Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I read NVC wiki very diligently and find it very useful, but there is one advice I am having a problem with. Wiki says that to avoid checklist do not use blanks as form instruction says, but instead use N/A. I tried putting N/A in the blank fields, but for some of them pdf form says that I can only use alpha numeric characters. Another concern I have is that pdf form has a bar code - this bar code is used to scan your application the way you filed into computer. This means that technically a computer will decide if you missed anything in the form or not and because blanks are allowed it should not be a cause of checklist.

Can you please share if you have filed I-864 recently and had blanks if this was a problem for you? For I130 I did use blanks and had no problems. Also instructions to I 864 specifically say to leave lines blank.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why me?

Got up on Thursday morning to check CEAC first thing in the morning and guess what? PAID under AOS was changed to N/A I was happy thinking it was CC. Called NVC to confirm and was told I have a Checklist because I didn't send the right marriage certificate. I know I did so talked to a supervisor to review the case and was told the same, not the right document. Next day checked CEAC again and N/A changed back to paid.

Thinking I had CC was unbelievably exciting and I felt full of happiness while it lasted... I thought I will be making my last call to NVC. Now I sent the documents again and will be calling everyday to get this sorted out. Waiting another 60 days is out of the equation because I sent everything right the first time and I have been at NVC since early May.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Edited by imse82

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why me?

Got up on Thursday morning to check CEAC first thing in the morning and guess what? PAID under AOS was changed to N/A I was happy thinking it was CC. Called NVC to confirm and was told I have a Checklist because I didn't send the right marriage certificate. I know I did so talked to a supervisor to review the case and was told the same, not the right document. Next day checked CEAC again and N/A changed back to paid.

Thinking I had CC was unbelievably exciting and I felt full of happiness while it lasted... I thought I will be making my last call to NVC. Now I sent the documents again and will be calling everyday to get this sorted out. Waiting another 60 days is out of the equation because I sent everything right the first time and I have been at NVC since early May.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Hi, not sure if this helps but maybe you sent the marriage contract instead of the certificate. marriage certificate is issued by civil & passport dep. in Amman http://www.cspd.gov.jo/ you can request one in English and they will issue it to you for only 2JDs. no need to translate. hope this helps

We haven't even been allowed to pay the IV bill and the AOS bill was released/paid in June... I get different answers as to why this is every time I call. I recently read some reviews on working for the NVC just to see what people who work there say about the company and it isn't pretty. There is no rhyme to the reason here. Anyone have advice as to how I can get them to release the bill so we can get on with this?

I notice in your signature there is no mention of the DS-261. You did fill that out, right? It's the review of this form that leads to the IV bill being unlocked.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

I read NVC wiki very diligently and find it very useful, but there is one advice I am having a problem with. Wiki says that to avoid checklist do not use blanks as form instruction says, but instead use N/A. I tried putting N/A in the blank fields, but for some of them pdf form says that I can only use alpha numeric characters. Another concern I have is that pdf form has a bar code - this bar code is used to scan your application the way you filed into computer. This means that technically a computer will decide if you missed anything in the form or not and because blanks are allowed it should not be a cause of checklist.

Can you please share if you have filed I-864 recently and had blanks if this was a problem for you? For I130 I did use blanks and had no problems. Also instructions to I 864 specifically say to leave lines blank.

We followed the instructions and left it blank and did not get any checklist for that.

I-130 filed - 30/01/213
I-130 approved - 30/10/213 Error in I-130
I-824 filed 24/03/2014
I-824 approved 21/06/201
NVC case number - 29/07/2014
DS 261sent, AOS fee paid - 30/07/2014
AOS sent - 05/08/2014

IV invoice received and paid - 09/10/2014

DS 260, IV documents sent - 09/13/2014

Case Complete - 09/30/2014

waiting for the daughter's CC (checklist Oct 01/2014, Second checklist - Dec 03/2014)

Interview letter received Dec. 04

Medical scheduled Dec. 23

Interview date Jan. 23

Hi

Can anyone please explain that what does this shows?

does it means that case is complete or about to get complete?

or AOS fees status should change from PAID to N/S to have this meaning?

Thank you

When AOS fee goes to N/A then you likely have a case complete.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Sorry I never said it before but thank you Saylin for your NVC wiki page. Thanks to that I got through everything without a checklist :)

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I printed the form after filling it what so ever it allowed me then added" N/As " it works.

He's right, did you fill out your DS-261? If not, then that's the reason you haven't gotten your IV bill.

I notice in your signature there is no mention of the DS-261. You did fill that out, right? It's the review of this form that leads to the IV bill being unlocked.

Sorry I never said it before but thank you Saylin for your NVC wiki page. Thanks to that I got through everything without a checklist :)

You're very welcome!! Glad it helped ^_^ That's the whole point behind it :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

hi thanks for all the prayers because seems like it worked! todays was my anniversary and we got back together! I have my physical tomorrow and already got the embassy letter for nov 6th :)))) wish me luck

"I Wish You Were Here"

Journey :clock:

Met on 2011

travel together back to my country on sept 2012

got married October 12th, 2012

hubby tried living in Panama but it was hard to get use to

he left on Nov 2012

Apply on March 2013

PD March 19th, 2013

Transferred to Nebraska SC Nov 08 2013

Contacted congressman on Jan 2014

Sent an email to NSC on Jan 8th 2014

Last update on our case was on Jan 31st 2014 :(

Place 2 e-request on March 2014 :ranting:

Contacted another congressman March 28TH 2014

NOA2 28th March 2014 yeahhhh babyyyyy :dancing:

Your I-130 was approved in 374 days from your NOA1 date.

Got NOA2 Hard Copy March 31st 2014 :thumbs:

File got to NVC on April 14th .. waiting for a case number still

MAY 19 got case number

Paid AOS fee May 21st

Filed DS 260 July 6th, now is on us to get all the documents :)

Sent AOS package and IV on June

NVC RECEIVES PACKAGE ON JULY 22

We got a check list saying my IV package is not there :/??? SEPT 15TH 2014

MEDICAL EXAM OCTOBER 13TH

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED NOVEMBER 6TH 2014.

POE DEC 1ST 2014

NO GREEN CARD YET

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

8 Days and its my 1st Anniversary of being married, and going to spend it alone without her.

I filed my AOS on Aug 2nd and IV on Sept 12th.

On Oct 3rd I got an eMail from NVC requesting I correct a mistake on my paper. Basically my accountant messed up on initial tax return and I got it amended and I attached Account Record because Account Transcript doesn't update per IRS and still shows the old Total Income. So I went ahead and used old transcript and fixed my 864 accordingly as per my talk with Jim from NVC, and hopefully they look at it and approve fast.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to check the RFE? Cause this wait is pain staking.

Edited by AdnanS

..:::: My Visa Journey Timeline ::::..

• 10/20/2013 [Married]
  • 12/11/2013 [I-130 Mailed Phoeniz, AZ Lockbox]
  • 12/12/2013 [Priority Date]
  • 12/17/2013 [Received & Money Order Cashed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 1]

• 01/09/2014 [NOA1 (I-797C) Hardcopy Recieved]
  • 05/29/2014 [Alien Registration Number Changed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 2]
  • 06/10/2014 [I-130 Approved | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 3]
  • 06/16/2014 [Shipped to NVC for processing | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 4]
  • 06/30/2014 [Received at NVC] [Last Update 5]
  • 07/24/2014 [Case, IIN and BIN Numbers received] [Last Update 6]
  • 07/31/2014 [Received AOS Bill & DS-261 | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 7]
  • 08/02/2014 [Paid AOS Bill] [Last Update 8]
  • 08/04/2014 [Package AOS Sent] [Last Update 9]
  • 09/11/2014 [Received IV Bill] [Last Update 10]
  • 09/12/2014 [Paid IV Bill] [Last Update 11]
  • 09/15/2014 [IV Package Sent] [Last Update 12]
  • 09/18/2014 [DS-260 Completed] [Last Update 13]
  • 10/03/2014 [AOS Check-list Sent] [Last Update 14]
  • 12/03/2014 [Case Complete | e-Mail] [Last Update 15]
  • 12/23/2014 [Medical Exam] [Last Update 16]

• 01/28/2015 [interview] [Last Update 17]

8 Days and its my 1st Anniversary of being married, and going to spend it alone without her.

I filed my AOS on Aug 2nd and IV on Sept 12th.

On Oct 3rd I got an eMail from NVC requesting I correct a mistake on my paper. Basically my accountant messed up on initial tax return and I got it amended and I attached Account Record because Account Transcript doesn't update per IRS and still shows the old Total Income. So I went ahead and used old transcript and fixed my 864 accordingly as per my talk with Jim from NVC, and hopefully they look at it and approve fast.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to check the RFE? Cause this wait is pain staking.

Just a reminder, at the NVC you get a checklist, not an RFE.

it still takes the same amount of time (according to them) to do the checklist review but often it takes less time.

I spent my first anniversary alone as well. And actually my second anniversary too because my husband was out of town doing mandatory work training.

3rd time the charm right?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi all, just started lurking in this thread as our case landed at NVC at the end of September. I really appreciate the friendly and supportive community you've got going on here, and also am massively thankful to Saylin for all the time and effort she puts into this forum, the spreadsheet, and the wiki!!

We are in the process of filling out our AOS forms, and as this seems like far and away the most checklisted item in the whole process, I was hoping someone might be able to help me get clear on my situation.

My wife (the petitioner) is living in Australia with me. Although we will meet the threshold with her current income, this income will not continue when we move back to the US, so we are using a joint sponsor, as recommended by a number of other posts in the VJ forums. We've asked my mother-in-law to fill out an I-864 and that's in process. We thought not to get my father-in-law to fill out an I-864A, as we will not need his income to meet the threshold, and Saylin's wiki recommends only filling out an I-864A if you need the income. We also figured the fewer forms we fill out, the less chance of making a mistake and getting a checklist!

However, on doing some more reading I'm now concerned this is not the correct approach, and we will need to get my father-in-law to fill out an I-864A anyway. Can anyone please advise what the best strategy is here? Do we only need an I-864A from my father-in-law if they file jointly? Will doing the I-864A just make things easier regardless of their filing status? Or were my original instincts correct and we shouldn't fill out any more forms than we need to?

Do you have other assets (house, cars, savings?) My husband and I both live in Australia (I am the US citizen) and my employment will not continue.

We did not provide a joint sponsor, however we brought proof of what our house/cars/savings are worth to interview and we were approved. We did not submit any of the additional financial info to NVC, only my current income and we were not checklisted. It won't hurt to have a joint sponsor, however in my case they never asked for it.

USCIS
18 June 2013 - Sent I-130
21 June 2013 - NOA1

18 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska

6 March 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

NVC
18 March 2014 - Case received

28 April 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

28 April 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

1 May 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

2 May 2014 - AOS Package sent

6 May 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

9 May 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

15 May 2014 - IV Package sent

22 May 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

6 June 2014 - Received AOS checklist

10 June 2014 - Posted AOS checklist response

20 June 2014 - AOS checklist scanned at NVC

24 June 2014 - False checklist for AOS checklist received (IV package approved)

26 August 2014 - Case complete via supervisor review over the phone, AOS fee changed to "N/A" on CEAC website

10 September 2014 - Interview scheduled

12 September 2014 - Paperwork "In Transit" on CEAC website

Embassy
15 September 2014 - Medical

15 September 2014 - Paperwork arrived at embassy (according to DHL tracking)

19 September 2014 - Paperwork "Ready" on CEAC website
7 October 2014 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!

9 October 2014 - Visa in hand
22 January 2015 - POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.