J&D_anon

December filers....

858 posts in this topic

very very very soooooooooooooooooooon for us.

good to hear. we are one of the december filers too...just wanna check whether we have to send back packet 4 to embassy or just bring it with us during med exam and to interview? you guys have an idea? need help .... :help:

thank you :yes:

Phils_Gurl,

If you mean Packet 3 (the first thing you get from the Embassy) - some/most gets sent back to the embassy, and the rest if brought to the interview. (Depends on the embassy sometimes.)

For some Packet 4 is only the interview date letter - others there may be additional forms - to be certain, check the Embassy Review section and/or maybe the Regional Topics forum.

~Otto :thumbs:

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone know why the NVC was closed yesterday (04/05/07)? I called to see if they had received our NOA2 and the automated message said they were closed. It didn't give a reason.

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

Timeline
I know there was bad weather up that way this week. Maybe that's why?

Thanks. I thought maybe government offices were taking Thursday & Friday off for Easter or something.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Hello December filers,

I just wanted to drop a line to say Happy belated Easter. I hope everyone had a blessed day. I pray we're reunited with our loved ones very soon.

Take care,

Shanon (F)

Filed: Timeline

First of all I want to congratulate to everyone who already got their case approved. I am a December filer and I am still waiting the case to be approved. I tried to call USCIS 1-800 line today and the officer told me they are process the case filed last September. I know it is not true, because many of you have got your cases approved. I am very frustrated at this point. :wacko::angry: Should I contact my Senator's office? Can they help at all? Is it still too early to contact my Senator? Or is there anything I can do?

thank you and have a nice day,

Jack

NOA 1 RECEIVED: 12/26/06

touched: 1/4/07

NOA 2 RECEIVED: 4/10/07

NVC RECEIVED: 4/23/07

PACKAGE 3: ?

PACKAGE 4: ?

INTERVIEW: ?

VISA: ?

First of all I want to congratulate to everyone who already got their case approved. I am a December filer and I am still waiting the case to be approved. I tried to call USCIS 1-800 line today and the officer told me they are process the case filed last September. I know it is not true, because many of you have got your cases approved. I am very frustrated at this point. :wacko::angry: Should I contact my Senator's office? Can they help at all? Is it still too early to contact my Senator? Or is there anything I can do?

thank you and have a nice day,

Jack

Jack

First (and many will ask too) fill in your timeline please - it not only helps people address your questions/concernes but also becomes part of the overall statistics of the VJ group. :thumbs:

I did a quick search of time-lines on here and found a couple similar to yours - on in particular only days ago received their NOA2 so you may not be in terrible trouble... (Am going out on a limb by assuming you filed your petition at any place BUT Vermont.)

Of course USCIS will give you the standard answer that they did - they really don't have much else to tell you.

Couple of things I would do were I you...and if you haven't done some already..

Fill in your time-line here on VJ - take a look at your Possible Date Your Case Will Be Adjudicated by.. this will give you a better understanding of how far off you are as opposed to others.

Secondly - go to the USCIS website - register your petition so you can view your case - at least know if it's being touched..not that touches really mean a whole lot, but might be comforting...

Lastly - be patient...you're going to be OK - we're her to help each other as best we can...

p.s.

No, I wouldn't be calling a senator at this point..

Don't be shy to ask for help... we all did..

~Otto

Ditto what Otto said. I'm afraid its a bit too early to contact your representative.

This is why the VJ timelines should only be taken as a ROUGH guesstimate. Too many fall between the cracks to call it anything but that. And we all know by now that 'first come first serve' stuff is major BS.

SA4userbar.jpg

Jack

First (and many will ask too) fill in your timeline please - it not only helps people address your questions/concernes but also becomes part of the overall statistics of the VJ group. :thumbs:

I did a quick search of time-lines on here and found a couple similar to yours - on in particular only days ago received their NOA2 so you may not be in terrible trouble... (Am going out on a limb by assuming you filed your petition at any place BUT Vermont.)

Of course USCIS will give you the standard answer that they did - they really don't have much else to tell you.

Couple of things I would do were I you...and if you haven't done some already..

Fill in your time-line here on VJ - take a look at your Possible Date Your Case Will Be Adjudicated by.. this will give you a better understanding of how far off you are as opposed to others.

Secondly - go to the USCIS website - register your petition so you can view your case - at least know if it's being touched..not that touches really mean a whole lot, but might be comforting...

Lastly - be patient...you're going to be OK - we're her to help each other as best we can...

p.s.

No, I wouldn't be calling a senator at this point..

Don't be shy to ask for help... we all did..

~Otto

Otto:

thank you for your information. I just added my timeline and I hope my information can help the others. Yes, my petition is processed at CSC and I know it is very SLOW in CSC. I did register my case on USCIS website and I go and check the status at lease once a week. As you can see from my signature, my file is touched on 1/4/07 and nothing since then. Well, I guess there is nothing that I can do but waiting at this point.

Regards,

Jack

Ditto what Otto said. I'm afraid its a bit too early to contact your representative.

This is why the VJ timelines should only be taken as a ROUGH guesstimate. Too many fall between the cracks to call it anything but that. And we all know by now that 'first come first serve' stuff is major BS.

Tracy:

Thank you for your reply. I went through a tough time dealing with USCIS during my citizenship journey last year. Therefore, I don't really believe what even they told me over 1-800 line.

Jack

Right on Jack. Unfortunately, you learned the lessons with the 800 number the hard way...! :blink: They're basically there to reinforce the BS timelines published on USCIS' website, and to tell you what you already know (that your case is pending).

Beyond that - they're about as much use as a fart in a windtunnel.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just a few little ramblings...

Karin & Otto, I'm so excited for you guys. 3 days until your interview! :D I view your interview as a little preview to Paul's in a couple of weeks :) I even think I'm nervous for you! So, you have to let us all know how it goes!!!

So, lately I am just a mix of emotions... Some days I miss him so much that it just overwhelms me. On those days, it almost hurts worse to talk to him because hearing his voice just makes me close my eyes and imagine that he is right there beside me, and when I open them and he is not...sigh... But the last couple of days, I have just been so happy and ecstatic, knowing that the waiting is almost over. Our wedding rings came in over the weekend. It was so exciting, even though I'm not allowed to wear mine yet (sometimes I sneak and wear it at home when nobody is there) :P I keep them on my bedside table and they are the first thing I see in the morning. And in less than 2 months they will be on our fingers, and he will be my husband! Wow :D I can't wait. Oh, but I have to :P

Anyways, I wanted to thank everybody on VJ again. It is so comforting to know that others are going through the same things that we are.

Okay, my rambling is done :P

--Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

Timeline
Just a few little ramblings...

Karin & Otto, I'm so excited for you guys. 3 days until your interview! :D I view your interview as a little preview to Paul's in a couple of weeks :) I even think I'm nervous for you! So, you have to let us all know how it goes!!!

So, lately I am just a mix of emotions... Some days I miss him so much that it just overwhelms me. On those days, it almost hurts worse to talk to him because hearing his voice just makes me close my eyes and imagine that he is right there beside me, and when I open them and he is not...sigh... But the last couple of days, I have just been so happy and ecstatic, knowing that the waiting is almost over. Our wedding rings came in over the weekend. It was so exciting, even though I'm not allowed to wear mine yet (sometimes I sneak and wear it at home when nobody is there) :P I keep them on my bedside table and they are the first thing I see in the morning. And in less than 2 months they will be on our fingers, and he will be my husband! Wow :D I can't wait. Oh, but I have to :P

Anyways, I wanted to thank everybody on VJ again. It is so comforting to know that others are going through the same things that we are.

Okay, my rambling is done :P

--Karoline

Awwwwww, I know how you feel :(

It is soooooo damn hard for me to not be with John! Every day I hope to hear anything from our case. But NVC didn't receive it yet and it SUCKS. I want to get my package 3, I want to get my interview date, so I finally can start planning.

I just want to be in his arms and kiss him and look in his eyes...*sigh*

Geesh, just thinking about that, gives me watery eyes :(

I miss him like crazy and sometimes I am not sure, if he really knows how much. I keep saying it...but it's just words...

I am happy for Otto and Karin too. I am also excited about their interview apointment and about yours too Karoline.

I still hope a bit, that I will get there before my birthday...but this hopes shrinks day by day :(

But as long as we will hear from them this week, I will be fine and stop complaining....lol

Alright....done rambling too :)

Diana

Take a look at my Blackula hehehe

Edited by John&Diana

Timeline
Awwwwww, I know how you feel :(

It is soooooo damn hard for me to not be with John! Every day I hope to hear anything from our case. But NVC didn't receive it yet and it SUCKS. I want to get my package 3, I want to get my interview date, so I finally can start planning.

I just want to be in his arms and kiss him and look in his eyes...*sigh*

Geesh, just thinking about that, gives me watery eyes :(

I miss him like crazy and sometimes I am not sure, if he really knows how much. I keep saying it...but it's just words...

I am happy for Otto and Karin too. I am also excited about their interview apointment and about yours too Karoline.

I still hope a bit, that I will get there before my birthday...but this hopes shrinks day by day :(

But as long as we will hear from them this week, I will be fine and stop complaining....lol

Alright....done rambling too :)

Diana

Take a look at my Blackula hehehe

Big hugs, Diana!!! I know it is so hard. When is your birthday? I hope very much that you will get to be with your love on your birthday. I know that will make everything okay again. And I also know this time apart is just making us realize how much we love each other and how hard we are willing to fight to be together. In some ways, I think that we are lucky that we all get to begin our marriages this way, already overcoming such a difficult hurdle. It seems that it will make the other problems that come up seem so much smaller and we will know we can get through them all. You will make it through, too, Diana, and before you know it you will have your interview date and then you will be in John's arms. But here is one more hug for you in the meantime :)

Oh and I love that photo of your "Blackula", sooo cute :D I also love the photo where you are standing in front of him. You guys make such a great couple (F)

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.