Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless they don't catch it (which does happen), a copy of a marriage certificate probably should have been sent. Although, if they filed married filing jointly, that might be enough proof for them. I wouldn't send in anything unless they ask for it, if I were you.

Did you include W2s from both of them in conjunction with the tax transcripts? If you did, their addresses should be on the W2s, so that should cover the proof of residency part.

Thank you for your response. We didn't send W2. Our joint sponsor is self employed and wife is employed by a company. We only sent the tax transcript

So I was reading the checklist and saw this

"Proof of their residency in your household and relationship to you if they are not the intending immigrants or are not listed as dependents on your Federal income tax return for the most recent tax year."

She isnt listed as a dependent but, like you said, since it's married filed jointly hopefully it will be enough for them to approve.

I'll wait and see. Praying for the best!

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Thank you for your response. We didn't send W2. Our joint sponsor is self employed and wife is employed by a company. We only sent the tax transcript

So I was reading the checklist and saw this

"Proof of their residency in your household and relationship to you if they are not the intending immigrants or are not listed as dependents on your Federal income tax return for the most recent tax year."

She isnt listed as a dependent but, like you said, since it's married filed jointly hopefully it will be enough for them to approve.

I'll wait and see. Praying for the best!

Yeah, let's hope that the tax transcript showing MFJ will be sufficient for them.

AOS PAID turned to N/A!!!! Omg!!!!

aug 27th scan date

Edited by Lyndon

NVC

06/20/2014 - case received

07/03/2014 - case number and IIN assigned

07/18/2014 - DS-261 Completed

07/19/2014 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

07/24/2014 - AOS Packet Scanned in

08/22/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

08/25/2014 - DS-260 Completed

08/27/2014 - IV Packet Scanned in

10/24/2014 - CASE COMPLETE‼️?

11/06/2014 - Medical - DONE❗️

12/01/2014 - Interview @ 6:15am - APPROVED and VISA ISSUED❗️❗️❗️❗️

12/03/2014 - passport ready for pick up

12/08/2014 - Passport with VISA in hand?

12/20/2014 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This whole process is ### retarded from top - down. In 2 months I'm going to pass my one year since I applied last year in December.

Send AOS Aug 2nd, and IV Sept 12th (scanned 17th), and got a check list for AOS on Oct 3rd for wrong 2013 total income not matching whats on transcript when I also sent these fools account record that reflects changes in income.

God knows how much longer I have to wait for this lizard ###### to finish. :(

I wonder if during winter time, they receive less petitions so NVC can start crunching out these as fast as possible.

I hope you have sent in the checklist response already, since they have started reviewing packages together now; they will most likely review the checklist with your IV package. So there might be a good news sooner than you expected!

I hope you have sent in the checklist response already, since they have started reviewing packages together now; they will most likely review the checklist with your IV package. So there might be a good news sooner than you expected!

Please explain to me what is the checklist? is it something you have to take to the embassy?

please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Please explain to me what is the checklist? is it something you have to take to the embassy?

please help

If nvc finds any errors or missing items in the documents they reviewed then you will receive an email (checklist) informing you that corrections are required. Typically you will need to send the corrections to nvc. Rarely will they give you a case complete and let you bring them to the interview.

Okay people! I have finally got a mathematical solution which will help you predict with 60%-63% confidence a rough date, + or - 6.36 days, for when you will get a Case Complete based on your IV scan date. I have used Saylin's data to work this out. I hope it helps you. I did a similar calculation when I was waiting for approval from USCIS and was spot on with my NOA2!

1. Convert your IV scan date into a day number of the year (eg: 24 July 2014 = 267th day)

2. Multiply the day by 0.6998 (eg: 267 x 0.6998 = 186.85)

3. Add 116.19 to the result from Step 2 (eg: 186.85 + 116.19 = 303.04)

4. Now add 6.36 to your result from Step 3 (eg: 6.36 + 303.04 = 309.40)

5. Now subtract 6.36 from your result at Step 3 (eg: 303.04 - 6.36 = 296.68)

6. Convert the result from Step 4 back into a date (eg: 309.40 is 5th/6th November 2014)

7. Convert the result from Step 5 back into a date (eg 296.68 is 23rd/24th October 2014)

8. The date range for your Case Complete is these two sets of dates at Step 6 and 7.

Maths is awesome for helping to work these things out. At the least, it may give some people a bit of hope in knowing roughly when to expect CC to happen. I think it is fun working out this type of stuff!

:-)

Edited by TheBigO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nvc site is down ?

It is working sorry for some reason I couldn't log in on my phone nut I tried on my laptop AND its working I shouldn't have freaked out before checkingon my ccomputer sorry again everyone

Edited by Ryan H

Okay people! I have finally got a mathematical solution which will help you predict with 60%-63% confidence a rough date, + or - 6.36 days, for when you will get a Case Complete based on your IV scan date. I have used Saylin's data to work this out. I hope it helps you. I did a similar calculation when I was waiting for approval from USCIS and was spot on with my NOA2!

1. Convert your IV scan date into a day number of the year (eg: 24 July 2014 = 267th day)

6. Convert the result from Step 4 back into a date (eg: 309.40 is 5th/6th November 2014)

7. Convert the result from Step 5 back into a date (eg 296.68 is 23rd/24th October 2014)

8. The date range for your Case Complete is these two sets of dates at Step 6 and 7.

Maths is awesome for helping to work these things out. At the least, it may give some people a bit of hope in knowing roughly when to expect CC to happen. I think it is fun working out this type of stuff!

How the heck did you figure that out :blink:

If nvc finds any errors or missing items in the documents they reviewed then you will receive an email (checklist) informing you that corrections are required. Typically you will need to send the corrections to nvc. Rarely will they give you a case complete and let you bring them to the interview.

I haven't checked the math yet but July 24th is the 205th day of the year. September 24th is the 267 day.

I haven't checked the math yet but July 24th is the 205th day of the year. September 24th is the 267 day.

Whoops. you are right!

I meant September 24th is 267th day.

Sorry. The maths still works though :-)

How the heck did you figure that out :blink:

Mathematics my dear Saylin, mathematics.

Used your data so thank you to you! I am adding extra data in now for approvals since your last entry. I think you entered up to 20 October, so I am going through the posts now and looking for CC since 20th Oct. The confidence level in the maths is increasing already. I think I will repost some new info once I am done.

Mathematics my dear Saylin, mathematics.

Used your data so thank you to you! I am adding extra data in now for approvals since your last entry. I think you entered up to 20 October, so I am going through the posts now and looking for CC since 20th Oct. The confidence level in the maths is increasing already. I think I will repost some new info once I am done.

Well, I know math, I want to know how you got to that formula :lol:

And I just updated my spreadsheet earlier this evening, so IIRC, there's a couple CC's even after the 20th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.