BritAbroad2015

London Embassy - Wait Times

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

So I'm just waiting for my interview now.... so that's great news. I've completed all necessary paperwork, and medical is done. Can any recent filers give me any indication how long you waited for your interview once embassy received your medical results? 1 month? 2 months?

Thanks so much, I'm meant to be getting married November 1st.... so hoping all goes quickly. Fingers crossed.

Hope you are all having a good day,

Cheers,

Amber

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

Inquiry about case status

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

My medical was on the 2nd of september. Letter sent on the 11th and my interview is on the 17th so it's very possible yon will be able to make it over

Timeline

Hey,

Thanks for that update, that is great news!! So what happens? The letter arrives and then you call them and schedule interview?

Good luck with yours. When do you plan on going to states?

Cheers,

Amber

Hey,

Thanks for that update, that is great news!! So what happens? The letter arrives and then you call them and schedule interview?

Cheers,

Amber

The letter arrives and tells you the date and time already picked for you to be there. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Hey,

Cheers,

Amber

the letter arrives, then you pretty much just follow the instructions and pay for the visa which was £161.50. You then have the option of where you want it delivered. I chose not to get home delivery as the depot was only 20 minutes from where i live. Then the nerves kick in haha.

Well i actually booked a concert in NY to suprise my fiance on the 30th of september and from what ive read that should be possible if there are no hiccups. Ive found a flight on the 27th of september with norwegian air that i will book if im approved on wednesday that gives me 10 days to receive my visa.

Heres a tip after my medical my case was updated 2 more times on the ceac website. I assume the first was them receiving the results and the second was when they sent the letter, so just keep checking for updates on there.

Timeline

When you say updates on CEAC....Im confused as to where to look. I enter my confirmation no. and it just brings up a screen thats says no status?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Amber

am i under immigrant or non immigrant?

Sorry if obvious question..

Cheers.,

Amber

Timeline

Weird... when i enter my case number on immigrant visa it says my case is ready for interview. When I enter into non-immigrant visa it isnt recognised.

When I googled it, it says K1 is non-immigrant visa. Now I'm confused!

Any help please.

Cheers,

Amber

Immigrant is where you look because you process with the Immigrant Visa Unit. enter LNDxxxxxxxx (letters and numbers)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Okay.... figured it out. CEAC needs you to enter in immigrant section as that is the intent after entering on a non-immigrant k1 visa.

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

Amber

Timeline

Okay.... figured it out. CEAC needs you to enter in immigrant section as that is the intent after entering on a non-immigrant k1

visa.

Cheers,

Amber

It will keep saying ready until you have had your interview the only thing that will change is the date your case is updated. I'd assume you should get your letter in 10 business days or so but as to the interview date it's anyone's guess I only got very short notice

Timeline

Okay.... figured it out. CEAC needs you to enter in immigrant section as that is the intent after entering on a non-immigrant k1 visa.

Cheers,

Amber

Hi,

When was your case last updated on the CEAC website as I am 4 days behind you.

Rich

Timeline

Hi Rich,

Mine says 18th September last updated, and is at the ready stage. So I'm expecting a letter real soon hopefully.... letting me know when interview date is.

How about you?

Do you have a planned date to go USA?

Cheers,

Amber

Timeline

Hi Rich,

Mine says 18th September last updated, and is at the ready stage. So I'm expecting a letter real soon hopefully.... letting me know when interview date is.

How about you?

Do you have a planned date to go USA?

Cheers,

Amber

Mine arrived at the consulate on the 11th and was update on the 12th and the 17th and now waiting for the interview letter or at least I am guessing I am waiting for the letter as there is no way of checking unless you know better?

I would like to be back in the USA at the latest 7th October although I put the 30th September down as the preferred date on the readiness form.

Cheers

Rich

Timeline

Sounds liked you're a day ahead of me!! :-D So keep me posted!! And best of luck with getting to USA when you want too!

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is anything else we can do. "Jaygee" said expect wait 10 working days before receiving letter... so I'm hoping next week/

Cheers,

Amber

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.