Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!!

I have a question... I checked ceac website this morning and AOS changed to N/A scan date Aug 22. But I wanted to know more so I clicked on DS261 and now it says incomplete. But AOS still says N/A.

Do I have to submit the DS261 again? Because is says incomplete

Will I have to wait another 60 days?

Any one knows?

Alright - Received my e-mail stating that they've received my documents and have scanned them in - scan date Oct 23rd is my start. We are hoping and praying we get through NVC by December - Really would love a nice early Christmas present from the NVC!! :rofl:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I received an AOS checklist saying I need to show proof I'm related to my co-sponsor, which is my mother. I sent my birth certificate which showed her name, but apparently that isn't good enough? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can call and ask for a supervisor review. You never know. I wish you good luck

Hello!!

I have a question... I checked ceac website this morning and AOS changed to N/A scan date Aug 22. But I wanted to know more so I clicked on DS261 and now it says incomplete. But AOS still says N/A.

Do I have to submit the DS261 again? Because is says incomplete

Will I have to wait another 60 days?

Any one knows?[/

I called once and they told me not to go in there and change anything Bcuz it will save it to the current date. Call them on Monday and see if they can fix it for you

Hi everybody

First of all big Congratulations to those CC. What wonderful news.

I have some news to deliver to you all - not about me though!

Last night I received an email from our dear friend mobar65. He has very limited internet access and has asked me to post on VJ. He will give us all an indepth update as soon as he can.

He and his family had an easy POE on Wednesday in Colorado. Two of the children have already started in their new school and the other two start on Monday. Apparently they love their new school which is good to hear. I am sure that Mum and Dad are very busy just getting everything unpacked and settling into their home.

We have missed him this week but I think I can say on behalf of all his VJ friends we send only love and good wishes to the family and look forward to hearing more about the experience.

Soloenta - mobar65 cannot find your email address at present and wanted me to say hello to you.

Sounds like he is missing us all!!

2013/9/17 - Mailed I-130

2013/9/20 - Received NOA1

2014/2/26 - Transferred to TSC

2014/3/21 - Received email NOA2

2014/3/21 - I-130 Approved

2014/3/26 - Email received File Received

2014/4/02 - NVC received file

2014/5/1 - Case Number and IIN assigned

2014/5/7 - DS-261 available and completed

2014/5/8 - AOS invoice available and paid

2014/5/9 - AOS showing as paid

2014/5/20 - AOS Package sent

2014/6/3 - AOS Scanned and Under Review

2014/6/9 - IV Fee Invoice available and Paid

2014/6/10 - DS-260 available

2014/6/10 - IV package couriered to NVC

2014/6/10 - IV invoice showing Paid

2014/6/11 - DS-260 submitted

2014/6/16 - IV package delivered to NVC

2014/6/20 - IV package scanned

2014/7/11 - Received Checklist for AOS - one tiny thing!

2014/7/15 - Checklist response couriered to NVC by Lawyers

2014/7/18 - AOS Checklist delivered to NVC

2014/7/22 - AOS Checklist scanned in

2014/8/5 - IV Checklist Received

2014/8/20 - Supervisor reviewed Adoption Certificate Checklist and found it acceptable

2014/8/26 - Couriered Singapore Police Certificate to NVC

2014/8/28 - Package delivered to NVC

2014/8/29 - IV checklist scanned in

2014/9/12 - AOS Checklist accepted

2024/10/27 - called NVC to be advised last scanned document is now September 17th, an email I sent early August and they looked at on September 17th.

2014/9/17 - last scanned date. Waiting for a Case Complete.

2014/10/30 - CASE COMPLETE

2014/11/10 - Interview Scheduled

2014/12/23 - Interview - going to try to move up a week but we will see.

2014/12/2 - interview and APPROVED

2014/12/18 - Smooth and quick POE at LAX then onto JFK by domestic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm truly hopping that some one can help me. let me start off by telling my story.

I am the beneficiary and my husband (a US citizen) is the petitioner, we started the process December of last year. our I-130 was approved May31. we've had a really hard time since then. USCIS took 3 whole months to send our case to Nvc, then wen they received it we were then told that the DOB on the petition was incorrect so we had to wait yet again. after much paryer, a week ago we were able to get the case number and fill out the DS-261.

My question: we paid the AOS fee and its now showing PAID, how do I find the barcoded cover sheet .

I'm truly hopping that some one can help me. let me start off by telling my story.

I am the beneficiary and my husband (a US citizen) is the petitioner, we started the process December of last year. our I-130 was approved May31. we've had a really hard time since then. USCIS took 3 whole months to send our case to Nvc, then wen they received it we were then told that the DOB on the petition was incorrect so we had to wait yet again. after much paryer, a week ago we were able to get the case number and fill out the DS-261.

My question: we paid the AOS fee and its now showing PAID, how do I find the barcoded cover sheet .

So sorry to hear about your unfortunate time with USCIS. Go into CEAC website and there will be a tab called invoice. You can scroll down where it says 'NEXT STEPS' and there is a place where you can print (or e-mail) your barcoded cover sheet.

Best of luck with NVC...I hope it's quicker and a less painful process!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Finally after waiting for about 4-5 months I found a cosponsor and got to send in the AOS and IV packet. It was sent on the 23rd and is scheduled to be delivered Monday the 27th. Hope our approval comes soon. This process has already taken 15 months, I'm getting tired of waiting to be with my husband.

Good luck to everyone waiting. Hope we all get good news very soon.

I did the math few pages back based of my IV Scan date of September 12th, 2014.

Old Formula:

October 14/15 - October 27/28

New Formula:

October 19/20 - October 31

The equations are only accurate up to I think 70% in the last equation, so there is still a 30% error in the calculation. And that is only 95% confident! So the margin of error in the prediction, I feel, is quite large. You never know how the date could change due to the process at the NVC. Consider the prediction as a bit of fun :-) PS: I would take it up to Nov 9th just to be sure.

Can you count for me plz i dont understand thay math.because mine is everything reviewed only thing is left checklist that i sent and scan date is oct 21.Aos and iv package is already reviewed and got checklist and sent checklist

I dont know that the math will work for your situation. It is has been worked out based on only last scan of IV. I will get onto a one for scan of AoS a little later today. As for checklists, I will see if I can figure something out for that, but from memory, there was not much checklist data to work with so that means the math would not be as reliable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's unfortunate but it might be still wise to get your spouse her asap this way no need to maintain two houses plus she can work in the states and help your financial situation. Just something to think about.

As far as the interview goes you can still get it done asap then get ur wife here in march because the immigration visa is valid for 6 months.

he is my husband so yeah he needs to get his butt here were trying to fish out money from anywhere he needs to come help to support our son asap. We are waiting for his new passport to get here so we can fill out the ds260 and after that set up the interview :thumbs:

Edited by AlexandCarlos19

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Ours was september 08(sent both packets together) so I guess October 12 to october 25. I probably should hear tomorrow if the formula works but I see very less chance looking at how they stuck in august and randomly approving september filers.

Its so annoying and disappointing :cry: . I actually stopped looking at this thread and facebook group for 2/3 days!!! Im actually happy for the random approval in september but it gets so frustrating when you have to keep waiting. I was supposed to get a call back from NVC on frday but guess what they never called. I called late friday night and they were like it takes more than 24 hours! Seriously :ranting: bunch of lies...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sign in on ceac website for fee payment then go to receipts and then print document cover sheet for AOS

AOS mailed 10/23/17, delivered 10/25/17, check cashed 11/2/17

text/email notification 11/3/17,  recvd NOAs 11/7/17

priority date      10/26/17

NOA date           11/1/17

Bio notice          11/17/17

Bio date             11/27/17

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Filed I 131        03/05/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

Interview Letter recvd  8/4/18   Interview date  9/12/18

Interview Approved 9/12/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your unfortunate time with USCIS. Go into CEAC website and there will be a tab called invoice. You can scroll down where it says 'NEXT STEPS' and there is a place where you can print (or e-mail) your barcoded cover sheet.

Best of luck with NVC...I hope it's quicker and a less painful process!

thanks for replying, however I don't see barcode cover sheet, what I do see is document cover sheet. is that it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks for replying, however I don't see barcode cover sheet, what I do see is document cover sheet. is that it?

Yes the document cover sheet has a barcode on it. It is the same thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.