342 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I last saw my fiancé in Feb 2014. A month ago during a conversation, he said " do you know it's been a year since i last saw you?"..i replied " baby,it's about 8 months "..lol.. my fiancé is going crazy with the delays that you can't think straight y'all. TSC do something befor you have an INSANE man and woman on your HANDS!!

I submitted an inquiry last night for failure ro received approval notice ( last updated info was 12/09/14)..the system says i would get reply by Jan 26 and i wa given inquiry code.

Hopefully, it causes someone ro look at my case. Happy New Year y'all. I pray for good news soon.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I last saw my fiancé in Feb 2014. A month ago during a conversation, he said " do you know it's been a year since i last saw you?"..i replied " baby,it's about 8 months "..lol.. my fiancé is going crazy with the delays that you can't think straight y'all. TSC do something befor you have an INSANE man and woman on your HANDS!!

I submitted an inquiry last night for failure ro received approval notice ( last updated info was 12/09/14)..the system says i would get reply by Jan 26 and i wa given inquiry code.

Hopefully, it causes someone ro look at my case. Happy New Year y'all. I pray for good news soon.

I seen my fiancé in Sept and it's been 4 months to long. I couldn't go almost a year I would go crazy! My fiancé is so calm about the wait I am not!!! I just want TSC to approve us soon!!!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Said goodbye to my fiance this morning at the airport. It was so hard to say goodbye after two amazing weeks and not knowing when the next time will be. :(

I had to leave today too, I Am the beneficiary. We are lucky because we live only 6 hours away from each other.... But still it hurts to spend a week there and leave. NOA1 date was July 29. I hope to get an answer soon. Fiancé said he might try calling today.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Said goodbye to my fiance this morning at the airport. It was so hard to say goodbye after two amazing weeks and not knowing when the next time will be. :(

We feel your pain. This was us on Friday. I could easily use this as a basis to re-define the word "Hell" in any reputable dictionary.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We feel your pain. This was us on Friday. I could easily use this as a basis to re-define the word "Hell" in any reputable dictionary.

Yeah yesterday was Hell. Cried as soon as the alarm clock went off and it was time to get ready for the airport. Cried when we said goodbye, cried on the train ride home. Distracted myself with tv games and watching tv then cried myself to sleep :( Today is better though. I am so done with waiting and I am glad they seem to have slowly started working on July. Soon it will be our turn! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Yeah yesterday was Hell. Cried as soon as the alarm clock went off and it was time to get ready for the airport. Cried when we said goodbye, cried on the train ride home. Distracted myself with tv games and watching tv then cried myself to sleep :( Today is better though. I am so done with waiting and I am glad they seem to have slowly started working on July. Soon it will be our turn! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

I hear you on that one. I was crying last night when I had to pack. We've been together for over 2.5 years and each time we leave each other, it's getting harder.

On the other hand, my Fiancé just called to talk to an agent. Tier 1 told him the same old story. We're processing from may. He asked for a tier 2 agent and talked to someone named David. Basically, we are outside normal processing time, but they are backlogged 84 days and are still processing some applications from May.

He told him to call back at the end of the month. So that will be 6 months.

Thank God I am going back there during the last week of January , so he'll call when I'm there and I can hear the whole conversation. I am the one following VJ and told him to go to a Tier 2 agent.

Now we just have to wait, Again... :clock::cry:

Edited by Chalandrae

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

Timeline

I hear you on that one. I was crying last night when I had to pack. We've been together for over 2.5 years and each time we leave each other, it's getting harder.

On the other hand, my Fiancé just called to talk to an agent. Tier 1 told her the same old story. We're processing from may. He asked for a tier 2 agent and talked to someone named David. Basically, we are outside normal processing time, but they are backlogged 84 day and are still processing some applications from May.

He told him to call back at the end of the month. So that will be 6 months.

Thank God I am going back there too, so he'll call when I'm there and I can hear the whole conversation. I am the one following VJ and told him to go to a Tier 2 agent.

Now we just have to wait, Again... :clock::cry:

Yeah it is so frustrating. We have been together for little over 2.5 years too. I was thinking of going back to visit him in a month or so but I don't think I can take saying goodbye again. I think it's just better to stay and wait.

I thought they were done with May! It's insane. What are they doing over there??? I saw you guys got your NOA1 4 days after us. I hope we won't have to wait much longer. We have given up on calling them. I've read enough of their replies here to know that they know as much as we do and sometimes just give a bs story. It seems a few have managed to speak with someone who knows a bit more but a lot of times it just feels like they give someone a random answer just to get the person off the phone. Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong. Maybe I am just getting very pessimistic.

Hell, I was surprised when he told me that. I was super excited when I saw someone with a NOA1 date of July 28th, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see. But it was also our first time calling. We decided to wait the 5 months and THEN start calling them. What is a couple months compared to all the years we'll spend together?

As much as it's painful to say goodbye, we don't have to say Farewell. This is my opinion, makes it a little bit easier to know I WILL see him again. We pratically see each other once per month, or two. He lives in New York so it's a 6-7 hour trip. But still, we can't be together everyday =(

(By the way, sorry if you have some trouble understanding what I am writing. English is my second language)

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This last year I've made 5 trips to South Africa…and in the next few weeks will be going again. I do wish this process was quicker and wish I filed sooner. I was engaged in May but only filed in July. That's my fault. I expected a wait, but not this long a wait.

Oh yeah…and I made 1 trip to Paris (where she was touring with her friend).

Edited by firecat

I-129F @ TSC

Received - 7/3/14

NOA1 - 7/8/14

Update - 12/9/14

NOA2 - 1/26/15

I always feel so alone until I read these boards. Fritz left on the 28th and I've been inconsolable since. His birthday is next month, so I was hoping that one of us would be able to travel, but he also lost his job 3 days before he left to come down. My only consolation is that this has to be over sometime, and I'll only have to do it once!

Service Center : Texas Service Center          AOS begins!                                                                                            ROC Time!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada (He is a German, but has been living in Canada for the last 5 years)

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-21                           Packet sent: 2015-06-22                                                                          Packet sent: 2017-11-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-29                        NOA1 for I-485 and EAD: 2015-07-02                                                 Receipt notice: 2017-12-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-03                       Biometrics Appt: 2015-07-28                                                                  Biometrics: 2017-12-28

NVC Received:No notice. Case # 2014-02-18    RFE: 2015-07-21 (RFE on I-485)                                              Approved w/o Interview: 2019-1-17

NVC Left : 2015-02-24                             RFE returned: 2015-07-29                                                                         Recieved: 2019-1-24

Consulate Received : 2015-02-26           Response received: 2015-08-03

Interview Date : 2015-04-15                   EAD Approved: 2015-09-04

Interview Result : APPROVED!! :D  EAD card Received: 2015-09-11

Visa Received : 2015-04-21                      Card Production Ordered: 2015-12-10 (No Interview! :D )

US Entry : 2015-04-23

Marriage : 2015-05-09

german_american_flags.jpg

Hey all,

Tried to reach out to the govner and senator but with no reply.. :( so instead a few weeks later I decided to try my local city district leaders and finally we got a reply, 2 actually before I even had the chance to reply back, and he is helping my fiance and I, reach out to our Congressman, and we should hear something within a week or so.... seeing as my phone call with Tier 2 did NOT go as helpful as i was hoping, this gives me a little hope, and I'll happily share anything I can to help all yall too....

Wishful thinking and fingers crossed some more July Approvals start rolling in.......

Tomorrow marks our 6 month mark with not a single word since July 7th :(

Erica & Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Engaged ~ 5.29.2014

Interview ~ 4.24.2015 ~ Approved!!!!

POE Date ~ 5.31.2015

I Do ~ 6.19.2015 :wub:

Sent AOS / EAD /AP ~ 8.22.2015

NOA 1 ~ 8.28.2015

Bio Metrics ~ 9.24.2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey all,

Tried to reach out to the govner and senator but with no reply.. :( so instead a few weeks later I decided to try my local city district leaders and finally we got a reply, 2 actually before I even had the chance to reply back, and he is helping my fiance and I, reach out to our Congressman, and we should hear something within a week or so.... seeing as my phone call with Tier 2 did NOT go as helpful as i was hoping, this gives me a little hope, and I'll happily share anything I can to help all yall too....

Wishful thinking and fingers crossed some more July Approvals start rolling in.......

Tomorrow marks our 6 month mark with not a single word since July 7th :(

I hope you get some positive news soon..... you really have to go through this to appreciate what others are feeling and how fragile it all becomes at times. No one outside this website that I talk to really has a clue. We have had a few health,employment etc issues that have dragged it out but we have no plans to give up. Sounds like you are doing all you can and at 6 months, it has to be soon.. right? With this new contact you've made it may just be the nudge that they need to get you there. (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Hasn't anyone been approved these last few days? Are people still on vacation over there? Is everyone updating their timelines like they should? Haven't seen anyone get approved since January 2nd :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just spoke to my Senators office and I was told they have not heard back from USCIS since they sent in a request on my case before Christmas. I was told because of the holidays everything is behind!! I can only wait and pray to hear something soon. Right now I just feel lost. No answers and when I call and speak to a Tier 2 it's the same thing......my case is waiting to be assigned to an officer.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.