BlueRain77

Woo Hoo!!!!!

59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay..I am getting married too.

Went to have a taste testing with our caterer last night!

Tasted our wedding cake...well I tasted Mine and Chris' wedding cake.

We are actually having 16 different cakes.

Tasted all the food!!

It made me so excited! 5 months and I will be a married girl to the man of my dreams.

I also got my veil and sparkly head thingy majig....

I am so excited!! For all of us!

alright my mood is better. Thanks guys!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Verrrrry True. Lol can you tell the work day is over in the UK? I keep getting email notices left & right from VJ.

Hey everyone, you don't have to answer this, but I am just curious, How did you all meet? Was it travel, school, online??

Pjc & I met online.

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Verrrrry True. Lol can you tell the work day is over in the UK? I keep getting email notices left & right from VJ.

Hey everyone, you don't have to answer this, but I am just curious, How did you all meet? Was it travel, school, online??

Pjc & I met online.

Think I told ya...I think.

We met online. A drummers forum. Through friends...fell in love when we met I'd say!

Or at least didn't deny it was love.

Know him for 4 years, been a couple for 3

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline

Pjc & I met online.

Griff & I met in Chicago at a business conference in Sept. '04.

Timeline

lol I have a horrible memory. I probably forgot if you did. lol although I think I remember something about the drum forum so you probably did. :lol:

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

ficFm7.png

event.png

lol I have a horrible memory. I probably forgot if you did. lol although I think I remember something about the drum forum so you probably did. :lol:

*grin* well now you know!!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline
Yay..I am getting married too.

Went to have a taste testing with our caterer last night!

Tasted our wedding cake...well I tasted Mine and Chris' wedding cake.

We are actually having 16 different cakes.

Tasted all the food!!

It made me so excited! 5 months and I will be a married girl to the man of my dreams.

I also got my veil and sparkly head thingy majig....

I am so excited!! For all of us!

alright my mood is better. Thanks guys!

Oh my god, 16 cakes!!

We're gonna have a pretty low-key courthouse wedding and a nice party at my mom's house. I'm still putting lots of thought into my outfit and jewelry, but there won't be a veil or traditional foofy wedding dress. My mom had kinda decided we would order a couple cakes from a bakery, but, over Christmas when I was there I made a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and cinnamon cream frosting that was basically the best thing any of us had ever put in our mouths, so we're gonna go with that instead.

I got a new apartment a couple weeks ago and my mom bought me a totally fantastic queen sized mattress as a wedding gift, so that's just peachy, and it looks like I'm not gonna be alone on it for too much longer. (L)

Now I gotta make up a list of people getting wedding notifications/invites and think about what'll be a good date! And I have to get pearls and silver settings for my necklace, because all I have right now is the loose gems and lots of sketches. And I have to keep looking at shoes, because I'm not sure I've found the right pair yet.

And we have to figure out what'll be the cheapest flight to get him here. I have Delta miles to buy him a ticket from any POE to Indiana, so he can basically just fly wherever's cheapest. Within reason. I suppose I wouldn't make him go to California just to save money.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is..

YAAAY!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

Oh yeah, we met online, on an IRC channel associated with a general discussion forum.

signature here

Timeline

lol I just noticed the Cakes post! :blink: I think I would be sick. We are getting married at my parent's house (its on a hill near a beautiful lake). Very small. Still haven't thought about what to serve or cake or the date as we are still unsure of when he is coming over. We may wait a little while, we may not...kinda up in the air.

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

ficFm7.png

event.png

I know 16 cakes seems a little insane but let me explain.

They are small two layer, regular 8 serving cakes. There will be one on each table. So instead of center pieces we have cakes decorated with flowers. Cuts out the cost of a full wedding cake. We have 6 different flavours so everyone is happy. Plus instead of bridesmaids...(my sister is my only maid of honor) I have all my cousins and girl friends being cake cutters. They can wear what they want! :)

heishe: it's all so exciting isn't it. I have 5 months as I say and it has gone by so fast so far. SHOCKED to say that but it has.

BlueRain77: Our wedding is kinda small...it isn't formal really, around a lake as well!

We've been really lucky with all of our catering and dress finding etc. Great deals!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And we have to figure out what'll be the cheapest flight to get him here. I have Delta miles to buy him a ticket from any POE to Indiana, so he can basically just fly wherever's cheapest. Within reason. I suppose I wouldn't make him go to California just to save money.

Have you thought about flying into Cincy? It is a good POE and only about 2 hours from Indianapolis. Add on whatever it would be to get to Bloomington (hour?). I flew into there in December. Delta do a direct flight from Gatwick too.

we always fly back and forth direct from Atlanta....but everyone says that is a horrible POE...I am so torn!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline

Have you thought about flying into Cincy? It is a good POE and only about 2 hours from Indianapolis. Add on whatever it would be to get to Bloomington (hour?). I flew into there in December. Delta do a direct flight from Gatwick too.

I got a super deal on Delta and flew out of Cincy to visit him last year. It's only 2.5 hours driving from Bloomington and a really pretty route, so better to just drive there than connect from Indy, imho. I would love to fly him in there, but so far all the late Feb prices I've found for Cincy are really high! And my Delta miles aren't enough to get him an international ticket. :(\

So far a $410 Air India ticket to JFK is the best we've found.

signature here

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got a super deal on Delta and flew out of Cincy to visit him last year. It's only 2.5 hours driving from Bloomington and a really pretty route, so better to just drive there than connect from Indy, imho. I would love to fly him in there, but so far all the late Feb prices I've found for Cincy are really high! And my Delta miles aren't enough to get him an international ticket. :(\

So far a $410 Air India ticket to JFK is the best we've found.

I think I paid 320 quid for mine ($500 or so). Actually, pretty cheap for mid December. Larry just picked me up from Cincy and we drove to Greencastle. Took about 3 hours.

Edited by mags

Timeline

cool. lol I actually got my dress back during the summer before we were ever officially engaged. Got the rings in November. Got my daughters dress. My mom's found a caterer who also does cakes, and my mom's friend is a photographer. Just need someone to marry us! lol...oh and a date!

Oooh found a really cool place here in Washington that does Christmas crackers & will do wedding themed crackers as well. They will put the basics and you can add stuff. We thought that would be fun for our favours. Im soooo excited!!

Wondering if I can just talk Pjc into coming back with me on Feb 24! lol

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

ficFm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.