BritAbroad2015

London Embassy - Wait Times

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sounds liked you're a day ahead of me!! :-D So keep me posted!! And best of luck with getting to USA when you want too!

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is anything else we can do. "Jaygee" said expect wait 10 working days before receiving letter... so I'm hoping next week/

Cheers,

Amber

Hi Amber

I had an email this morning confirming that my interview is on the 17th October @ 9.00AM

Written confirmation was sent 22nd September (yesterday) but I haven't seen the actual letter yet.

Cheers

Rich

Timeline

Hey,

Congratulations! A bit later then you'd hoped though.... sorry about that.

When you say email confirmation, how did they get your email. I cant remember sending them mine?

Sorry,

Cheers,

Amber

Timeline

Hmmm.... does anyone else think its strange that Sheri&Rich appt is not until 17th October? Especially because other people in this thread had appt dates only 2 or 3 days after receiving their letters?

My wedding is November 1st, but on the time line that Sheri&Rich are on... looks like I will be having to delay. I know the drill.... dont book flights or non-refundable things?! We've tried to be as good as we can with this... and our pastor has been super flexible... its more just letting friends and family know that makes me feel so terrible about it all. I know we are all in the same boat.... but you know what it's like visa family.... good to vent and let it all out. Dont know what I would have done without visajourney.... you guys have been such a help... thank you!!

Praying I have a letter when I get home from work.... xxx

Three weeks from when you get the letter is pretty normal. Jaygee informed them she had a short timeline when she needed to be in the US. AND she lives in London so could easily make it to an interview on very short notice. I would guess there was a cancellation they were able to slot her into. Two days notice via email is not normal processing.

You can contact the embassy and plead urgency, give a good reason, and tell them you are available on very short notice. Maybe they will be able to accommodate you.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Oh, I didnt realise thats what Jaygee had done- that makes more sense now. I thought it didnt seem logical that there was such a difference in waiting time.

I live only 50 minutes from london, so could be there very quickly. But I dont know how to get hold of them unfortunately... I've tried calling the switchboard, but seem to go round in circles. I guess it might still work so I can get married on Nov 1st.... I'll might just have to get picked up from the airport and dropped straight at the church ha ha! I'll wait for my letter/email and see what date I get and go from there.... not sure if my case could be classified as urgent... more like impatient unfortunately.

Cheers,

Amber

Timeline

I received an email because I had sent an email asking if my interview had been allocated as I hadn't seen a letter and was concerned it may have gone missing.

I have already replied back via email to the embassy asking if the interview can be brought forward as it's the petitioners birthday on the 10th October and her daughters is on the 8th October and our wedding plans were for the 1st October which are obviously under threat.

If I get a reply, I will post the answer.

Best

Rich

Timeline

Hey Rich,

Thanks for letting me know. Best of luck for you and getting a quick response.... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family!!!!

And I too will keep you posted on my interview date, maybe I'll have mine when I get back from work.

Cheers,

Amber

Oh, I didnt realise thats what Jaygee had done- that makes more sense now. I thought it didnt seem logical that there was such a difference in waiting time.

I live only 50 minutes from london, so could be there very quickly. But I dont know how to get hold of them unfortunately... I've tried calling the switchboard, but seem to go round in circles. I guess it might still work so I can get married on Nov 1st.... I'll might just have to get picked up from the airport and dropped straight at the church ha ha! I'll wait for my letter/email and see what date I get and go from there.... not sure if my case could be classified as urgent... more like impatient unfortunately.

Cheers,

Amber

Amber, do you read all the threads in the UK FORUM or only the ones you start? I know this link has been posted a lot. Contact form: http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

That's the only way to get to the people who can help you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick. I do try read other posts... but appreciate your help anyways. Looks like you're originally from Oxford... thats near me. What part of Oxford are you from?

Timeline

The London Consulate refused my request via email to move my interview forward in date from 17th October.

Thought I would let you know.

Rich

Timeline

The London Consulate refused my request via email to move my interview forward in date from 17th October.

Thought I would let you know.

Rich

Sorry to hear that!

3/17/2014 I-129f Sent
3/20/2014 Received at Texas lockbox
3/24/2014 NOA 1
8/18/2014 Expedite requested via phone call to USCIS Tier 2 customer service representative
8/22/2014 E-mail received requested evidence for expedite
8/22/2014 Scanned and E-mailed evidence needed
8/25/2014 Text Received, NOA2 approved
8/29/2014 NOA2 Hard copy in the mail.
8/29/2014 Case shipped to NVC

9/9/2014 Received by NVC

9/11/2014 Case Number assigned by NVC

9/12/2014 Left NVC

9/17/2014 Arrived in London

9/22/2014 Medical

9/25/2014 Medical results received at the Embassy

10/6/2014 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10/10/2014 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

10/16/2014 Visa in hand!!!

10/17/2014 POE Boston!

12/7/2014 Marriage!!!!

AOS

12/23/2014 Filed paperwork

12/30/2014 NOA 1

1/22/2015 Bio Appointment

2/10/2015 RFE (needed more proof of income for i-864a)

2/12/2015 Replied to RFE

2/18/2015 Reply to RFE received.

Timeline

Hi all,

I'm just a bit behind you in the process. I sent my packet 3 last Wednesday and Medical last Thursday. I tried contacting them asking for a quick interview date or to be put on a waiting list for cancellations but they responded basically saying that I just need to wait. I'm contemplating phoning the immigrant visa interview booking number to see if they can change the interview date and I was wondering if anyone had tried this yet?

I have a flight booked for the 15th October (although it is flexible) so hoping that maybe I'll be squeezed in before that!

Asha

Timeline

Hey,

I haven't tried getting an earlier appointment, mainly because others havent been successful. Also, the telephone no. for London Embassy makes it hard to actually speak to someone. My fiance and I have had more success with him calling from USA, there is a different number to call. He actually managed to speak to someone with that method. I reckon your appointment wont be too far away now, mine is 14th October. So about a month after my medical. So possibly the 25th October could be around when your interview is? Other people might have more concrete advice, I'm still trying to work it out myself.

Cheers and good luck x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.