Soloenta

The NVC October Moral Support/Ranting Thread

1,609 posts in this topic

First...congratulations to all the CC people...I am not one of you as of yet . Just wanted to say that I have spoken with NVC operators several times over the past months and this was my first experience with this one . Can you guess who I spoke with ? I have to laugh about this interaction with her because it was just so strange zzzzzz .First she answers the phone coughing and sputtering and sounding like she is half asleep. She asked for the case number etc and then asked my name which I told her. She proceeds to tell me that there is no one named that as the Petitioner. I repeated my name to her again just in case she got it wrong the first time through her sputtering and she barked at me..."I would not have asked if I NEEDED it :blink: OKKKKKKKKKKK woman ..chill your jets.

Then she says once again ...what is your name! I repeated my name for the 3rd or 4th time. By the way folks ...I have a normal American name nothing complicated. I had to look at my paper to make sure I knew who I was by this point :help: She then says to me all exasperated..I heard your name. Next she says ...I need your phone number it is ...and proceeds to recite it to me .Now mind you..I didn't know if that was a question or statement..insert deer in the head lights look here...I don't call myself on my foreign cell phone or house phone and I was caught off guard and just said ...yes lol. Finally she says what is it you called for in her sleepy irritated drawel ? Trying to maintain my sweetness ...I told her I called for a case status update and she says to me...due to the high volume of petitions ...please allow 60 days yada yada lol. She reads me the speel right off her computer screen slower than molasses...like I was too dumb to understand . So when she was finished I said to her...sooooooo has my case been reviewed ?Sleepily she replies...let me look.........................................................................................................................no :whistle:

I have to admit that I though some of you were exaggerating about this sleepy...NVC woman. I am not sure if she new what she was talking about but it was a fun ride through the twilight zone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First...congratulations to all the CC people...I am not one of you as of yet . Just wanted to say that I have spoken with NVC operators several times over the past months and this was my first experience with this one . Can you guess who I spoke with ? I have to laugh about this interaction with her because it was just so strange zzzzzz .First she answers the phone coughing and sputtering and sounding like she is half asleep. She asked for the case number etc and then asked my name which I told her. She proceeds to tell me that there is no one named that as the Petitioner. I repeated my name to her again just in case she got it wrong the first time through her sputtering and she barked at me..."I would not have asked if I NEEDED it :blink: OKKKKKKKKKKK woman ..chill your jets.

Then she says once again ...what is your name! I repeated my name for the 3rd or 4th time. By the way folks ...I have a normal American name nothing complicated. I had to look at my paper to make sure I knew who I was by this point :help: She then says to me all exasperated..I heard your name. Next she says ...I need your phone number it is ...and proceeds to recite it to me .Now mind you..I didn't know if that was a question or statement..insert deer in the head lights look here...I don't call myself on my foreign cell phone or house phone and I was caught off guard and just said ...yes lol. Finally she says what is it you called for in her sleepy irritated drawel ? Trying to maintain my sweetness ...I told her I called for a case status update and she says to me...due to the high volume of petitions ...please allow 60 days yada yada lol. She reads me the speel right off her computer screen slower than molasses...like I was too dumb to understand . So when she was finished I said to her...sooooooo has my case been reviewed ?Sleepily she replies...let me look.........................................................................................................................no :whistle:

I have to admit that I though some of you were exaggerating about this sleepy...NVC woman. I am not sure if she new what she was talking about but it was a fun ride through the twilight zone.

:rofl::rofl: describes the usual experience of calling them! My husband had put my landline as my number when he filled out the DS-261 and ever since then that number became the number they'd recite to confirm. This one time the lady goes, ok so what's your name? Then she says, what's your number?...and there I was all lost. :oops:

I'm like "ehhh it's my house number...." Took me like 5 mins to find it and recite it. :idea:

I suggest you memorize the number, for the next time you may get some other strange rep who decides to ask, instead to recite it. :lol:

Edited by romii

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What a lazy sleepy a$$ rep. They are so quick to read out the long quotation of the 60days wait without even checking for the case status. I pray you get out of NVC ASAP.

:rofl::rofl: describes the usual experience of calling them! My husband had put my landline as my number when he filled out the DS-261 and ever since then that number became the number they'd recite to confirm. This one time the lady goes, ok so what's your name? Then she says, what's your number?...and there I was all lost. :oops:

I'm like "ehhh it's my house number...." Took me like 5 mins to find it and recite it. :idea:

I suggest you memorize the number, for the next time you may get some other strange rep who decides to ask, instead to recite it. :lol:

NVC are so unpredictable and unstable. Have never been asked to confirm the phone number

What a lazy sleepy a$$ rep. They are so quick to read out the long quotation of the 60days wait without even checking for the case status. I pray you get out of NVC ASAP.

NVC are so unpredictable and unstable. Have never been asked to confirm the phone number

Does anyone see a pattern at all at the NVC? I'm seeing open cases from original documents scanned in August, random CC from September, and checklists not reviewed from August while seeing a few checklists from September and even October with CC. I don't see a pattern at all. Seems like a jumbled mess.

Our AOS and IV was mailed together with a scan date of July 15, and we have a AOS checklist scan date of September 23. I have no idea what to expect. We told ourselves to just expect the 60 day wait until Nov 23, but now who knows. It's encouraging it could be sooner for the checklist but also frustrating and stressful it feels so random.

Well...I didn't dare ask her any of the other question I had...Ill call again next week and hang up if she answers.My last scan is September 23 2014 which makes today 30 days since the last scan so I though Ide give it a shot . :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone see a pattern at all at the NVC? I'm seeing open cases from original documents scanned in August, random CC from September, and checklists not reviewed from August while seeing a few checklists from September and even October with CC. I don't see a pattern at all. Seems like a jumbled mess.

Our AOS and IV was mailed together with a scan date of July 15, and we have a AOS checklist scan date of September 23. I have no idea what to expect. We told ourselves to just expect the 60 day wait until Nov 23, but now who knows. It's encouraging it could be sooner for the checklist but also frustrating and stressful it feels so random.

Am guessing those random CC have AOS and IV scanned into the system so when NVC got to the first scan date, they reviewed it together with the later scan date. NVC is unpredictable and they work as if they have no rules and regulations. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

My husband doesn't think there really is a system any longer..he maintains that most likely they just grab an arm full off the stack. Then someone else comes behind them and grabs some more.Sounds plausible with what we are seeing .The only pattern I see is a disorganized one.I think that they are trying to get it together but there are growing pains.

Edited by AmeriDutch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Recently, my job title has changed at work and salary has increased. I have already a case complete. What should be done in this case, in regards to AOS? I am thinking maybe when my wife goes for her interview, she can take a new AOS with change in title and change in salary with her and present it their with copies of old AOS?

If you have been through this situation or know anyone else, then please let me know what should be done. Thank you.

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

01/24/2014: Married

02/11/2014: I130 Sent

02/19/2014: I130 NOA1

06/25/2014: I130 Approved (NOA2)

07/07/2014: NVC Received

07/16/2014: Case # and IIN Assigned

08/04/2014: Received DS 261 and AOS Invoice Email

08/04/2014: Submitted DS 261

08/06/2014: Paid AOS Fee

08/07/2014: AOS Package Sent

08/11/2014: AOS Package Scanned

08/30/2014: Received IV Bill

08/30/2014: Paid IV Bill

09/03/2014: IV Package Sent

09/03/2014: Submitted Ds-260

09/05/2014: IV Package Scanned

10/14/2014: Case Complete

12/01/2014: Medical (Completed)

12/16/2014: Interview Scheduled for 7:00 AM (APPROVED) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12/17/2014: Visa "ISSUED" :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

01/24/2015: POE - JFK, NY

ROC Timeline:

11/11/2016: I-751 sent to VSC

11/14/2016: I-751 package received at VSC

11/16/2016: Check cashed

11/18/2016: NOA1 Received

12/14/2016: Biometrics Appointment

10/17/17: Approval letter received in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Wow... So today our case was checklisted... :dead:

On our I-864a it had down adjusted income instead of Total Income from line 22 from 1040 tax return. :oops:

I tell you what folks, one mistake can cost you time!! Lesson learned... Unfortunately on the visajourney guide it mentions the very thing I was checklisted for.

Remember the Line 22 from 1040, don't make the same mistake we did!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Or sometimes you will get checklisted for this even if you put the correct number. :bonk:

USCIS
01-25-2014: Filed I-130
01-30-2014: NOA1, Sent to Vermont Service Center
06-11-2014: NOA2, I-130 Approved!

NVC
06-26-2014: Arrived at NVC
07-10-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-28-2014: D-261 available & submitted/AOS fee invoiced
07-29-2014: AOS fee paid
07-31-2014: AOS package sent
08-04-2014: AOS package scanned by NVC
08-08-2014: Amended I-864EZ re-sent (I stupidly put AGI instead of Total Income on the form)
08-13-2014: AOS package scanned by NVC
09-06-2014: DS-261 accepted
09-10-2014: IV fee invoiced/paid
09-13-2014: DS-260 completed
10-02-2014: BOTH AOS packages reviewed and accepted together (no checklist! woohoo!) NEVERMIND. HE LIED. SEE BELOW.
10-02-2014: IV package sent (it took an extra month because DHL/Customs lost my husband's birth certificate and police records in September)
10-06-2014: IV package arrived at NVC (you know, because overnight with USPS means four days later)
10-08-2014: IV package scanned by NVC
10-09-2014: Received checklist for AOS packet saying I put the wrong income number. They are wrong. Awaiting review from Supervisor Mari.
10-16-2014: My Senator's office requested an expedite review of our case. This request was submitted by the NVC to the U.S. Embassy on this date.
10-22-2014: U.S. Embassy in Panama approves expedite request!
10-24-2014: All documents at NVC mailed to U.S. Embassy in Panama
10-27-2014: All documents at NVC delivered to U.S. Embassy in Panama

U.S. Embassy in Panama

10-28-2014: Interview scheduled by Embassy for 11-13-2014
10-30-2014: Medical
11-13-2014: Interview -- APPROVED!
11-19-2014: Visa Received
12-12-2014: Point of Entry!

12-20-2014: Social Security Number arrived by mail

USCIS - Petition to Remove Conditions
09-26-2016: Filed I-751

09-30-2016: NOA Date (Received in mail on 10-06-2016)

10-03-2016: Checks cashed

10-31-2016: Biometrics (Received appointment in mail on 10/21/2016)

08-23-2017: Date of Decision: Approval (Received in mail on 8/28/2017, but not updated online)

Timeline

My husband doesn't think there really is a system any longer..he maintains that most likely they just grab an arm full off the stack. Then someone else comes behind them and grabs some more.Sounds plausible with what we are seeing .The only pattern I see is a disorganized one.I think that they are trying to get it together but there are growing pains.

Plus, just to make it truly random, I think they throw our files into a month booth like this:post-178505-0-42654500-1413991870_thumb.jpg

USCIS

NVC
08-08-2014: Amended I-864EZ re-sent (I stupidly put AGI instead of Total Income on the form)
10-02-2014: BOTH AOS packages reviewed and accepted together (no checklist! woohoo!) NEVERMIND. HE LIED. SEE BELOW.
10-02-2014: IV package sent (it took an extra month because DHL/Customs lost my husband's birth certificate and police records in September)
10-06-2014: IV package arrived at NVC (you know, because overnight with USPS means four days later)
10-09-2014: Received checklist for AOS packet saying I put the wrong income number. They are wrong. Awaiting review from Supervisor Mari.
10-16-2014: My Senator's office requested an expedite review of our case. This request was submitted by the NVC to the U.S. Embassy on this date.

U.S. Embassy in Panama

08-23-2017: Date of Decision: Approval (Received in mail on 8/28/2017, but not updated online)

Timeline

I just got off the phone with the NVC and the Panamanian embassy approved the expedite request from my Senator (Manchin)! Woohoo!

I'm sure someone will ask on what grounds was my expedite request. I can honestly say that I don't know--I didn't even ask my Senator to push for an expedited case. I just asked his office to get a Supervisor to review my AOS packet (I was checklisted on I864EZ--they said I put the wrong number but I have a photocopy and I did NOT put the wrong number.)

USCIS

NVC

U.S. Embassy in Panama

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know you guys, samreen and soloenta, feel very frustrated and think the end is never near but trust me it'll change one day. We're all destined in life to be somewhere and we all get there with patience. Samreen you mentioned that your marriage is getting effected by this process then trust me when I say this, a case complete doesn't help actually. :(NVC might end the wait but then a new concern of getting through the interview and settling with a new life begins. These worries never end basically. :cry:

That's true! :idea: I remember reading some posts on the Interview thread that they were really happy that they got their interview dates. But, the next day... they started to worry about the interview, and moving to a new country, and settling there. :wacko:

Well, my interview is on Nov 10th. :dance: I'm not nervous at all. :lol: Should I be nervous? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NVC is now reviewing the AOS and IV packages (or IV package and AOS checklist) together. :dancing: They probably started this new procedure that if they scan your second package (meaning they found your first package in the system), they put your second package in a "lost and found" box. :star: When the reviewer reviews your first package, they retrieve your second package from the "lost and found" box (usually IV package or AOS checklist). :idea:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work if you have sent your checklist document after your AOS and IV packages have been reviewed since they can't find your "second" package when they scan your checklist document. :oops: In that case, you'll end up waiting for up to 60 days. :cry:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got off the phone with the NVC and the Panamanian embassy approved the expedite request from my Senator (Manchin)! Woohoo!

I'm sure someone will ask on what grounds was my expedite request. I can honestly say that I don't know--I didn't even ask my Senator to push for an expedited case. I just asked his office to get a Supervisor to review my AOS packet (I was checklisted on I864EZ--they said I put the wrong number but I have a photocopy and I did NOT put the wrong number.)

Congrats! :dance: I'm glad to hear that your senator was helpful since most senators are kind of useless! :lol:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.