Rachel1234

Waiting for approval

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, it is true that marriage does not grant immediate citizenship. It is also true that a waiver could be a dead end and right now the initial shock of the refusal has you down in the dumps and hard to be positive but put your big girl panties on and try. As I said in my previous post, the love you have for each other should outshine any refusal.

Believe me, I know first hand how hard it is to be away from the one you love. It can almost be unbearable at times. Why does your fiance need to take time off work for you to go for a visit? I've gone to see my fiance several times when he has to leave for work everyday. In fact, if you had got your visa and went to live with him, he would still have to work.

I do hope you're feeling a little better today. Keep your chin up

My fiance lives 15 hours away from me and because of work and gas being expensive, he can't visit much or for long. I'm also not allowed across the border without a visa. If I try to go through the border to see him again I'll be banned. They've turned me around twice now. Edited by Rachel1234

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance lives 15 hours away from me and because of work and gas being expensive, he can't visit much or for long. I'm also not allowed across the border without a visa. If I try to go through the border to see him again I'll be banned. They've turned me around twice now.

Ok, I understand. I thought maybe you had a visiting visa or something. I hope everything works out for you

I wish everything was ok. It's so not ok :( I emailed the consulate and they said over I'm denied. The reason for the denial is ridiculous. Accusing me of a crime I didn't commit and this whole process has been one thing after another. It's making me not even want to be alive. I don't want to imagine my life without my fiancé. I have been crying all day since I got the email... It just looks like they are looking for anything, real or fake to deny me and ruin our lives. I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow. It was nice talking to you all.

What crime did they say you committed? Is it also listed on your police record?

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Rachel, if you are not forthcoming about your situation no one can help you, not even a lawyer. It turns out based on the information you gave your fiance is of limited means to visit you. Does this mean he makes less than the ~$18,000 per year needed to petition you to come to the US? Apparently you are being "accused" of doing something; however, it is not on your criminal record. Sounds very fishy to me. Many people have been through all sorts of scenarios and can help. Seek out someone knowledgeable about your situation on VJ and private message them if you have to.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

Rachel, if you are not forthcoming about your situation no one can help you, not even a lawyer. It turns out based on the information you gave your fiance is of limited means to visit you. Does this mean he makes less than the ~$18,000 per year needed to petition you to come to the US? Apparently you are being "accused" of doing something; however, it is not on your criminal record. Sounds very fishy to me. Many people have been through all sorts of scenarios and can help. Seek out someone knowledgeable about your situation on VJ and private message them if you have to.

i sent you a pm.

Timeline

I had my interview already, but I was denied because I needed some paperwork to give the consulate. The consulate gave me a paper explaining what I needed to send them. I sent it, they mailed me back asking for more paperwork and I mailed that in. They received it 31 days ago. They have all the nessesary paperwork now, but does anyone know around when I will receive either my visa and passport or at least something letting me know what's going on?

What were you missing? I have my interview in a month and am PARANOID i'll forget something :S

event.png

• Service Center : Texas Service Center
  • Transferred? No
  • Consulate : Montreal, Canada
  • I-129F Sent : 2014-02-13
  • I-129F NOA1 : 2014-02-18
  • I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-07
  • NVC Received : 2014-08-25
  • Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2014-08-27
  • NVC Left : 2014-08-29
  • Consulate Received : 2014-09-02
  • Packet 3 Received : 2014-09-04
  • Packet 3 Sent : 2014-09-05
  • Packet 4 Received : 2014-09-09
  • Interview Date : 2014-10-17
  • Visa Received : 2014-10-25
  • US Entry : 2014-11-14
  • Marriage : 2015-01-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.