J&D_anon

December filers....

858 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Hey Diana, I feel you. Our petition was also approved on March 28, and as of April 13, the NVC still hasn't received our case. At least that's what they said. I'm sure it's arrived at their facility. The USPS isn't that slow. I just think they haven't had a chance to open ours yet.

*sigh* I just keep praying and trying to keep the faith that this process will come to a successful end, and soon! :innocent:

I'm glad to see one of our fellow December filers get their visa. Congratulations again Karin and Otto! You give us hope!

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Visa Approved!

Details To Follow... (It's gonna be a good day for all of us)

e51f8962.gif<---Karin

Congrats!!

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
Visa Approved!

e51f8962.gif<---Karin

:dance:CONGRATS KARIN AND OTTO! : :dance:

*AOS Timeline*

01-03-08 - Arrived in the States on K1

01-28-08 - Got married! :) And applied for SSN in married name

02-04-08 - Received SSN

02-08-08 - Sent AOS package off

02-20-08 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox after 12 days!! :( stupid USPS

02-26-08 - NOAs for I-485 and I-765

02-27-08 - Check cashed

03-14-08 - AOS Transfer notice to CSC

03-21-08 - Sent AP (I-131) package off

03-26-08 - Biometrics complete! AOS and AP show up online

04-04-08 - AOS last touched

04-11-08 - NOA for I-131

04-23-08 - EAD card production ordered!

04-24-08 - AP approved!

05-02-08 - AP recieved

07-03-08 - AOS APPROVED!! Card production ordered! Yay!!

07-11-08 - Greencard received!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Visa Approved!

e51f8962.gif<---Karin

:dance:CONGRATS KARIN AND OTTO! : :dance:

Times 2...I wish you two the best of luck.

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
Hey I was just wondering if anybody who received their NOA2 on the 29th of March has heard from the NVC yet?

Congrats to all those Decembers who have their NOA2, interview date or visa!!!

No, we haven't :(

we got approved at the 28th and they didn't receive our case yet. Are you hanging in Nirvana too???

It is soo frustrating and I just feel like crying. AFter the NOA2 it was supposed to go soo much faster...but BS....not for us!

Diana

Hey Diane , that's about how I feel in fact Friday I did cry. My fiance ask me everyday have I heard anything yet and all I can tell him is not yet baby keep praying. It's so frustrating anyway keep us updated.

(Texas)Elizabeth y Mauricio(Nicaragua)

~I refuse to give COINCIDENCE glory for anything that God does in my life. -Alicia ~

K1:

Dec-23-06: Elizabeth mails 129f to TSC

Jan-03-07: NOA1 snail mail from CSC

Mar-29-07: NOA2!!!

May-07-07: Mauricio picks up Packet 3 at Embassy in Managua

May-21-07: interview-Paper missing :(

May-29-07: at embassy again with missing paper - APPROVED!!!

Jun-01-07: pick up visa at embassy

Jun-03-07: ARRIVED HOME WITH MY BABY AT LAST!!!

Jun-30-07: wedding

AOS & EAD:

Jul-27-07: mailed AOS & EAD, USPS nextday

Jul-28-07: received at Chicago lockbox

Sep-04-07: NOAs received by mail

Sep-27-07: RFE- need a co-sponser :(

Sep-28-07: Biometric Appointment

Oct-17-07: Card production ordered!

Oct-29-07: received EAD card in mail!

Feb-14-08: AOS approved

Apr-23-08: Green Card received!!!

.png

This is TracyTN posting (under my fiance's screen name - sorry, too bone idle to log out and back in . :lol:

Anyway, are you guys noticing that you folks whose cases aren't getting to NVC were all approved around the same time (3/28 and 3/29)? Wonder if that days' post got lost or something?

I'd be inclined to let an elected official know and see if they can chase anything up. Give them the three of your case numbers and the dates of NOA2 and that you find it odd that all three of you are 'lost'. Perhaps said elected official could only 'officially' make an inquiry on the caller's particular case (as in is it stuck in some other 'review' after the NOA2 or what?), but I think you might have more of a leg to stand on if you had 'proof' of other lost cases.

Just an idea. I know I'd be considering it if we were stuck there.

I'm going to post this in the NVC thread too - but wasn't sure which thread you all would check first (so don't slam me for a double post :P

Edited by Gone

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
This is TracyTN posting (under my fiance's screen name - sorry, too bone idle to log out and back in . :lol:

Anyway, are you guys noticing that you folks whose cases aren't getting to NVC were all approved around the same time (3/28 and 3/29)? Wonder if that days' post got lost or something?

I'd be inclined to let an elected official know and see if they can chase anything up. Give them the three of your case numbers and the dates of NOA2 and that you find it odd that all three of you are 'lost'. Perhaps said elected official could only 'officially' make an inquiry on the caller's particular case (as in is it stuck in some other 'review' after the NOA2 or what?), but I think you might have more of a leg to stand on if you had 'proof' of other lost cases.

I'm going to post this in the NVC thread too - but wasn't sure which thread you all would check first (so don't slam me for a double post :P

I am all for this if we haven't heard anything by Wednesday...just don't know how to go about it

(Texas)Elizabeth y Mauricio(Nicaragua)

~I refuse to give COINCIDENCE glory for anything that God does in my life. -Alicia ~

K1:

Dec-23-06: Elizabeth mails 129f to TSC

Jan-03-07: NOA1 snail mail from CSC

Mar-29-07: NOA2!!!

May-07-07: Mauricio picks up Packet 3 at Embassy in Managua

May-21-07: interview-Paper missing :(

May-29-07: at embassy again with missing paper - APPROVED!!!

Jun-01-07: pick up visa at embassy

Jun-03-07: ARRIVED HOME WITH MY BABY AT LAST!!!

Jun-30-07: wedding

AOS & EAD:

Jul-27-07: mailed AOS & EAD, USPS nextday

Jul-28-07: received at Chicago lockbox

Sep-04-07: NOAs received by mail

Sep-27-07: RFE- need a co-sponser :(

Sep-28-07: Biometric Appointment

Oct-17-07: Card production ordered!

Oct-29-07: received EAD card in mail!

Feb-14-08: AOS approved

Apr-23-08: Green Card received!!!

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am all for this if we haven't heard anything by Wednesday...just don't know how to go about it

We are all for this too, but John and I decided to wait until friday, before we start doing anything. We give them a 'chance', I guess! Or we just know, that the sh!tty standard answer will lead them to do nothing, until at least 4 weeks are over :(

It just HAS to get there this week, seems like all of our plans are falling apart and I oh so don't like the feeling of being unable to control my life on my own. It's ruled by the government; a random person, that probably, actually OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about what happens to us. SOOOO SAD!!!

Diana

Edited by John&Diana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dave and I got our visa interview for May 17th! The letter came in the mail today!!

We also got the application forms for our new apartment! (for when we move back to the states in mid June!) Today is exciting so far!!!!

Hopefully this means good news for everyone else as well!!!! :yes:

Timeline
Dave and I got our visa interview for May 17th! The letter came in the mail today!!

We also got the application forms for our new apartment! (for when we move back to the states in mid June!) Today is exciting so far!!!!

Congrats! At least someone has an exciting may 17th :(

May 17th was MY exciting day so far, but I x'ed it out of my mind, that I will be there for my birthday....it would be a miracle, if that would happen....and I doubt it A LOT :(

Diana

Congratulations guys! Well, it seems like I'm the only one who got approved 2/27-2/28 who still haven't heard from my consulate about my schedules (at least here in our December thread). Karin and Otto got their visa, now you guys got your interview date... hopefully I'm next to hear some good news.

@Diana,

Don't lose hope yet... We'll all hope that things will work out for you.

@Tracy,

Hey girl, have a wonderful time with your sweetheart!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I called the NVC this morning at approx 7:40 am EST and the rep said they received our case on Apr 16!!! That was yesterday!!! :D:yes::dance: She also gave me our case number. I asked approx how long does it take the NVC to process the petition, and she stated about a week. Now, you know they always give an inflated timeframe, so maybe our case could be shipped by the end of this week! When I got off the phone, I was so happy and relieved I began to weep tears of joy. I called my fiance and he was also happy.

To John&Diana, Eli_y_Mauri, and the other couples who were approved on or about Mar 28: the NVC must have received your petitions too!! :thumbs: The USC should call them today to find out. I pray they've been received. Things are looking up again! I'm going to post this to the "Waiting for NVC" forum as well.

Also, on a very sad note. Please say a prayer (if you pray) for the families and community of Virginia Tech. I'm sure everyone has heard about this heinous act. I haven't been able to bring myself to read or watch the full details. It's just too horrific. I almost feel a little guilty for the joy I feel regarding our good news this morning. I tell you, there's always someone with problems far worse than your own. Take care VJ friends.

Shanon

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Yay for Marina & Dave!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Has that police cert come in yet? You should have plenty of time to get it in now even if it hasn't come in :D And....you have plenty of time to make it back to the US for your wedding date!!!! So very very happy for you!

:D

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.