J&D_anon

December filers....

858 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a thing here.

Wondering if there's anyone else who's still waiting and has no idea when they may get an interview.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
THANKS KAROLINE!!

WE DID IT WOO HOO!!! Visa to be picked up on Tuesday afternoon he has a flight into SFO for POE at midnight!

Another December filer in the bag...for those remaining best best best of luck! at some point when my feet touch the ground i will post more.

Kang Lang, Yay!!!!! Really glad to hear it. :D Yes, it is such the most wonderful feeling to know that you're approved and no more worrying is necessary and soon you'll be together forever. Ahhh, if this process doesn't make us hopeless romantics, I don't know what will. ;)

To Tinker, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still waiting to get an interview date. Hang in there. Maybe the USC could contact a representative to see if they can help speed things along? Or have you already tried that? Good luck and stay strong!

Best wishes,

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

Timeline

Hey guys,

finally some news from me. It's been a while huh?! Our computer broke down (still is) but thanks PS3 I am able to write a few lines :)

Anyways, we will get married the common saturday!!!! :D I am so excited and happy, that I can't put it in words! I even have my SS#. When we got back from Minnesota (4th of july vacation), I had it in mail. WOHOOOO. Today will my babe print out the AOS papers, so I can pre-write them and he can type it online afterwards! And then soon we wont have to worry about USCIS for 2!!!! years. That sounds GREAT, doesn't it?!?! :D :thumbs :D

@Karoline You filed for the AOS already, right? So let me double check, if we have everything: 2 pictures, NOA2, marriage certificate, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-864 and the I-94. Did you put the I-94 out of his passport and send it, or did you send them a copy of it? Is no passport copy required? The form for the vaccination (I-693, I think), did YOU print that out and took it to the doc, or did the doc have that paper?

Diana

Timeline

@ Mae How are things with you? Enjoying the time with your sweetheart hmm?! I bet you do!!!! I still can't believe it, that I am finally here. It is just great to see him every day coming home! It's already over a month now...geesh time flys by so fast :)

I am so happy for you, girl!!!

@all I wish those, who didn't have the interview yet all the best, that it's coming soon and that it will be as smooth as mine. To the ones that are already with their loved ones: ENJOY YOUR TIME and a GREAT WEDDING!!!!!

Diana

Timeline
@Karoline You filed for the AOS already, right? So let me double check, if we have everything: 2 pictures, NOA2, marriage certificate, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-864 and the I-94. Did you put the I-94 out of his passport and send it, or did you send them a copy of it? Is no passport copy required? The form for the vaccination (I-693, I think), did YOU print that out and took it to the doc, or did the doc have that paper?

Diana

So great to hear from you Diana. I was actually thinking about you earlier today. I miss our little December filers family. :P Yes, our AOS is pending now. We just got our Biometrics Appointment for 08.02.07. It was pretty fast to get that. I can't check our status in the USCIS website, but I guess it is okay since we already have the biometrics I know they are working on our case. Maybe it's better to not be able to check so I don't go cuckoo like waiting for NOA2. :P Although, it is soooooooo much better now that we are together and I don't care too much how long it takes except maybe for the work authorization.

Anyways, to answer your questions. You listed everything that you need, but for the I-693 you only need I-693A (the vaccination supplement to I693). The full I-693 is the full medical exam, and since you had one done in the last year for the K1 they don't require that you do another. But they do require that your vaccination records are transcribed to the I693A. I printed out the I693A and we brought it to the doctor, but I'm not sure if they used our copy or their own. I just wanted to make sure to have a copy just in case. When I called the civil surgeon's office, I explained that Paul only needed the vaccination supplement and not a full medical, but I had to explain that again at the appointment.

For the I-94, make a copy of it front and back, send the copy, don't send the original! You do need a copy of your passport photo & information page and a copy of the page with your K1 visa. Paul and I also copied any page with an entry stamp too, but that probably wasn't necessary.

And finally, just remember that John has to send in proof with the I864. A copy of his most recent tax return including copies of the W2s (he can also send the prior 2 years tax returns and a letter from employer stating salary but the form states that is optional and you only have to send that if you think it will help support your income levels).

I think that's it and you'll be good to go.

Best best wishes! And have an absolutely wonderful wedding!!!

:D

Karoline

Hi everybody,

just want to say we are still alive. We have been busy with our wedding. Today we prepared some papers for the AOS. I will study for the drivers liscence now - I have to take the written and the driver test again :crying:

Diana and John: I wish you a wonderfull wedding on saturday. Enjoy the day. I have to smile when I read that everybody is planning your wedding - that was the same with our wedding here.

Tinker: I can't believe it takes so long to get an interview. I hope you are lucky and get an appointment this week.

Best wishes

Karin

Timeline
Hi everybody,

just want to say we are still alive. We have been busy with our wedding. Today we prepared some papers for the AOS. I will study for the drivers liscence now - I have to take the written and the driver test again :crying:

Diana and John: I wish you a wonderfull wedding on saturday. Enjoy the day. I have to smile when I read that everybody is planning your wedding - that was the same with our wedding here.

Tinker: I can't believe it takes so long to get an interview. I hope you are lucky and get an appointment this week.

Best wishes

Karin

Karin,

So nice to hear that you and Otto are doing well! I'm sure the driving test here in Texas will be much easier than the one in Germany, so I'm sure you'll do just fine. Congratulations on your wedding!

:D

Karoline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Diane- Have a wonderful wedding day Saturday!!! ^_^

We are still alive and well and MARRIED as of the 30th of June!!! we are mailing the AOS and EAD paperwork in next week! WOOHOO

Congrats to all who are in married or in the states!!!

Patience to all who are still waiting your day will come

Blessings Elizabeth

(Texas)Elizabeth y Mauricio(Nicaragua)

~I refuse to give COINCIDENCE glory for anything that God does in my life. -Alicia ~

K1:

Dec-23-06: Elizabeth mails 129f to TSC

Jan-03-07: NOA1 snail mail from CSC

Mar-29-07: NOA2!!!

May-07-07: Mauricio picks up Packet 3 at Embassy in Managua

May-21-07: interview-Paper missing :(

May-29-07: at embassy again with missing paper - APPROVED!!!

Jun-01-07: pick up visa at embassy

Jun-03-07: ARRIVED HOME WITH MY BABY AT LAST!!!

Jun-30-07: wedding

AOS & EAD:

Jul-27-07: mailed AOS & EAD, USPS nextday

Jul-28-07: received at Chicago lockbox

Sep-04-07: NOAs received by mail

Sep-27-07: RFE- need a co-sponser :(

Sep-28-07: Biometric Appointment

Oct-17-07: Card production ordered!

Oct-29-07: received EAD card in mail!

Feb-14-08: AOS approved

Apr-23-08: Green Card received!!!

.png

Hello all! Just dropping by to say that my life is never been better since I got here in US with my sweetheart. Too busy with the upcoming wedding this coming Saturday. Don't worry, I'll post my wedding pictures right away. It's good to be here although the adjustments to make were pretty hard. I had trouble getting rid of the jetlag in my system but after a week, I was doing so much better. David and I are getting along well. He's been introducing me to everybody and then on Friday, most of his relatives are coming down for our wedding so there's going to be a quite reunion. So far, I've been getting good comments among his friends and relatives that I have met when we celebrated 4th of July in Arkansas. They're all nice and they made me feel welcome.

I got homesick last Friday and cried a river in the church. We go to mass everyday. Kakatuwa nga kase their mass here is the same with ours (only it's in English) so I'm not really at a loss. I haven't really explored a lot since we're always busy for the wedding. I am also staying with a Filipino couple during the night until we got married. It's hard but they're nice naman and they treat like their own daughter. On my wedding day, since I don't have a relative here, they will stand as my parents and be the one who will walk with me on the aisle and give me away. It's so sad because I really wish I could have my own family and friends here. Hopefully, everything will turn out great on that special day. It's just a small ceremony but solemn, warm and sincere. What matters most is David and I get married.

After the wedding, I won't be able to relax (for real) since I will be working on some paperwork... AOS, ugh! Hopefully it won't be too bad. Once we have filed it, only then that we can really enjoy each other.

Anyway, this will be all for now. Just popping in and out

@ all

Thanks for all the well wishes and may we all have happy marriage lives! Here's to us! :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So nice to read trough a thread like this and see everyone achieving their goal. Sigh! HAHA I will be there soon too.

Cheer everyone!

:):):):):):)

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

Timeline

Hey guys,

WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

I am finally Mrs. Sanders :dance::dance: , that is such a great feeling.

We had a really beautiful wedding at the park and all his coworkers helped us with organizing the party! A lot of people said, that this was the best wedding they have been to so far, because it was more like a big BBQ, instead of such a formal wedding.

Now we will wait for the marriage certificate from the courthouse and then we will send out the AOS. I hope it will make it in time, or we will have to pay $1.000 for the AOS. That would be more than just shitty :(

We have everything gathered so far, so we can send it out right away as soon as we get the cert.

Keep your fingers crossed, that they do it FAAAAAAAAAST

Hope everybody has a good week!

Diana

Edited by John&Diana

well mrs. sanders,

let me be the first vj-er to congratulate you both. that's wonderful news. so happy for you. i do hope you guys get your marriage cert in time to avoid the ridiculous fee hike! guess most of us december filers are married or soon to be. i hope for the next few weeks we don't see much of you around here since you will enjoy being a new mrs. :dance:

we have done nothing in the way of planning since we were too scared that our hopes would be dashed. so now we are getting into high gear! i worry about getting it all done. thankfully we just want a small small wedding.

BEST TO YOU BOTH AND CONGRATS AGAIN!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Hello Diana and John,

let us be the second vj-er to congratulate to your wedding. I assume we will see you in the AOS July filers pretty soon. Otto and I are gathering all the papers together and hopefully we will send them on thursday.

Hello Mae and David

we wish you a nice wedding on saturday and of course a lot of sunshine. I know it is sad that your familly won't be there, but it is very nice that you have this couple instead. My family couldn not come either, but at least my aunt from New York was here.

Best wishes

Karin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Let me start off positive by saying congrats on your visa approval Lin! Also, congrats to John&Diana, Karin&Otto, and David-Mae on your nuptials! :dance:

Now to update you on our case. As you know, my fiance had his interview on June 21st and we were placed on AP. Our calls and e-mails to the DOS and the Dakar embassy had only netted generic responses, which contacted me to contact my senator's office on July 5th. His immigration constituent said she would mail me a Privacy Act Release form. I finally received the form in the mail on July 12th and faxed it back the next day. My fiance and I received an e-mail from the embassy stating the following:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

During the interview stage of the immigrant visa process, consular officers have to review approved petitions to confirm that the requisite family relationship, on which the petition is based, still exists.

Unfortunately, you could not provide any convincing evidence of your relationship with the petitioner, and could not answer basic questions regarding the relationship. As a result the consular officer has scheduled you for a more in-depth interview on October 16, 2007 at 2 PM. Please bring all evidence of yours relationship to the petitioner and all previous passports.

Sincerely,

Eligibility Review Unit. (MS).

What a load of bullshovic!!!!! :angry: My fiance answered all of the interviewers questions and we provided several photos (including one taken while he was on his knee proposing with the ring in his hand), e-mails, shipping receipts, letters, my phone records (he wasn't able to get his), and greeting cards. My fiance said the interviewer browsed through our relationship evidence, but returned everything to him after the interview. How the he|| can the Eligibility Review Unit make a decision about the validity of our relationship without the evidence in front of them!! I included all of this info in my letter to the senator.

Needless to say, I've been very angry and depressed about this whole thing. I've been slowly getting better. I refuse to let this situation take away my sanity or break my spirit. My fiance and I are committed to being together. I pray that this will be resolved very soon so we can start our lives together here under one roof as husband and wife.

Shanon :innocent:

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Let me start off positive by saying congrats on your visa approval Lin! Also, congrats to John&Diana, Karin&Otto, and David-Mae on your nuptials! :dance:

Now to update you on our case. As you know, my fiance had his interview on June 21st and we were placed on AP. Our calls and e-mails to the DOS and the Dakar embassy had only netted generic responses, which contacted me to contact my senator's office on July 5th. His immigration constituent said she would mail me a Privacy Act Release form. I finally received the form in the mail on July 12th and faxed it back the next day. My fiance and I received an e-mail from the embassy stating the following:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

During the interview stage of the immigrant visa process, consular officers have to review approved petitions to confirm that the requisite family relationship, on which the petition is based, still exists.

Unfortunately, you could not provide any convincing evidence of your relationship with the petitioner, and could not answer basic questions regarding the relationship. As a result the consular officer has scheduled you for a more in-depth interview on October 16, 2007 at 2 PM. Please bring all evidence of yours relationship to the petitioner and all previous passports.

Sincerely,

Eligibility Review Unit. (MS).

What a load of bullshovic!!!!! :angry: My fiance answered all of the interviewers questions and we provided several photos (including one taken while he was on his knee proposing with the ring in his hand), e-mails, shipping receipts, letters, my phone records (he wasn't able to get his), and greeting cards. My fiance said the interviewer browsed through our relationship evidence, but returned everything to him after the interview. How the he|| can the Eligibility Review Unit make a decision about the validity of our relationship without the evidence in front of them!! I included all of this info in my letter to the senator.

Needless to say, I've been very angry and depressed about this whole thing. I've been slowly getting better. I refuse to let this situation take away my sanity or break my spirit. My fiance and I are committed to being together. I pray that this will be resolved very soon so we can start our lives together here under one roof as husband and wife.

Shanon :innocent:

Shanon,

I am so sorry to hear that, this is really not right and fair, especially that you have to wait sooooooooooooo much longer for the next interview!!!

That's sad and I hope that there will be another solution, but I actually kinda doubt that. It's almost a year for you then...that's rediculous :angry:

I wish you all the best!!

@Mae I hope you will have a beautiful wedding...is there a honeymoon planned? I was sad too, that no part of my family was able to make it, but I got married to my HUSBAND :D so after he said: 'I do' I had a family member right next to me :dance::dance:

@Karin Yeah, I hope, that we will count to the July filers soon. We will just have to wait until we'll get the marriage certificate, so we can send it out. We have the whole AOS package together, I even got the vaccination sheet transfered for just 25 bucks :thumbs: ....so it all depends on the marriage cert :( I will call and find out, if they can give us something upfront, so we can send it out!

Diana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.