sharky

On-line tracking system of I-601's submitted in London

495 posts in this topic

Hi Vicky,

Having someone caring for you or not, or whether you kicked them out of your house :P ...I'm glad to hear that you are back on your feet :thumbs:

Last time my hubby visited me was early March...kinda like you Vicky. We are going to wait it out too, the tickets are crazy expensive at the moment :( I don't think that you'll need to wait till October, I think August sounds more realistic. London actually does move fast, before I saw that others got approved around the 8 week mark and that's including the waiting to get their case in system :yes: we are actually waiting a loooong time with our 12 -15 weeks :crying:

When will I be leaving?? I'll be on the first plane once I get my Visa and passport back - if there's no seat, I'll be clutching the airplane wheels :lol: just kidding....

Okie, do you guys think that there'll be anymore updates this week?? well, I have seen them update the list 2-3 times a week, so let's hope that they'll complete a couple of cases this week :D:thumbs:

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok you cracked me up. I'm sitting at my dest at work laughing and nobody is around. :wacko: I keep imagining you "clutching" the side of the plane. :lol:

We are thinking October because he has a lot of loose ends to tie up once he finds out for sure. He has to leave his job, sell his car and things like that. Hopefully that won't take too long.

Oh yeah I think we will get another update. This last one was kind of pitiful. :yes: so if not today then tomorrow I think. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Well i better get busy doing something.

See ya,

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

:lol::lol: ya, it's great how we make up funny stuff to release stress - you always crack me up Vicky with your funny replies :thumbs:

Oh I see, that's why you want to wait till October :yes: Me, I don't have any loose ends to tie here....well, nothing mayor really - so I'm free to clutch any airplane at any time ^_^:P

Last time they updated the list June 8th, there were a bit happening, but this update June 14th is like you said "pityful", so since June 8th there's not been any approvals or completed cases :huh: Guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow or next week.

:dance:GOOOO LONDON :dance:

Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, you two, you're having entirely too much fun for this board! :D I've been so busy at work, I can barely think straight. I guess that's a blessing right now, since I don't have tons of time to sit around ruminating on what could be going on with our case! Do you guys think it would be worth the effort to get our senator involved? If you've been paying attention to the immigration debates, you'll die when you hear who it is! My senator is none other than Tom Tancredo. I wonder how he would react to our particular situation? Anyway, we're just fed up with waiting around. Seems like their reply to my email was more pacifying the crazy lady than actual reality of reviewing our case! :angry: However, I'm feeling remarkably positive, like whenever they've satisfied themselves that he's okay, they'll be able to approve our petition. I know, you're probably thinking, Dream on lady, but that's what I'm going to think until Iknow different, I guess. Oh, the drama in our lives. What in the world will we do with ourselves when we're not stressing about immigration? Oh, yeah, get on with the business of living our lives, having children, doing what normal people do!! :D I want to do that!

Weighing in on the last time we saw each other, I'm appalled to realize it's been nine big, long months!! :o We both thought for sure we would be done with the process a lot sooner than we are and wanted to save our money. Thank goodness for webcam! So we are itching to be together!!!!!

Well, you guys have a good Friday. Hoping for an update for us! Maybe even a big fat complete!!

Really glad you're feeling better, Vicky! Being sick really sucks!

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

so glad to hear that you are feeling positive about the whole thing -yea, I'm doing the same as you, thinking positive and making plans as if we were approved, otherwise I'd go crazy....wouldn't know what to think anymore :wacko:

Wow... 9 months :blink: that's a very very long time... but you'll see him very soon, I bet he'll be on the first flight too :P

I'm a pack rat like him too, I can already tell that I cannot fit everything that I want to bring ( note: nothing important, but I just have a lot of junk ha ha) into the kilo's a flight usually offers. My husband cannot understand why I insist on keeping all the ####### ha ha, guess it's just an old habit :P

I think it's great that they sent you an email letting you know that it's only 1-2 more weeks, perhaps they are just waiting for the fingerprints check to clear or something small, and then they'll issue you guys the Visa...oh the joy....it's almost next week, it's funny how we count weeks and days here. I never really paid much attention to which month had 30 days and 31 days, but now I know exactly how many days every month has :yes:

Okies today is already Friday wow... it's great that we're all staying positive - hopefully they'll update the list today and complete a few cases, or next week will bring wonderful news :thumbs:

Have a great weekend all :luv:

Timeline:

Hey guys,

Well I've been looking this morning but nothing yet. I'm at work now so who knows If i will be able to see if it they do an update. lol

Hey tiff I think I would call the senators office. What would it hurt and I think it might be a good way to see if they were really working on your case. If you get the same answer both ways then I would think they really were working on it. Just a thought. Yeah I know what you mean about getting on with our lives. I keep wanting to tell someone............. hey we aren't getting any younger here. I keep teasing my fiance about us having wheelchair races and poking him with my cane when he gets here. :lol: You guys are planning on families and we are planning on retirement. :o It just seems like forever but once everything works out the memories of this will fade a bit I think.

Hey I actually did a bit of shopping last night. I splerged and got myself a couple of tops that were on sale. Whoo Hoo. I felt a little guilty because I've been trying to save some money back but these were such a good deal I just couldn't resist. I also picked up my dad's fathers day present. Got a great deal on that too. Now all i have left to do this weekend is mow the yard clean the house, do the laundry, get groceries................................. Oh I have so much fun on the weekends..........

Oh if we get an update today you guys might have to let me know. he he he

Have a good one you two

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Hey everyone!

Nine months Tiff??!! wow you and Cas deserve a medal for that.

I REALLY hope you hear something soon, this whole thing must be terrible for you. Courtney and myself are praying and hoping that you don't have to go through this waiting for much longer. We check that pdf doc nearly every day just wanting to see complete next to your number!

hang in there!

hope everyone is well on the forum! :thumbs:

it's gonna be a scorcher today in CA, B)

have a good day!

Nope...no update, nothing, nada :(

But it's great to hear that everyone is doing well, Vicky has some great plans for this weekend :P That's pretty much what I do here too, I don't socialize as much anymore - I just never feel up for it anymore - I'll celebrate when it's all over :dancing:

Paul,

how did the "immigration interview" go at the airport, you have to share with us and all the dirty details too :P What are the next step for you then?? You guys have 90 days to get married, am I right?? and then you have to submit some more forms.....but I guess that's easy breezy considering what you went through first here with the I-601 ^_^

Have a great day all :luv:

Timeline:

Beetee,

The POE thing is painless really! The POE officer just opens your envelope, stamps a few things and then takes it (with you) to a side office.

Here (well in JFK) there are a few happy happy immigration officers, sorry being sarcastic there! :P

anyway there were about 4-5 people in front of me, and then an officer finally gets to your document. They fiddle on their computer and then call your name and hand back your passport, if you're lucky they may well wish you "welcome to America", in reality they're grumpy and may ask you when you intend to get married, which is what happened to me.

and then you're on your way!

really all very painless!

yeah next step is get my SSN, then apply for a CA drivers license, get married and then start the whole AOS journey!

it never stops does it! :P

Thanks Paul for the info at POE, it's great to hear that it went fairly quickly and painfree :thumbs:

Yea, it sounds like you still have some work to do with immigration....pheewww, and not to mention the rest, such as: wedding, looking for a job and drivers license. But being with Courtney just makes it all so much easier right?? :P

Re. the drivers license, for how long can you use your UK license? and when do you have to apply for the CA dl - do you know?? LOL, you just got there, and I'm already asking too many questions ha ha :lol: I'm so sorry :blush: ..you don't have to answer if you have not gotten to it.

Take care everyone and have a great Saturday :luv:

Timeline:

Hay Beetee,

I don't mind the questions!

as it turns out a valid UK drivers licence if fine to drive in CA... and from what I've heard from other threads it seems there's no point in applying for a CA licence until you get your temp EAD card (when applying for AOS), because most DMV's won't issue you with one until you have one of these documents to prove your legally appying for perminent residency.

but hey it's no big deal here, I can still drive legally and that's all that matters.

SSN's next and with that I think you can open a bank account etc.

:thumbs:

Hey you two. You guys having a party without us? :D I noticed we didn't get zilch Friday. I swear these people read this board and just like messing with us. :lol: I actually have heard of some of the officers at the embassy reading but I really doubt they are reading our thread. ;)

Well beetee you have been wanting some summer weather there. I'm officially sending you over some. It's so freaking hot here I've got things sweating that I didn't know could sweat. :blink: I got the yard mowed last night and it was so dry I was blowing dust and I think I was covered from head to toe. I think I almost clogged up the shower drain. :) It's 90 today so I'm going to send you about 15 degrees. Hopefully that will help you out some.

Hey Paul it sounds like things are on the go for you guys. I've been checking into the AOS stuff too. Counting my chicken before they hatch I guess. My fiance has to drive with a learners permit for 60 days before he can get his license. Can you imagine someone his age driving with a permit? :lola: Oh well I don't think he really minds. I let him drive my car once out here in the bones and I think it made him really nervous. Can't really blame him though. I don't think I would do very well if I drove over there either. Geez not only does he have to drive on the other side of the road, he has the steering wheel on the other side too. I'm really not too sure who will survive these driving lessons. I might not do so well myself trying to help him. :lol:

Well you guys have a good weekend. I'm going back to sweating and drinking iced tea. :thumbs:

Vicky

Hey you two. You guys having a party without us? :D I noticed we didn't get zilch Friday. I swear these people read this board and just like messing with us. :lol: I actually have heard of some of the officers at the embassy reading but I really doubt they are reading our thread. ;)

Well beetee you have been wanting some summer weather there. I'm officially sending you over some. It's so freaking hot here I've got things sweating that I didn't know could sweat. :blink: I got the yard mowed last night and it was so dry I was blowing dust and I think I was covered from head to toe. I think I almost clogged up the shower drain. :) It's 90 today so I'm going to send you about 15 degrees. Hopefully that will help you out some.

Hey Paul it sounds like things are on the go for you guys. I've been checking into the AOS stuff too. Counting my chicken before they hatch I guess. My fiance has to drive with a learners permit for 60 days before he can get his license. Can you imagine someone his age driving with a permit? :lola: Oh well I don't think he really minds. I let him drive my car once out here in the bones and I think it made him really nervous. Can't really blame him though. I don't think I would do very well if I drove over there either. Geez not only does he have to drive on the other side of the road, he has the steering wheel on the other side too. I'm really not too sure who will survive these driving lessons. I might not do so well myself trying to help him. :lol:

Well you guys have a good weekend. I'm going back to sweating and drinking iced tea. :thumbs:

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

whoops..........something strange was going on with that last post. only read 1/2 of it. LOL

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Hey Vicky,

Yeah it's bloody hot here too!!! I was just driving back from dropping Courtney off at work and I went past the bank that has that temp gauge on it..... 96 F!!!!! that's freakin 36 deg celcius!!

I'm melting out here I tell you!! :D The steering wheel of the car was so hot to touch I thought I would need oven gloves to drive.... :P

I'm not doing too bad out here with the driving but I think I'll let Courtney guide me for a while longer, nearly had a little collision on the freeway before!!! :o , but I'm getting the hang of things!

oh well I'm off to sit in a cold bath!!! B)

Yeah Paul I hope you have air conditioning. That's the only thing saving me right now. I will say don't let it get to you. People get grouchy and irritable when it gets this hot and stays that way for any length of time. It just drains you after a while. We had some storms tonight and I think it's suppose to cool down a bit. If not I'm moving to Alaska at the end of the week. :lol:

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.