sharky

On-line tracking system of I-601's submitted in London

495 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sharky

Yes Kefalonia was awesome and beautiful! We stayed in Lassi but went to Argostoli quite often and had a car one day and went to Sami, Myrtos Beach, Assos and up to Fiskardo. The whole island was just gorgeous. We loved Sami the most though! The beach there was just amazing with all the fish and clear water...we took the snorkels and have beautiful pics with the underwater camera.....

Mary,

I just used my passport with my maiden name on it.....We set up a appointment with the Home Office and had a short interview with them and then came back about a hour later and picked up our passport with my new visa in it. It is valid for 2 years. It cost £500 though. It was good till November but we figured the sooner the better then I could start working!!! That is one expensive passport now! I actually had a job offer before I got the new visa so it worked out perfectly....cause I was able to start work the next day. I do take my passport and marriage certificate with me if I go anywhere where they need to see my name....bank, etc. The bad thing is the passport is good for another 8.5 years....so oh well! BTW it was cheaper to send everything in but it said it could take anywhere from 4-14 weeks so we just decided to go in person...it was I think £380 to mail it in.

Anyway talk to you all later

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sharky

Yes Kefalonia was awesome and beautiful! We stayed in Lassi but went to Argostoli quite often and had a car one day and went to Sami, Myrtos Beach, Assos and up to Fiskardo. The whole island was just gorgeous. We loved Sami the most though! The beach there was just amazing with all the fish and clear water...we took the snorkels and have beautiful pics with the underwater camera.....

Mary,

I just used my passport with my maiden name on it.....We set up a appointment with the Home Office and had a short interview with them and then came back about a hour later and picked up our passport with my new visa in it. It is valid for 2 years. It cost £500 though. It was good till November but we figured the sooner the better then I could start working!!! That is one expensive passport now! I actually had a job offer before I got the new visa so it worked out perfectly....cause I was able to start work the next day. I do take my passport and marriage certificate with me if I go anywhere where they need to see my name....bank, etc. The bad thing is the passport is good for another 8.5 years....so oh well! BTW it was cheaper to send everything in but it said it could take anywhere from 4-14 weeks so we just decided to go in person...it was I think £380 to mail it in.

Anyway talk to you all later

well... if it was my maiden name i wouldnt mind so much... I just don't feel like carrying my ex husbands name for 8 more years :(

somehow i will have to get in touch with the embassy and find out if i can get a new passport with my new name on time to do the limited leave to remain. my current visa expires january 11th. I had it start on july 11th hoping I could get here in mid july but that didnt work out. my house sold faster than I thought it would so I stayed for the closing date which was july 31st. then i had 30 days to vacate and it turned out I needed every second of that... i ended up leaving tons of stuff for the new owners... it just was not possible to sort 30 years worth of stuff in the time I had. to do it properly would have taken a couple of years. seriously! Our original plan was for tom and i to live there for a few years, fix up the place so it would bring more money, ebay alot of the stuff that was in the house, and then pick out a new place together nearer to my kids and grandkids.

my son filled his van about 5 times with stuff to try to sell for me.. .he has had a couple of garage sales but now he and his wife are overwhelmed by how much stuff is still there. I think they are going to give most of it away. the way things have worked out (the denial) we have taken a huge financial loss.

we will go in person as well to apply for the limited leave to remain. I think we have to go to Croyden.

well back to bed for me... tom left for work a few minutes ago and i got up with him.. he had to be in at 5am.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Filed: Other Timeline
my son filled his van about 5 times with stuff to try to sell for me.. .he has had a couple of garage sales but now he and his wife are overwhelmed by how much stuff is still there. I think they are going to give most of it away. the way things have worked out (the denial) we have taken a huge financial loss.

Hi Mary - I read your posts to keep up with you. One of these days we will get to talk. We're busy here with marching season. Plus my schedule is whacked with Wes' work hours....

About that financial loss stuff.....I wouldn't dwell on that. You don't know what it would have been like if your 'dream' scenario had happened. Tom would have been giving up a VERY good job in the UK in order to come to America. It's hard to say how long it would have taken him to become re-certified over here and get a good position here. Plus there's the issue of health insurance. Wes has been here a year now and it's HARD to get restarted in America at our age. It might have worked out well for you and Tom here - but since you don't know that, it's probably healthier to move on past any 'regret' you have and just try to forget about it.

When people come to America to live they give up a lot. Try to remember that whenever you long for what you left behind. It was you instead of him giving up stuff. I'm sure he appreciates that.

I'll be watching for your post on the 9th......*smile*

I agree with you Rebecca and all I will add to that is good luck for the 9th for a lovely couple, let us have some photos mary :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Drumbroll please.........................

The big friday update.............one case added.......................

and I bother to look........why? :lol::lol::lol:

Just have to laugh

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not that I'm part of the London crew waiting for my Waiver to be processed but I thought I'd post here anyway. There's not many Canadians in my shoes, waiting for an approval of a waiver from Montreal.

Anyway- husband called me today to tell me that our Local Senator for Louisiana, called the Embassy in Montreal and they were informed that are case was FINALLY left Montreal, and was sent to the Department of Homeland Security. That's right, after 2 years, it is finally being sent to DHS! Now if it went any slower I don't know what I'd do. The Embassy said they mailed off our completed packet on September 11th of all dates! So does anyone want to take a guess at how long DHS will look at our waiver. I'm figuring my March/April, we might get an answer. Maybe I should take up a pool and the person who guessed closest will get a 12 pack of Canadian Beer!

I dare say it's very safe for me to say that next to Mary I'm probably one of the few people who's case has taken this long to process.

Jo

P.S sorry for typo's-hurt (sprained) my thumb and find it difficult to type.

And Edited for typo's-sorry if i missed any. Cheers.

Edited by new orleans bound

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Hi New Orleans,

Stop in anytime. It's just me left in the London group right now. Most everyone else has got their decision on their waiver. They check in on me often even though I've done nothing but whine for the past few weeks. :yes: And bless their hearts they still come in and check on me. :P I'm just getting very impatient because when we first started this the wait time in London was 8 to 12 weeks. Then 12 to 15 and right before ours got close they took any estimate of time off. We just started our 19th week and have been under review for 3 weeks. I know we should be hearing something soon but it's sooooooooo nerve wrecking. I know London is usually one of the quicker to do waivers but it still seems like an eternity.

I can't believe your still sane after all that time waiting just for your waiver to make it to DHS. Probably one of the closest embassy's to the United States and it takes 2 years for it to get there? It is just mind blowing. I guess nothing in the process should surprise me but it does. I won't take your bet with the beer. I don't like beer much but I do hope you hear something sooner than you think. :thumbs:

I know it doesn't help but I do wish you all the best. Oh and I hope your thumb feels better soon.

Vicky

Edited by Baileyj96

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Hi Vicky

time to check up on you again :lol: good to see that you are still retaining a sense of humour through all this, bet you go and get well p*****d when you get that approval and who would blame you.

Sending so much MOJO your way Vicky, I think you will hear a huge WOOOOOHOOOO all over the world when you get the yes :thumbs:

Lots of hugs to you Vicky (F)

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

:D Hi munchkins,

Yeah I'm still laughing but I think it's from madness now. :jest: I think I've done went loopy :lol:

It's just so insane. One minute I'm fine and the next it's doom and gloom. I've decided it best if I set my goal for the end of this month. I might be able to deal with things better if I look at it that way. So I'm going to try my best to be patient until October 31st. IF we get good news then he still wants to try to come over before Thanksgiving. If we don't hear something by then, well I would suggest that no children come here knocking for Halloween. :lol::lol: I'll be busy howling at the moon that night. :unsure:

Well I'm off to go hunting......... I've got a mouse in the house and I've declaired war.......... :P Nasty boogers.

thanks for checking on me. :yes:

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

If we don't hear something by then, well I would suggest that no children come here knocking for Halloween

:lol::lol: sorry Vicky, but that's too funny.

What the heck is going on...can't believe it's been so long and you still haven't heard anything :angry:

COME ON LONDON....LET'S SEE THOSE APPROVALS :dance::dance:

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

• 2 weeks later...

:o Hey.............. look at the new waiver list.

Someone's bored again. :lol:

I couldn't help it, i just had to peek

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Had a look Vicky but I knew we would not be on it. I sent the memorandums back to the DHS yesterday but forgot to put Alan's case number on them so I emailed them yesteday to explain and this morning I had a reply, they have not received his case from Immigration Visa unit yet ;)

So much for the CO who said he would ensure the case went upstairs by Friday YEH, load of b*****t don't believe a word they say now ;) Hope that is Sean's that we see on there :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Nope not me who was just added,thx for all your concern and advice,i have emailed them contacted them by phone and had senators contact them as well as lawyers still no definite answers,what i need to do is find someone without an LND number and see if they were sent a postcard,ty Sean.

Sean, I am so sorry that it is not your case, with seeing Dublin I was praying that it was yours, I do hope that you get it sorted quickly :thumbs:

Well I vowed I would not keep looking at the waiver list, well not everyday :whistle: but it is just as addictive as USCIS and the NVC ;) and I cannot help it :crying::crying:

It is going to be such a wonderful feeling when I see Alan's case on there :thumbs: just one more step on the ladder so to speak and then up and onwards, hopefully taking not too long :thumbs:

Reallyworried, where are you, we need to know if you have had any success in finding out what is going on, please let us know :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.