scottgema

Renew Passport & Report Marriage same time

13 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I just noticed that the passport renewal requirements regarding renewal with married name change requires a report of marriage doc....but we are doing this in the same visit.

Can this be done? Passport Renewal using the married name? Do we just go to the report of marriage window first and then do the passport?

We can't be the first people to do it this way and calling the embassy is essentially pointless, I either get VMs with no return calls or precorded messages about info I already know.

We have all other required documents.

THANKS!

Edited by scottgema

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

I just noticed that the passport renewal requirements regarding renewal with married name change requires a report of marriage doc....but we are doing this in the same visit.

Can this be done? Passport Renewal using the married name? Do we just go to the report of marriage window first and then do the passport?

We can't be the first people to do it this way and calling the embassy is essentially pointless, I either get VMs with no return calls or precorded messages about info I already know.

THANKS!

Many do the report of marriage and passport renewal in their married name at the same time. My asawa did.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

scottgema, on 29 Sept 2014 - 3:00 PM, said:

Hello All,

THANKS!

It's Government at its finest. Some Philippine Embassy's will allow you to do both at the same time and others require the ROM be completed first and when it has been registered or on its way to Manila for filing then you are allowed to do the passport renewal step. Check with your Embassy as details are on their websites. Wash. D.C. requires the ROM first then the passport can be changed but you can't do both at the same time. This is from personal experience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

At LA consulate, will they gave you back your old passport upon finishing the entire process?

Yes. My asawa has both passports. The old one has been stamped CANCELED

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At that day as well? I change my passport to my married name, its not expired. Because I'm just confused, they didn't returned my passport just the receipt and the tracking number for mailing purposes. For how long will I have to wait for my new passport to arrive?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So fast.. they said it a can take up to 8 weeks. I'm just worried, I just finished my biometrics and what if they will send a letter again for an interview and I don't have my passport with me. Can I show them a photocopy of my passport under maiden name? And just provide additional proof of identification.

People. They are not going to throw you in Jail if you are missing a document. Go to the interview, meeting, fire side chat or whatever and show your receipts and explain your situation. You should always have copies of your important documents, so, bring them with you and explain to the human on the other side of the desk from you what you have done. I can tell you, your not going to be the first person that ever did what you did. Believe me they have seen just about everything. Even the excuse that the dog ate my passport. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

So fast.. they said it a can take up to 8 weeks. I'm just worried, I just finished my biometrics and what if they will send a letter again for an interview and I don't have my passport with me. Can I show them a photocopy of my passport under maiden name? And just provide additional proof of identification.

Passport is listed as a required document to have IF you are required to be interviewed, I would suggest if you do get notice of an interview to maybe reschedule as you get closer to the date and your passport has not arrived.

- I think it was almost 8 weeks after biometrics before we got interviewed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.