Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi,

We didn't have an A-number in the beneficiary name box on the NOA2, do we just write N/A in the A-number on the AOS I-864EZ then?

Thanks,

TJ

January 2nd 2011 - We met in Hawaii!
August 9th 2013 - Engaged!
November 1st 2013 - Married!
-----------------------------------------------
USCIS
December 16th 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy, Priority date December 9th
September 24th 2014 - NOA2 Email/USCIS Notification!
September 26th 2014 - Shipping confirmation to DOS/NVC
-----------------------------------------------
NVC
October 2nd 2014 - Case received at NVC
October 20th 2014 - NVC Welcome email received/IIN and Case# Received/DS-261 Completed (Petitioner selected as Agent)
October 22th 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced/paid
October 24th 2014 - AOS Bill shows paid
November 4th 2014 - AOS/IV Package delivered to NVC (According to USPS)
November 5th 2014 - IV Bill invoiced/paid
November 7th 2014 - IV Bill shows paid
November 7th 2014 - DS260 Available/Completed
November 7th 2014 - NVC Received AOS/IV Package - 60 day wait begin!
January 2nd 2015 - Case closed
January 16th 2015 - Interview letter (P4)
January 30th 2015 - Medical (Approved)
----------------------------------------------
February 24th 2015 - Interview! : APPROVED! (Review in timeline)
March 5th 2015 - Visa received, POE Fee paid.
March 7th 2015 - POE Portland, OR. (Review in timeline)
----------------------------------------------
April 15th - USCIS Case number shows: Card is being produced (Case number from ELIS fee portal)
May 15th - Card not yet received, call USCIS and put in service request.
June 15th - Card still not received, call USCIS and put in another request.
June 17th - ELIS portal shows case re-opened, card being produced. Changed to Card Sent with USPS tracking number
June 18th - Card received!

Timeline

Thanks for checkin my list... my husband will also get his sister as a joint sponsor... i know his sis will also need to file an AOS and the requirements is the same as petitioner (my husband).. my question is what else do we need from joint sponsor aside from those docs?? thanks

From Saylin's Wiki ;) :

With joint sponsors:

-Completed, signed, and dated I-864 of joint sponsor

-Tax information^^ of joint sponsor (either just the last year OR the last 3 years)

-Proof of US citizenship/residency of joint sponsor (ex: copy of US passport, US birth certificate, US naturalization certificate, or front & back of green card)

-Employment letter of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)

-Pay stub(s) of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)

From Saylin's Wiki ;) :

With joint sponsors:

-Completed, signed, and dated I-864 of joint sponsor

-Tax information^^ of joint sponsor (either just the last year OR the last 3 years)

-Proof of US citizenship/residency of joint sponsor (ex: copy of US passport, US birth certificate, US naturalization certificate, or front & back of green card)

-Employment letter of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)

-Pay stub(s) of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)

Thank you... so other than that nothing else huh? Im just so nervous.. i hope my husband will meet all the requirements to avoid checklist... uggh i wanna be with my husband soon.

Just called Nvc no cc yet August 15 scan date

Lady say this week or next week and next Monday they close I hope this week it cc ameen

Let's hope this week!we are Aug 15th scan as well....

s-event.png

12/13/2007: Married

USCIS

05/30/13 : I-130 Priority Date

06/04/13 : NOA1 NBC

12/30/13 : Case transferred to NSC

03/20/14 : NOA2

NVC

04/04/2014: NVC received case

05/05/2014: Case number assigned with IIN/BIN

10/06/2014: CASE COMPLETE!!

10/14/2014 ? Interview scheduled?

10/16/2014 Received P4Letter email; Case Left NVC - In transit on 18th - Delivered on 19 Nov 2014

10/20/2014: Medical

11/06/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

11/13/2014: Pick up Visa

11/14/2014: Planned POE - Dallas

Hi,

We didn't have an A-number in the beneficiary name box on the NOA2, do we just write N/A in the A-number on the AOS I-864EZ then?

Thanks,

TJ

We put "NONE". AOS approved 15 September.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

QUERY.

IN PAKISTAN IT TAKE 13 TO 15 DAYS TO GET POLICE CERTIFICATE , THAT WOULD DEFINITELY DELAYED MY PACKAGE TO COMPLETE AS I HAVE ALREADY PAID IV FEE . WHAT IF I SEND OTHER CIVIL DOCUMENTS NOW , AND SHOW POLICE CERTIFICATE IN INTERVIEW? IS IT GOOD OR NOT

Timeline

QUERY.

IN PAKISTAN IT TAKE 13 TO 15 DAYS TO GET POLICE CERTIFICATE , THAT WOULD DEFINITELY DELAYED MY PACKAGE TO COMPLETE AS I HAVE ALREADY PAID IV FEE . WHAT IF I SEND OTHER CIVIL DOCUMENTS NOW , AND SHOW POLICE CERTIFICATE IN INTERVIEW? IS IT GOOD OR NOT

I don't recommend that! Send your complete IV package to NVC to avoid any checklists and delays and to have your case completed. In most cases, NVC doesn't allow you to submit any IV docs at a later stage (i.e. the embassy).

QUERY.

You will have checklist if u do that.. so don't or you will have to wait 60 days after checklist... i heard lots of same story.. they got checklist bcoz of not including PC in their packet.

Any holidays expected in the month of October or November for NVC ?????? As i am expecting my CC in november.

Yes, three: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/snow-dismissal-procedures/federal-holidays/#url=2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

QUERY.

You don't need a police certificate for Pakistan. Pakistan is listed as one of the countries, which do not require one.

You could send in your package and have it made later, in case they want it. My friend sent her package without it and it was accepted. You can call NVC go confirm, but then the reps might give you contradicting answers. Let me see if I can find the link.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/mobile//document_checklist.html

According to this, you need it for all countries besides Pakistan, in which you've lived. If you've not lived in another country besides Pakistan...then you're fine without it.

Edited by romii

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called NVC last Friday and was told I have a checklist for my IV package but still have not received the email. This is my second checklist which means another 60 days, I'm absolutely heart broken at this point... My checklist will likely get reviewed in December and I will have spent 8months waiting at NVC unless something magical happens and they start reviewing packages quicker.

I've submitted an expedite request last week unrelated to my checklist and hope that it's approved. I currently live in Turkey with my husband and the embassy here has issued a security warning for its citizens due to the ISIS attacks that are happening at the Syrian border about possible terrorist attacks against US citizens living in Turkey...I explained my personal situation in the hope that I might get an expedite but who knows...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.