NYGirl

INTERVIEW

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Can someone please tell me from their own experience or heard from someone else how long is the interview, what do they usually ask and do they really look at all those papers that your fiance bring with him? :unsure:

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

NYgirl, i researched your question too. It seems like if all of the paperwork is there, it's not bad. But if there are loose ends such as previous marriages, or missing paperwork, it can be a stressful hassle. I've heard of interviews only lasting a few minutes and some that lasted a couple of hours.

I can't wait to find out my girl-friend's experience! :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

what are you filing for, K-1? My now husband interview time wasn't set, but we arrived at the consulate like at 6 in the mornig there was a long line. He got in there like at 8 then they called him like at 9 or so. He said that when he went in the interview was like less then ten minutes but we waited till 1pm to get his visa, the printing was what took a long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Can someone please tell me from their own experience or heard from someone else how long is the interview, what do they usually ask and do they really look at all those papers that your fiance bring with him? :unsure:

I suppose that would depend on the consulate. My wife waited 4 hours for a 10 minute interview. All her paperwork was complete and in order and she was asked only four questions. That was it....

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Do i have to attend the interview with my fiance...i have been taking alot of time off from work due to surgery on my wrist and we are rather busy now at work..does this look bad if i don't show up with him

should i get a doctors note to give to him

Edited by chelben

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
what are you filing for, K-1? My now husband interview time wasn't set, but we arrived at the consulate like at 6 in the mornig there was a long line. He got in there like at 8 then they called him like at 9 or so. He said that when he went in the interview was like less then ten minutes but we waited till 1pm to get his visa, the printing was what took a long time.

So he got his visa the same day? That's great! Why do some get it mailed and others get it the same day?

I think I'm going to be mad if I show up with all these stamps that they ask for if I end up getting the visa the same day LOL

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My interview was in Lima, Peru. I had all my papers in order. I was single and she was divorced once. The interview took maybe 5 minutes. For me ... hours !! .. they asked me:

1.- How many times has you been in USA

2.- How long ?, How many time was the longest ?

3.- When have you met ?

4.- Where have you met ?

5.- Why you were there ?, for business ?, what kind of business ?

6.- How old is she ?

7.- Are you single ?

8.- Do you have kids ?

9.- What she does for living ?

That's all ...

Timeline

I suppose that would depend on the consulate. My wife waited 4 hours for a 10 minute interview. All her paperwork was complete and in order and she was asked only four questions. That was it....

4 hours for 10 minutes? That reminds me of my Dr's office. LOL

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

So he got his visa the same day? That's great! Why do some get it mailed and others get it the same day?

I think I'm going to be mad if I show up with all these stamps that they ask for if I end up getting the visa the same day LOL

You won't be getting it the same day unless you have a reason for it. I have heard of people going back to the Frankfurt consulate two days after the interview to pick it up but I don't think they'll print it right that day. Make sure nothing is missing for the interview and you'll have the visa within a week.

My interview itself lastet maybe 5 minutes without the waiting in between. Alltogether I was in there for maybe 25 minutes.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

You won't be getting it the same day unless you have a reason for it. I have heard of people going back to the Frankfurt consulate two days after the interview to pick it up but I don't think they'll print it right that day. Make sure nothing is missing for the interview and you'll have the visa within a week.

My interview itself lastet maybe 5 minutes without the waiting in between. Alltogether I was in there for maybe 25 minutes.

Hallo! :)

Well, a week isn't bad. I'd rather them mail it than wait forever to get it there. LOL

Oh, what time did you go to the interview? I'm trying to figure out what time I should be out there standing in line.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
My interview was in Lima, Peru. I had all my papers in order. I was single and she was divorced once. The interview took maybe 5 minutes. For me ... hours !! .. they asked me:

1.- How many times has you been in USA

2.- How long ?, How many time was the longest ?

3.- When have you met ?

4.- Where have you met ?

5.- Why you were there ?, for business ?, what kind of business ?

6.- How old is she ?

7.- Are you single ?

8.- Do you have kids ?

9.- What she does for living ?

That's all ...

what happens if there is child who will NOT follow you?

just a curious question

also, when paying for your visa and vaccinations and exams, does it have to be in dollars or their own money?

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.