infanteralph19

help!!! RFE information returned

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I had a rfe request from the texas center, they wanted a letter of intent to marry for my k1 visa. I sent them the letter I sent it with translations. They sent it back cause I didnt put the reciept number on it, so I sent it back to them if the missing info. Its been about a month and a half since I sent it to them and friday I called to see what has happened and the guy told me to wait the full 2 month. Today I recieved a letter from them and with the letter I recieved the infoI sent them with translation and even the envelope. The letter says :

The texas service center has recieved your written correspondence. We are returning the written correspondence with specific instructions below to follow.

It doesnt really ask me for nothing but to contact them by phone or email but no explanation to why they sent me the info back.

Help ... anyone knows what can be happening

Call them. Maybe you got transferred to another service center? (just guessing). Only USCIS knows why they sent it back to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Ok I will call tomorrow, but I would like to see if anyone else has recieved this letter and share their experience I cant find anything on a letter like this one on the internet and its asking me for a SRMT inquiry number date of srmt and customer service representative name. That has me confused cause I have no idea what that SRMT info they want is or how to get it.

Ok I will call tomorrow, but I would like to see if anyone else has recieved this letter and share their experience I cant find anything on a letter like this one on the internet and its asking me for a SRMT inquiry number date of srmt and customer service representative name. That has me confused cause I have no idea what that SRMT info they want is or how to get it.

This is what I saw on the USCIS website:

When the customer requests service by calling the​National Customer Service Center​(​NCSC​)​ toll​-​free telephone number, a SRMT ​S​ervice ​R​equest ​is​ created by ​NCSC ​staff ​if the inquiry​ cannot be resolved during the call​. Though the majority of SRMTs are created at the NCSC, SRMTs are also created by officers, often when access to an A-file is needed to properly respond to the applicant’s question and the file is located elsewhere. Creating an SRMT allow​s​ the customer to receive a response without having to return to the office in most instances. ​

By using an online portal, c​ustomers ​living in the United States ​may create a re​quest​directly​for change of address (COA) requests regarding ​most​ receipt type​s (excluding ​VAWA​, T nonimmigrant, and U nonimmigrant applicants​ or ​petitioners)​.​ [1] Customers m​a​y also directly initiate SRMT inquiries ​online ​when ​certain ​pending application​s​or petitions are​ outside normal processing time​s​.​

Source: http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter8.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.