Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Whoops. you are right!

I meant September 24th is 267th day.

Sorry. The maths still works though :-)

The only reason I looked into it is because the range seems short, 29-42 days. That could be because you've used older data but I think most cases are going over that now. From what I've seen, they are near scan date of Aug 27th at the moment, 58 days. Monday is my 30th day so i'm hoping you are more correct than I am.

Whoops. you are right!

I meant September 24th is 267th day.

Sorry. The maths still works though :-)

I meant monday is my 42nd day. 30th business day. I was keeping track in both ways since they were going with 30 business days and not 60 days when my case first got to the NVC in May. Edited by TeddyB

Well, I know math, I want to know how you got to that formula :lol:

And I just updated my spreadsheet earlier this evening, so IIRC, there's a couple CC's even after the 20th.

UPDATE ON EQUATION:

Using your data Saylin and the bits I have just got from the posts since 20 October, I now get a linear regression of y = 0.7502x + 107.01, where y = Case Complete (as a numbered day of the year) and x = IV Scan Date (given as numbered day of the year). The Rsquare value is 0.7081 on this which means between the IV Scan Date and Case Complete there is a 70.81% correlation. Now, using 95% confidence level, we can say the margin of error is 5.81 days (this is worked out after figuring out the mean, standard deviation etc.).

Following me so far??? hehehehe

Using this new info, I can say for my IV Scan Date of 24 September, my CC should now come between 28/29 October and 9/10 November.

Edited by TheBigO

I meant monday is my 42nd day. 30th business day. I was keeping track in both ways since they were going with 30 business days and not 60 days when my case first got to the NVC in May.

You need to calculate the day so it is a number out of 265 days in the year. eg: january 1st is day 1 and december 31st is day 365.

Teddy B, give me your IV Scan date and I will figure it out for you :)

UPDATE ON EQUATION:

Using your data Saylin and the bits I have just got from the posts since 20 October, I now get a linear regression of y = 0.7502x + 107.01, where y = Case Complete (as a numbered day of the year) and x = IV Scan Date (given as numbered day of the year). The Rsquare value is 0.7081 on this which means between the IV Scan Date and Case Complete there is a 70.81% correlation. Now, using 95% confidence level, we can say the margin of error is 5.81 days (this is worked out after figuring out the mean, standard deviation etc.).

Following me so far??? hehehehe

Using this new info, I can say for my IV Scan Date of 24 September, my CC should now come between 28/29 October and 9/10 November.

I followed you up until the Rsquare part :P

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see if that equation holds true for future case completes! If so, that'd be amazing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay people! I have finally got a mathematical solution which will help you predict with 60%-63% confidence a rough date, + or - 6.36 days, for when you will get a Case Complete based on your IV scan date. I have used Saylin's data to work this out. I hope it helps you. I did a similar calculation when I was waiting for approval from USCIS and was spot on with my NOA2!

1. Convert your IV scan date into a day number of the year (eg: 24 July 2014 = 267th day)

2. Multiply the day by 0.6998 (eg: 267 x 0.6998 = 186.85)

3. Add 116.19 to the result from Step 2 (eg: 186.85 + 116.19 = 303.04)

4. Now add 6.36 to your result from Step 3 (eg: 6.36 + 303.04 = 309.40)

5. Now subtract 6.36 from your result at Step 3 (eg: 303.04 - 6.36 = 296.68)

6. Convert the result from Step 4 back into a date (eg: 309.40 is 5th/6th November 2014)

7. Convert the result from Step 5 back into a date (eg 296.68 is 23rd/24th October 2014)

8. The date range for your Case Complete is these two sets of dates at Step 6 and 7.

Maths is awesome for helping to work these things out. At the least, it may give some people a bit of hope in knowing roughly when to expect CC to happen. I think it is fun working out this type of stuff!

:-)

Just tried it with my scan date (october 6th), I got November 1 to November 15.

These are very generous dates lol. For my sake, i hope your math is spot on lolll

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

I followed you up until the Rsquare part :P

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see if that equation holds true for future case completes! If so, that'd be amazing!

It will hold true only on the current data. Every time we get a new CC the data needs to be updated to get a more accurate reflection of the mathematical relationship. So it will always be changing, but at least it gives people something to work with. if not that, then at least it is a bit of fun whilst we all wait for this process to be over :-)

You need to calculate the day so it is a number out of 265 days in the year. eg: january 1st is day 1 and december 31st is day 365.

Teddy B, give me your IV Scan date and I will figure it out for you :)

September 15th or the 258th day of the year.

Just tried it with my scan date, I got November 1 to November 15.

These are very generous dates lol. For my sake, i hope your math is spot on lolll

Try the new numbers y = 0.7502x + 107.01 ....plus and minus 5.81 days.

September 15th or the 258th day of the year.

22/23 October through to 2/3 November. Have seen a few CC with 15 September in the past week so perhaps you are getting close.

Edited by TheBigO

In the mean time. Has anyone else occurred 3 separate "computer glitches" going through the process?

My first 2 have combined for 10 bonus weeks of wait time. The third just happened so still waiting on that. I know ####### happens but 3 seems excessive.

Just tried it with my scan date (october 6th), I got November 1 to November 15.

For you I get 6th through to the 18th.

Just did a little bit of extra work and I think you will be between 13th and 25th.

Timeline

Try the new numbers y = 0.7502x + 107.01 ....plus and minus 5.81 days.

315 days, which is November 12 +- ~6 days

It will be cool to see how your prediction holds!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline

For you I get 6th through to the 18th.

Just did a little bit of extra work and I think you will be between 13th and 25th.

thanks!

I like the first set of dates better lol :P

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.