J&D_anon

December filers....

858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
:thumbs: CONGRATS :thumbs:

(Texas)Elizabeth y Mauricio(Nicaragua)

~I refuse to give COINCIDENCE glory for anything that God does in my life. -Alicia ~

K1:

Dec-23-06: Elizabeth mails 129f to TSC

Jan-03-07: NOA1 snail mail from CSC

Mar-29-07: NOA2!!!

May-07-07: Mauricio picks up Packet 3 at Embassy in Managua

May-21-07: interview-Paper missing :(

May-29-07: at embassy again with missing paper - APPROVED!!!

Jun-01-07: pick up visa at embassy

Jun-03-07: ARRIVED HOME WITH MY BABY AT LAST!!!

Jun-30-07: wedding

AOS & EAD:

Jul-27-07: mailed AOS & EAD, USPS nextday

Jul-28-07: received at Chicago lockbox

Sep-04-07: NOAs received by mail

Sep-27-07: RFE- need a co-sponser :(

Sep-28-07: Biometric Appointment

Oct-17-07: Card production ordered!

Oct-29-07: received EAD card in mail!

Feb-14-08: AOS approved

Apr-23-08: Green Card received!!!

.png

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yay!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!

How many Dec filers are still waiting for NOA2's? Hopefully not many now.

Dave and I are mailing back our Pck 3 today and making his medical appointment! I'll let you know when the medical is after he calls them.

He's at work and "is busy" so he can't call them now. Silly boy! MAKE THE APPOINTMENT! :whistle:

How many Dec filers are still waiting for NOA2's? Hopefully not many now.

Not so many... I think less than 10 based from FWAGUY's timeline :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

Dave finally made the appointment. One week from today! April 10th at 8:50am.

So that's not too bad. Now we have to attempt to get his vaccinations records in a week...oh well! One more step almost done!

So that's not too bad. Now we have to attempt to get his vaccinations records in a week...oh well! One more step almost done!

Congratulations... =)

By the way - the vaccinations really only need to be done when you adjust status in the states...(most people do it in their home country because it's easier and usually cheaper but it's not (from what I understand) required for the interview and/or medical.

Source

For some reason, London are kind of sticklers about the vaccinations. I'd get them sorted out at your GP before the visa medical (save yourself some $$).

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Congratulations... =)

By the way - the vaccinations really only need to be done when you adjust status in the states...(most people do it in their home country because it's easier and usually cheaper but it's not (from what I understand) required for the interview and/or medical.

Source

Thanks! I have heard that before as well. And hopefully -just in case- they wont require us to have them all done by the time of the interview or the medical. However, I have read on the UK section as well as some other places that even though it's not required a lot of the medical doctors were insisting that you have them done before the medical. I'm not really sure how they can insist short of saying they wont approve you unless you do them...but I don't know! Another thing is that supposedly you do not have to have the Heb B shots unless you are under 19. But, all of the people who had their medicals done in London said that the doctor said they had to have it anyway...even though the consulate says you don't have to have it if you are over 19! So we are well and truly confused when it comes to that! We know Dave will have to have the MMR and Tetanus again, so we are trying to take care of those before the interview anyway.

I've heard the MMR shot really hurts though (not the actual needle, but what they inject in you). Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Dave is not worried about the whole thing, but I'm worried for him! I hate shots! :unsure:

Just curious, what type of information is everyone else preparing for the interview? --minus the normal 1-134/sponsorship stuff and birth certs. I just mean in terms of proving your relationship. Are you sending in the same type of stuff you did for the 1-129F?

I think we'll just include our rental agreement (since we've been living together for the past 11 months), our joint bank account details, pictures, vacation details/information/proof, and renewed letters of intent. We don't have emails, phone bills, or letters as we've been living together so we don't communicate that way!

What is everyone else sending and do you think what I've included sounds good?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Looks like a lot of us are starting to get down to the interviews now!

Before we know it we'll all be approved! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers,

How is everyone? Wonderful I hope. My name is Shanon and I'm from the US. My darling fiance, Kessington, is Nigerian and currently resides in Senegal, West Africa. We became engaged on 12/11/06, three months after being introduced on eHarmony.

I mailed the I-129F to the USCIS TSC on 12/26/06. For some reason, it was transferred to the CSC. I received an e-mail from the USCIS on 03/29/07 that our fiance petition approval notice was sent on 03/28/07!! Thank you Lord!!! :innocent: I received the official NOA2 via snail mail on 03/31/07. It took just under three months to process based on their receipt date of 01/08/07. However, as anyone who's familiar with this process knows, the waiting can be agonizing at times.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. I also must say how very glad I am that I discovered this website. It's been so helpful to us. It's comforting to connect with people who are/have been in a similar situation. Also, if there's anyone who's giong or has already gone through the K1 process with their West African fiance(e), especially from Senegal, I'd love to hear about your experiences. Thank you. I wish everyone well as we weather the immigration storm.

Many blessings,

Shanon & Kessington :star:

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

I've heard the MMR shot really hurts though (not the actual needle, but what they inject in you). Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Dave is not worried about the whole thing, but I'm worried for him! I hate shots! :unsure:

Just curious, what type of information is everyone else preparing for the interview? --minus the normal 1-134/sponsorship stuff and birth certs. I just mean in terms of proving your relationship. Are you sending in the same type of stuff you did for the 1-129F?

I think we'll just include our rental agreement (since we've been living together for the past 11 months), our joint bank account details, pictures, vacation details/information/proof, and renewed letters of intent. We don't have emails, phone bills, or letters as we've been living together so we don't communicate that way!

What is everyone else sending and do you think what I've included sounds good?

Hi Marina,

Don´t worry about the MMR shot. I got mine 4 weeks ago and it didn´t hurt at all.

Your preparings for the interview sounds perfect. :thumbs:

Best wishes Karin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

great news....we got approved

He got to the consulate at 7AM ..his appointment was at 730.....i was crazy busy at work today so that kept me from being nervous. at 10AM he called me as he got in his car..

the CO asked him one question " so how did you meet your fiance" ..i guess the fact that we were friends since high school( from 1991) was enough for him after he explained the story. he is going to pick up his Visa tomorrow could not get it today they had issues with the printing.

he should be coming here in 2-3 weeks...busy tying up some remaining loose ends and selling his car..thank good ness he already has at least 5 prospective buyers

fffeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations! And it only took 4 months for the whole thing to be processed. I'm soooooo jealous. :(

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Wow, Congratulations!

I guess this really goes to show how much faster VSC is though. You are about two months ahead of the rest of us from CSC -even though your filing date is about the same as ours.

Glad everything worked out so quickly and great for you! Maybe you can give the rest of us tips when we get there too!

Congrats again! :thumbs:

great news....we got approved

He got to the consulate at 7AM ..his appointment was at 730.....i was crazy busy at work today so that kept me from being nervous. at 10AM he called me as he got in his car..

the CO asked him one question " so how did you meet your fiance" ..i guess the fact that we were friends since high school( from 1991) was enough for him after he explained the story. he is going to pick up his Visa tomorrow could not get it today they had issues with the printing.

he should be coming here in 2-3 weeks...busy tying up some remaining loose ends and selling his car..thank good ness he already has at least 5 prospective buyers

fffeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww

I'm really jealous... :crying: Your entire Visa process is equivalent to CSC filer's waiting period for NOA2. But happy for you that things worked fast and favorably! :thumbs:

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
very very very soooooooooooooooooooon for us.

good to hear. we are one of the december filers too...just wanna check whether we have to send back packet 4 to embassy or just bring it with us during med exam and to interview? you guys have an idea? need help .... :help:

thank you :yes:

09/22/06 - Met Online

11/06/06 - Met in person (1st visit)

11/12/06 - became a couple

12/26/06 - Mailed I-129F to CSC

02/06/07 - 2nd visit

02/14/07 - Got Engaged

04/02/07 - Received Packet 4

04/19/07 - St. Luke's medical exam(done!)

05/04/07 - Interview day!

05/12/07 - VISA ON HAND(Horaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! my baby and i will be together soon..)

07/16/07 - Arrived in the US

----------------------------------

07/30/07 - applied for SSN

08/07/07 - received SSN card

09/26/07 - got married

----------------------------------

10/11/07 - sent AOS application

10/13/07 - packet delivered to chicago

10/25/07 - received NOA for AOS and EAD (notice date 10-14-07)

10/29/07 - received biometrics appointment notice (notice date 10-26-07)

11/08/07 - recvd notice of an rfe

11/23/07 - biometrics appointment

11/23/07 - sent rfe requested

11/29/07 - rfe received at service center, case resumed

01/07/08 - email received stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

01/14/08 - rcvd hard copy(NOA) that case was transferred to CSC

01/13/08 - touched

01/14/08 - touched

01/15/08 - touched

01/17/08 - Approval notice rcvd in email for EAD

01/22/08 - email rcvd: Card production ordered.

01/25/08 - email rcvd: Card mailed.

01/26/08 - EAD Card rcvd by mail.

06/19/08 - AOS application touched.

07/03/08 - 2nd biometrics.

07/31/08 - Touched.

.......still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.