342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We had a SMALL glimmer of hope today. The inquiry I raised with the Tier 2 agent last week has been assigned to an officer for a response, per my case status page.

Hopefully they just see that we're so close to approval and just approve the darn thing instead of telling me to wait! And then do everyone elses!!

TSC is ridiculous :(

Hope you enjoyed the holidays as much as one can in a situation like this :/ how did you get the Tier 2 person to raise an inquiry for you? Everyone I've spoke to said I can't until February, or until the website passes my filing date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hope you enjoyed the holidays as much as one can in a situation like this :/ how did you get the Tier 2 person to raise an inquiry for you? Everyone I've spoke to said I can't until February, or until the website passes my filing date.

My holidays were okay. My fiance and I spent a fair amount of time on Skype and we exchanged presents a few days earlier.

I was lucky to be honest. This was the first Tier 2 agent I had spoken to and now for the life of me, I cannot remember her name. I called in that night and got a Tier 1 agent. She was incredibly rude, unhelpful, unsympathetic and arrogant. I hung up, frustrated and raging and then decided to call back. I asked for a Tier 2 agent straight away and made it very clear that I did not need a Tier 1 agent's help, because they were unable to provide me with any. I was cordial throughout the entire thing. I had a 60 minute wait, was called back when my turn was up, and the agent I got was very nice and understanding.

We talked about the frustrating process and then she said "Since you have not yet heard anything and you are past five months, I am going to raise an inquiry for you.. Can you hold a moment?" I was a bit skeptical, until I saw the next day that our information had been updated on the case status site to tell me they received my inquiry and then...

"12/22/2014

On December 22, 2014, your inquiry about an approval notice that you did not receive, referral number WKDXXXXXXXXXXTSC, was assigned to an officer for response"

As soon as I saw that I knew she had obviously been telling me the truth. I think it's all lucky really. I would call again and ask for another Tier 2 agent.

Good luck! I hope your holidays were well!

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Speculating based solely on the wording of that inquiry, it sounds like it would be for someone who had received their NOA2 but did not receive the hard copy in the mail. I truly hope it benefits your case in some way, but I can't help but think it was just an easy solution for the representative to get you off the phone by doing SOMETHING, knowing that the inquiry she submitted was not appropriate for your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My holidays were okay. My fiance and I spent a fair amount of time on Skype and we exchanged presents a few days earlier.

I was lucky to be honest. This was the first Tier 2 agent I had spoken to and now for the life of me, I cannot remember her name. I called in that night and got a Tier 1 agent. She was incredibly rude, unhelpful, unsympathetic and arrogant. I hung up, frustrated and raging and then decided to call back. I asked for a Tier 2 agent straight away and made it very clear that I did not need a Tier 1 agent's help, because they were unable to provide me with any. I was cordial throughout the entire thing. I had a 60 minute wait, was called back when my turn was up, and the agent I got was very nice and understanding.

We talked about the frustrating process and then she said "Since you have not yet heard anything and you are past five months, I am going to raise an inquiry for you.. Can you hold a moment?" I was a bit skeptical, until I saw the next day that our information had been updated on the case status site to tell me they received my inquiry and then...

"12/22/2014

On December 22, 2014, your inquiry about an approval notice that you did not receive, referral number WKDXXXXXXXXXXTSC, was assigned to an officer for response"

As soon as I saw that I knew she had obviously been telling me the truth. I think it's all lucky really. I would call again and ask for another Tier 2 agent.

Good luck! I hope your holidays were well!

Thanks :) I'm glad that worked for you and hopefully they'll be quicker in getting you a response than they are with everything else. I will try again.

Best

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Speculating based solely on the wording of that inquiry, it sounds like it would be for someone who had received their NOA2 but did not receive the hard copy in the mail. I truly hope it benefits your case in some way, but I can't help but think it was just an easy solution for the representative to get you off the phone by doing SOMETHING, knowing that the inquiry she submitted was not appropriate for your case.

I inquired about the wording after I saw the update and they ensured it that it would say the same no matter what since we are questioning an approval which was or was not received.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Waiting on a call back from a Tier 2 agent instead of holding 36 minutes. Wish me luck on gaining any info!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Vancouver, Canada

I-129F Sent : 7-16-2014

I-129F NOA1 : 7-23-2014

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2-12-2014

NVC Received : Not sure, but mailed to them 2-20-15

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 3-3-15

NVC Left : Not sure but when I checked website on 3-10-15 it says "In Transit"

Consulate Received : 3-17-15

Packet 3 Received : 3-23-15

Packet 3 Sent : 3-26-15

Packet 4 Received : 3-27-15

Interview Date : 6-23-15

Interview Result : Visa Approved

Second Interview (If Required): N/A

Second Interview Result: N/A

Visa Received : 7-3-15

US Entry : 7-8-15

Marriage : 8-11-15

Mail AOS Packet: 8-28-15

AOS Packet received at Chicago lockbox: 8-31-15

Acceptance Text and Email received: 9-3-15

Check cashed: 9-4-15

NOA1 for all packets received: 9-8-15

Biometrics letter received 9-12-15 with appointment scheduled for 9-25-15

Early walk in Biometrics done: 9-22-15

Status changed to EAD/AP card ordered: 10-22-15

EAD/AP card mailed: 10-26-15

EAD/AP card received: 10-29-15

I-485 Approved: 12-19-15

Green Card Received: 12-21-15

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Waiting on a call back from a Tier 2 agent instead of holding 36 minutes. Wish me luck on gaining any info!

For sure!.... Let's hope they are moving quicker now as has been suggested by a few.

All the best !

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good luck

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

For sure!.... Let's hope they are moving quicker now as has been suggested by a few.

All the best !

Thank you! I called the customer service number listed on the USCIS website. I hope that's the one everyone has been calling. Only waiting a minute or two to speak to someone. He gave me the same generic information that I get when I called the automated line and enter my receipt number. I requested a Tier 2 agent. He asked me the reason, and I said I wanted to make an inquiry into my case. He took down some basic information and listed that I requested to be transferred to another person. The wait time was 36 minutes, but the recording said I could request a call back without losing my place in line. That seemed reasonable to me so now I just wait for the call back. I hope it's at least someone that is not rude and will be helpful. I will post the results I get, if any.

Transferred? No

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you! I called the customer service number listed on the USCIS website. I hope that's the one everyone has been calling. Only waiting a minute or two to speak to someone. He gave me the same generic information that I get when I called the automated line and enter my receipt number. I requested a Tier 2 agent. He asked me the reason, and I said I wanted to make an inquiry into my case. He took down some basic information and listed that I requested to be transferred to another person. The wait time was 36 minutes, but the recording said I could request a call back without losing my place in line. That seemed reasonable to me so now I just wait for the call back. I hope it's at least someone that is not rude and will be helpful. I will post the results I get, if any.

I hope you get new information. I called USCIS today and spoke with a Tier 2 officer. I was told my case is still in a queue waiting to be assigned to an officer. It's just a matter of time. It's hard to be patient when you know it's so close to being approved!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

I started this only because the July Filers group has a lot of CSC members and all their posts are making my hopfeully but slightly discourgaing, mainly because I want to be in their shoes, as many of us do, but I figured this would be a better way to keep track of TSC July filers trying to get a decent est. of how things are going at Texas. Best of luck to all!! please feel free to share!!!

My filing date is July 10th. I called last week, they said they are behind and Im looking at another 2 months to hear something. But if you get the word soon, let everyone know i am right behind you.

I started this only because the July Filers group has a lot of CSC members and all their posts are making my hopfeully but slightly discourgaing, mainly because I want to be in their shoes, as many of us do, but I figured this would be a better way to keep track of TSC July filers trying to get a decent est. of how things are going at Texas. Best of luck to all!! please feel free to share!!!

I filed july 10th…..still waiting

Timeline

I hope you get new information. I called USCIS today and spoke with a Tier 2 officer. I was told my case is still in a queue waiting to be assigned to an officer. It's just a matter of time. It's hard to be patient when you know it's so close to being approved!

It is definitely getting harder by the day! I did get my call back from a nice gentleman named Randall. He had me verify my personal info and then said "The normal turn-around time for this type of case is usually four months so I'm going to send a message requesting that a final decision needs to be made on this case. That's what you're wanting me to do right?" I was almost too stunned to speak. I said absolutely, yes, sir, that is what I'm wanting. I explained that I've tried to be patient, but with a baby due in March my patience is starting to wear thin. He said, "Well, I'm going to let them know about that too." Realizing pregnancy isn't a reason to expedite my case, it sure ought to be a reason for them to hurry their butt up when they've had plenty of time already. He put me on hold and then came back and said he sent a message requesting a final decision be made. I asked if he could tell where my case was at in the process, whether it was awaiting approval or if there would be an RFE. He said he saw nothing indicating they needed any more information or he would have asked them to send that notice of an RFE to me again so I'm assuming that's good news that I'm not going to get one. He said it just needed a final decision and he was reminding them that that needed to be done. He said give it at least a week, but it could take longer because they receive lots of messages like this. He said they should respond in the appropriate manner, but they don't have to. I have no idea who THEY actually is, but that's all he kept saying is he's sending THEM a message and THEY should respond appropriately. He did give me a reference number to use when I call back. I think if I don't hear anything by this time next Friday, I will be calling again. I thought it VERY interesting that he said it should have been done in four months when no one else is saying anything even close to that! I really expected him to say six months and I was prepared for that, but when he said four I was totally shocked.

Transferred? No

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

event.png

On a 45 mins wait for a Tier 2.... wishful thinking!!!!

Erica & Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Engaged ~ 5.29.2014

Interview ~ 4.24.2015 ~ Approved!!!!

POE Date ~ 5.31.2015

I Do ~ 6.19.2015 :wub:

Sent AOS / EAD /AP ~ 8.22.2015

NOA 1 ~ 8.28.2015

Bio Metrics ~ 9.24.2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.