in two days, and while I see TSC late June and some random July filers being approved it just feels like this is going to be neverending. I am anticipating 7 months now, which makes me sick to my stomach. Random non-Filipino petitions are being approved AFTER our NOA1 date of July 8 while there's tons still waiting. What? USCIS just wants to turn that knife don't they :ranting: Yes, I know some folks get their timelines and service centers and dates wrong.

I'm glad we all have somewhere we can vent though, that helps because otherwise I would drive my fiance insane. We're lucky that we have been handling a LDR for six years (not that we ever wanted to) but we are used to being apart. This adds some strain but we're dealing with it. It's so close yet so far away. This is one of the most aggravating and anger-inducing experiences I'll ever have in my life. Here's hoping January is the month for July filers!

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Timeline

NOA1 July 1st, think we will be luck to even get noa2 in Jan, probably going to be Feb now at earliest. You can't do an online service request until TSC are officially processing July, and officially they are still in May. So it has nothing to do with being over 6 months etc. I'm extremely lucky to be able to visit my fiance this weekend, I consider myself extremely fortunate as I know it is difficult for some people. I can't really afford it but the pressure is so great it's worth every penny/cent!

Good luck to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

OMG...whoever I just spoke with at USCIS...is unbelievable. She was so ridiculous. She kept telling me the Tier 2 officer could not tell me anything more than what she was telling me...BS. (always May 6 being processed) I said to her are you going to transfer me or not? She said only if you demand it. I said then I demand it. Now waiting on a call back.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

NOA1 July 1st, think we will be luck to even get noa2 in Jan, probably going to be Feb now at earliest. You can't do an online service request until TSC are officially processing July, and officially they are still in May. So it has nothing to do with being over 6 months etc. I'm extremely lucky to be able to visit my fiance this weekend, I consider myself extremely fortunate as I know it is difficult for some people. I can't really afford it but the pressure is so great it's worth every penny/cent!

Good luck to all!

Have you checked Igor's list? From there it appears they are processing late June/early July now - so your approval may come sooner than you think. Fingers crossed for you!!

I try and take the May 6th rubbish with a pinch of salt!

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

We called on Monday and talked with a tier 2 officer. He tried to submit an inquiry, but it wouldn't let him because they are backlogged 84 days and still processing some cases from May.

Fiancé was told to try to call again at the end of January. So if its true it will take us 6 months for the NOA2.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Have you checked Igor's list? From there it appears they are processing late June/early July now - so your approval may come sooner than you think. Fingers crossed for you!!

I agree... we know there have been some June and a few July cases that are definitely TSC and not confused Texas Lockbox/calling themselves TSC filers... and they're not all expedites.

Something is going on though and they are not keeping up. They can see that CSC are way ahead... how can they think that is ok?

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Thanks. I gave up checking Igor's list a long long time ago...

Good luck guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks. I gave up checking Igor's list a long long time ago...

Good luck guys

Just curious... Why? It might not be 100% accurate but it is way more accurate than the info we currently get from USCIS,

Timeline

Just curious... Why? It might not be 100% accurate but it is way more accurate than the info we currently get from USCIS,

Agree. It's the only measure we have really.

The September/October numbers are high .... I haven't checked these out individually, so I guess they are either expedites or people that think Dallas Lockbox makes them TSC? Quite a large percentage though...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Agree. It's the only measure we have really.

The September/October numbers are high .... I haven't checked these out individually, so I guess they are either expedites or people that think Dallas Lockbox makes them TSC? Quite a large percentage though...

Yeah you're right. For some reason I haven't noticed it before. I randomly picked 5 people to look where they were from, 4 were from the Philippines and the third had not specified country though I suspect Philippines. So yeah, most of them seem to be expedites.

Timeline

Just hit a new bump on the road. Me and my fiance has come to the conclusion that late May early June is a more realistic time for our wedding then March. So we started thinking of were we can meet while we wait. I visited the US between September and November and he pretty much just got home after 2 weeks here in Sweden.

He was thinking somewhere in Europe but it seems to be too expensive as he just paid a lot to come here. Plan B would be to meet in Canada were we both have friends but I don't know. For some reason flying would take me about 30 hours because of an almost 10 hour stop in Newark. And I don't want to go to Newark. That was my POE when I first came to the states as an Au Pair 3 years ago and it was a horrible experience with an immigration officer who was having a really bad day or just decided to scare the ####### out of me for fun.

Cheapest option is a 35 hour ordeal with a stop in Instanbul... Totally makes sense...

And I don't know if it's too early for me to go back to the states around March or April. At least then 4-5 months have passed since last time. I don't know we'll see. I'm going to Skype with him in about 2 hours.

Timeline

You should hear about your NOA2 before too long though. Surely within a month or so. Then you have 90 days in which to marry following the arrival into the US. Does that work around your situation. I know how difficult it is being apart.and having just said goodbye makes it even tougher.. .

The other weird thing about this is that the closer you get to hearing about your approval, the more difficult that separation is.

The 35 hour ordeal doesn't sound appealing... having said all that, when you've got to be there... you just do whatever it takes.

Edited by Andie

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

You should hear about your NOA2 before too long though. Surely within a month or so. Then you have 90 days in which to marry following the arrival into the US. Does that work around your situation. I know how difficult it is being apart.and having just said goodbye makes it even tougher.. .

The other weird thing about this is that the closer you get to hearing about your approval, the more difficult that separation is.

The 35 hour ordeal doesn't sound appealing... having said all that, when you've got to be there... you just do whatever it takes.

I don't know though. They seem to be still working on late June and I have a feeling it's just a coincident that they started with late July and will soon go over to early July and we won't be hearing anything until February/March and then there's another month before things are finished... And yes, now that you can sense it's pretty much around the corner being apart is way worse and having just said goodbye... Today is the first time since January 4 (the day he left) that getting out of bed didn't take hours because everything felt awful.

I actually found a better option, I just had to abandon my beloved Kayak.com and try a Swedish site for flights. Now I am down to completely acceptable 10 hours and no Newark. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.