Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have another question about the process in Amman. I filed for K-1, so when NVC sends the petition to Amman, what's next? Do they send a packet 3 and 4? Or just packet 3? When they send the first packet will it include the interview date OR do we have to wait and send the packet 3 back before getting an interview date? I am asking because I am thinking of sending a request for a provisional file to help speed up the process. Last question, will I be allowed into the embassy with my fiance on the day of his interview?

I appreciate any help you all can offer me.

thank you

I don't think there is a packet 4 with a K-1 in Amman. We only got one packet. The NVC really does nothing in the case of the K-1, they got our case and sent it over to Amman in a matter of 3 days. All they did was assign a case number. Once Amman got the package from NVC, they will assign an interview date and mail out package 3 to you, the USC (I don't know why :wacko: )via snail mail. It took us about a month to get an interview date and about 6 weeks to get the package from the day they got from NVC.

In Amman, you don't send anything in. You bring it all with you on the day of the interview, everthing. The embassy will allow you to be wiht your fiance on the day of the interview. However I want you to be fully prepared because this is a long process and Amman is one of the slowest embassies, they will do NOTHING to expidite your case. They are scheduling interviews about 10 months out from the day the get the NVC packet, but there have been many occasion where they pull those dates in, like mine. Our interview was supposed to be on Feb 27 of this year but we actually had it on October 19th. We have been in Security checks since then.

Once your case gets sent to the NVC, you can call them and ask for your AMM case number, then you can send Amman emails to find out when your interview is scheduled.

I'm sorry its me again. Also wanted to know what are the items in that packet?

-medical exam instructions

-celibacy papers?

-police report

-I-134?

-additional proof from me

-updated intent letters?

-DS 156/157 forms (are they in arabic or english)?

Did I miss anything?

When my fiance went to his interview he took the following:

Recipet for visa fee

I134 Affidavit of support with 3 years of taxes, paycheck stubs, employment letter, and certified bank letter.

Police report

Medical report

Photos

Proof of communication (emails, phone bills, chats)

DS156&DS157 (they have them in both english and arabic)

DS156K

DS230 (only section 1)

Photocopy of passport

Birth Cert (translated)

Passport

Military book

If he was previously married you will need to bring a copy of his divorce decree or death cert of spouse if applicable.

There isnt many of us that went thru Amman doing a K-1. I used to be the only one but luckily Mandolin joined so now there are 2 people to help ya!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks Jenn and Together4ever.

Jordanianprincess - you are a lifesaver - that information helps alot! I know they are slow as &^%$ and I warned my fiance that this would not be a 3-6 month process. Wishful thinking that he'll get an interview at least before the year is over. Until then, I'll be making trips to see him every 3-4 months inshaAllah. By the way he is near 7th circle in khalda :) I am sorry about the security checks taking so long. Was he in the military or something (based on your list above), maybe that is why its taking a while? My fiance was a police officer, but hated it so he left.

Thanks again ladies. xoxoxoxox

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Best of luck to you and your fiance! :)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Congratulations on getting your packet off and best of luck! Unfortunately you're in for a long wait with Amman, but you'll get through it, you have lots of people here to guide you.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline
Thanks Jenn and Together4ever.

Jordanianprincess - you are a lifesaver - that information helps alot! I know they are slow as &^%$ and I warned my fiance that this would not be a 3-6 month process. Wishful thinking that he'll get an interview at least before the year is over. Until then, I'll be making trips to see him every 3-4 months inshaAllah. By the way he is near 7th circle in khalda :) I am sorry about the security checks taking so long. Was he in the military or something (based on your list above), maybe that is why its taking a while? My fiance was a police officer, but hated it so he left.

Thanks again ladies. xoxoxoxox

He never served in the Military but has always kept his book up to date. In the beginning they mentioned they he got a name hit for apparently having a common name. Yesterday when I talked to the DOS she asked me if he had ever been to Syria, Iran, or Iraq. He has been to Syria once for a few days, but she said that won't be a problem. I got the feeling that is what the AP is for, I listed that he went to Syria is 2001 so maybe they decided to do security checks because of that.

I have also noticed that K-1's go through and none of the other Jordan girls here have because they filed K-3's and IR/CR-1's.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Hi Jordanian Princess,

Sorry I didn't understand by the K-3's and CR1's didn't go through. Do you mean they are taking longer to process? I wondered if the K-1 would be the best/fastest. It was hard though b/c we really wanted to marry, but I promised him although it would still take time it would not be as long as if we did the K3 or CR1.

Regarding the AP that's crazy they know every little detail. My fiance does not have a common name at all. Other than him serving in the Police, I hope all goes well.

I will pray that you get the call soon. I really appreciate your help and I'll keep you posted.

thanks,

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

09/18/07 - Biometrics

DIVORCED

Filed: Other Timeline
What the heck are celibacy papers? :blink:

This are still required in France, but it means testifying that you are single and legally can marry. You sign a certification that is pre-printed with a statment that you are not currently married, basically. Not sure if it means something different in MENA.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline
Hi Jordanian Princess,

Sorry I didn't understand by the K-3's and CR1's didn't go through. Do you mean they are taking longer to process? I wondered if the K-1 would be the best/fastest. It was hard though b/c we really wanted to marry, but I promised him although it would still take time it would not be as long as if we did the K3 or CR1.

Regarding the AP that's crazy they know every little detail. My fiance does not have a common name at all. Other than him serving in the Police, I hope all goes well.

I will pray that you get the call soon. I really appreciate your help and I'll keep you posted.

thanks,

I mean that they don't go through the AP after the interview like I did, or at least not as long. I think the best and fastest is a DCF but not everyone can do that. Amman is just slow...I think they all take just as long but there are obvious benefits to doing a CR1 or K3.

What the heck are celibacy papers? :blink:

This are still required in France, but it means testifying that you are single and legally can marry. You sign a certification that is pre-printed with a statment that you are not currently married, basically. Not sure if it means something different in MENA.

LOL ok I was thinking something else totally different :whistle:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I mean that they don't go through the AP after the interview like I did, or at least not as long. I think the best and fastest is a DCF but not everyone can do that. Amman is just slow...I think they all take just as long but there are obvious benefits to doing a CR1 or K3.

Actually, no one can do DCF anymore. Consulates are no longer processing I-130s. :(

Timeline

Thanks for the info all. I think we made the right choice with the K1, inshaAllah.

will keep you all posted.

thanks again.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

09/18/07 - Biometrics

DIVORCED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.