Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I want to wish everyone of you a very happy holiday!!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Timeline

Senator Corker's office just called to let me know they are waiting on a response back from USCIS about our case. So I hope to hear something next week!!

event.png

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

NOA-2 -

Timeline

Screw the USCIS! We just bought round trip tickets here for her and we can wait their decision on our OWN TERMS...not theirs.

It is messed up for sure. I wish my fiancé could come here however in Ghana they turn down every young man or woman who applies for a visitors visa. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your fiancé and family.

event.png

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

How can The Holidays one enjoy?

In one's life when there is no joy

We wait and wait and wait and wait

Enjoy the misery the wait creates??

All I want for Holidays is you!!

But NOT until this application gets through!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Bravo

Timeline

So True!!!!!

event.png

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wishing everyone a happy holiday! Hopefully we see July approvals in the coming month.

I had a strong urge to send TSC an open letter, which apparently the Tier 2 agent said I could do.

Dear Texas Service Center,

Thank you for the inability to spend the holidays with my fiance. Your lackadaisical attitude towards the future lives of the petitioners you handle cases for and speak with on the phone everyday is appalling. I hope you enjoy spending the holidays with your loved ones as you refuse to promptly assist in doing your jobs to ensure others have the same opportunity. While California petitioners are now being approved within one month's time and flying in at the last moment to be with their fiance's, I sit here over 3,000 miles away waiting for you to judge my relationship. Our concerns fall on deaf ears as you forge ahead in lying to us about the processing date and, as Christmas neared, seemed to give up entirely on processing petitions. If I did my job as poorly as you do I would have been fired long ago. At least someone is having a Merry Christmas, but I can assure you that is not me.

Sincerely,

Megan

..... I am really really contemplating it.

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand your frustration, but I think you're misattributed several points to TSC in your letter. First, they're not the ones you speak to on the phone "every day." Second, you don't know that they're "refusing to do their jobs" because you don't know what the workload is, how many cases of all petition types are distributed among how many workers, or how time-intensive each kind of petition is for them to evaluate. Third, the fact that they have to "judge your relationship" is part of the K-1 visa process, like it or not. Fourth, you don't know if they've taken the last few days off, because the only information you have about specific cases comes to you secondhand via Igor's List, which has become increasingly inaccurate in recent months thanks to some confused or just plain lazy VJ users. And finally, TSC has nothing to do with CSC's workload, since the decision of how to allocate caseloads comes from higher up than one individual service center.

I think you have to evaluate what good versus what bad could come from sending a letter like that. Best case scenario: someone doesn't read it, or glances at it before throwing it in the garbage and forgetting about it. Maybe you relieve some stress temporarily, but that will wear off quickly because you still won't have your NOA2. Worst case scenario: your case takes even longer because someone takes offense and wants to make a point to you. This shouldn't happen, since you should be able to express your opinions and frustrations, but we're talking about real people with real feelings and real egos to protect.

Edited by sma1488

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand your frustration, but I think you're misattributed several points to TSC in your letter. First, they're not the ones you speak to on the phone "every day." Second, you don't know that they're "refusing to do their jobs" because you don't know what the workload is, how many cases of all petition types are distributed among how many workers, or how time-intensive each kind of petition is for them to evaluate. Third, the fact that they have to "judge your relationship" is part of the K-1 visa process, like it or not. Fourth, you don't know if they've taken the last few days off, because the only information you have about specific cases comes to you secondhand via Igor's List, which has become increasingly inaccurate in recent months thanks to some confused or just plain lazy VJ users. And finally, TSC has nothing to do with CSC's workload, since the decision of how to allocate caseloads comes from higher up than one individual service center.

I think you have to evaluate what good versus what bad could come from sending a letter like that. Best case scenario: someone doesn't read it, or glances at it before throwing it in the garbage and forgetting about it. Maybe you relieve some stress temporarily, but that will wear off quickly because you still won't have your NOA2. Worst case scenario: your case takes even longer because someone takes offense and wants to make a point to you. This shouldn't happen, since you should be able to express your opinions and frustrations, but we're talking about real people with real feelings and real egos to protect.

It's obvious I wouldn't send them a letter with that much vitriol in it because I'd be afraid that they would take offense and take even longer to approve our case. The information I have so far about days that TSC will be in the office comes from a Tier 2 agent who was nice enough to open an inquiry for us without giving us the "May 6" date runaround from the website. We are still in the process of waiting for a response to that inquiry which was opened on the 17th - it was assigned to an officer finally on December 22 for a response.

I was using many of the statements as a "collective". The letter (if I ever even intended to send it) would have been addresses to the Director of the center, who most certainly has some say in if petitioners are able to be transferred. Definitely moreso than the Tier 1 and 2 agents. I fully believe the higher ups are refusing to do their jobs, and I understand they have no control over CSC's workload, but they do have the ability to try and even out the processing times. The system overall needs an overhaul and I think much of the issues come down to the fact that it is assigned to service center by state, rather than actual petition workload.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

*raises hand*

Another July filer at the turtle service center. Will add to my signature when I can. USCIS says they accepted my application July 3 (they emailed a confirmation July 9). I've been patiently waiting. Checking the website regularly the last 2 weeks (both USCIS and here). Hoping for some good news. Case says last updated December 9.

I was really hoping to have finished the entire the process by the end of January, but that doesn't seem likely right now. Hopefully when I get the NOA2 the NVC/Consulate process is quicker.

Question. In the meanwhile, is it possible for my fiancé to get her medical done? I'll have her obtain the police certificate soon, and I'm checking to see what other documents may be needed for the other applications that will be filed when we get to the consular stage (like a detailed birth certificate etc.)

Happy Holidays fellow VJ'ers

I-129F @ TSC

Received - 7/3/14

NOA1 - 7/8/14

Update - 12/9/14

NOA2 - 1/26/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well the 'turtle service center' gave me a bit of a giggle.. what with Xmas and New Year and everyone else being so happy its a bit of a struggle to even crack a smile. Sounds like you're not far off hearing something from them. Your profile doesn't say which embassy your fiancee is going through but some allow you to get it done up till 12 months prior. I know ours does but I don't really want to face all that business until we at least get our NOA2, and ours only needs booking about a week ahead anyway. Yes also about the NVC process.. TSC is much quicker than CSC filers.

Check the embassy info for any details that maybe mentioned (see Embassy info top of page) The more complete your profile is, the easier it is to respond but I'm sure you'll get to that. Hopefully you're in for some good news soon. There has been some mention of them speeding up in January so let's hope that is all true.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thanks for the reply and the tips! I'll check out the embassy page and get some more details on my profile lol.

I-129F @ TSC

Received - 7/3/14

NOA1 - 7/8/14

Update - 12/9/14

NOA2 - 1/26/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I don't think texas will change a bit on its speed. The people answering the phones just read what I can read on my home computer only. The officers just want to hang up the phone quick with some reason.

Nothing changes

:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.