elgringo954

Any word of advice in reference to NVC approval & Petition sent already to the San Jose Costa Rica Consulate / US Embassy??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I received the letter from the NVC where they advised that my approved K-1 petition was sent to the Embassy of Costa Rica on August 25 and they provided me with it's corresponding case number, even though when I had spoken to them via telephone prior to the letter via US Postal they had stated that it was sent out on the 22nd, anyway, this is my question:

I have completed the DS 160 with my fiancée since she is here in the US with me and have already submitted it. Still waiting on the petitions arrival in Costa Rica so we can fly there and take care of business and then fly back. It's already been nearly 11 days and was wondering if there is any link or inside information on what else is going to be needed aside from my employment verification, financial support form and updated intention to marry letters so I can expedite in preparation. I've noticed links in reference to other Embassy's in reference to Packet 3 & packet 4 ( I believe there is no packet 4 in relation to my case. Can anybody advise, maybe other San Jose Costa Rica K-1 Petitioners??

Thanks guys

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI,

the famous package 3 and 4 is a set of instructions and list of documents you and your fiancee need to collect and prepare for the interview. among these instructions are medical exams location, which police record you need, etc.

you can check the status of your case at

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Also, remember, in some consulate it takes between 7 to 10 days to return the passport with the stamped visa.

regards,

Simon

Timeline

I have also already downloaded the alledged packet 3 then I'm guessing because it's the list of doctors and medical instructions and aside from that I will be bringing all of the originals documents submitted with my original k1 petition and a copy of that petition as well. I think I am good to go then.

Timeline

I received the letter from the NVC where they advised that my approved K-1 petition was sent to the Embassy of Costa Rica on August 25 and they provided me with it's corresponding case number, even though when I had spoken to them via telephone prior to the letter via US Postal they had stated that it was sent out on the 22nd, anyway, this is my question:

I have completed the DS 160 with my fiancée since she is here in the US with me and have already submitted it. Still waiting on the petitions arrival in Costa Rica so we can fly there and take care of business and then fly back. It's already been nearly 11 days and was wondering if there is any link or inside information on what else is going to be needed aside from my employment verification, financial support form and updated intention to marry letters so I can expedite in preparation. I've noticed links in reference to other Embassy's in reference to Packet 3 & packet 4 ( I believe there is no packet 4 in relation to my case. Can anybody advise, maybe other San Jose Costa Rica K-1 Petitioners??

Thanks guys

Just one packet to go! I think really all I had to do on my side was get the I-134 and supporting documents together. All of the other stuff will be on your fiancee's side when you guys get to Costa Rica. When my husband called on a Friday to make his visa interview appt (after he rcvd the packet) and he got an interview the following Tuesday. His visa was ready two days later on Thursday. I have heard varying times for San Jose but I have not read of a normal situation taking more than a week :)

My husband also said that they are very nice on the embassy for the interview. Don't stress out!

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It is not much different than in my country. I just had to prepare de financial support and, of course, help her putting all the documents together.

Good luck with the embassy process.

Simon

Timeline

Thanks all for the insight. Been calling the embassy every day lately to see if they've received it yet cause it was shipped out from the NVC on Aug 25th and I've already submitted the ds160 for my fiancée since she is here with me and I wanted to avoid the time delay of the Embassy contacting her since they would prob take longer to do that than for me to find out they have received it and I can then schedule the dr appointment from here and have the interview date scheduled too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.