Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Slow progress this week. Already Thursday and they still working on August 1st?? What a joke!!

I know! I was already getting worry :( not seeing anything at all in the forums about cc. But hopefully they start to pick up the slack... :)

Timeline

I hope so was hoping to end the week with August 4th scan dates... All what I'm seeing is checklists.

I think that's why the fell behind this week cause all the checklist being review from 7/29 through 8/1 Maybe they start working August 4 tomorrow. I'm so frustrated at this point, I was on hold for 40 min this morning and finally hung. my scan date is 8/8

NVC recieved september 15.. still waiting to be able to pay. They gave me my case number and IIN but cant pay it yet. Hopefully soon .. good luck everyone :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I sent my documents on Tuesday sep 23rd and FedEx delivered them Wednesday sept 24.. How do I know that they have received/scanned my documents? Are they going to email me or should I call them and find out?

Hello, I sent my documents on Tuesday sep 23rd and FedEx delivered them Wednesday sept 24.. How do I know that they have received/scanned my documents? Are they going to email me or should I call them and find out?

You need to call and ask if there are any pending mail pieces for your case. The last time we called, the agent didn't know what a "scan date" was!

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Congrats on the quick process of your fees! Did you call the NVC to get your IV's unlocked?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Timeline

Anyone with AUG 1-10 AOS scanned dates got response from NVC yet?? im curious since my scan date is Aug 1st....

I seen a cc and aos checklist from the 1st so far, You should hear something today or tomorrow. or try calling :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

HI...me again. So I got my "Welcome to NVC" letter by email on the 22nd, and immediately chose an agent (myself since I am the US spouse/Petitioner). I have been checking the Ceac.state.gov website waiting to be able to pay the AOS fee but I am still getting the error This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted. If you believe you have received this message in error, or to resume processing of the case, please contact the NVC immediately. (that thanks to this forum I know is ok- just means it is "not available to pay" yet) and then today I get the EXACT same email, but this time it has the AOS invoice attached with a barcode saying I can pay this. I get all excited and go to pay but I am getting the same error.

my questions:

1- does this mean my "choosing an agent" did not work? Even though I got a confirmation email. Do I go and do this again, or does that "reset" the time line - even if it is 2-3 days...I still don't want to do that.

2-Do I just wait patiently? Or do I send in my payment by snail mail? It seems others on this forum are having no problem paying the AOS even the same day or next day as choosing agent.

help!

Edited by hmscott

HI...me again. So I got my "Welcome to NVC" letter by email on the 22nd, and immediately chose an agent (myself since I am the US spouse/Petitioner). I have been checking the Ceac.state.gov website waiting to be able to pay the AOS fee but I am still getting the error (that thanks to this forum I know is ok- just means it is "not available to pay" yet) and then today I get the EXACT same email, but this time it has the AOS invoice attached with a barcode saying I can pay this. I get all excited and go to pay but I am getting the same error.

my questions:

1- does this mean my "choosing an agent" did not work? Even though I got a confirmation email. Do I go and do this again, or does that "reset" the time line - even if it is 2-3 days...I still don't want to do that.

2-Do I just wait patiently? Or do I send in my payment by snail mail? It seems others on this forum are having no problem paying the AOS even the same day or next day as choosing agent.

help!

Please remember, the AOS and IV tracks have NOTHING to do with one another (except that both need to be completed before a case is completed).

If the DS-261 shows as complete on the portal, then it's fine. Do NOT touch it.

Just wait patiently for the AOS to become available on the portal. It should be within a few business days. Snail mailing payment should be your very last resort.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Anyone with AUG 1-10 AOS scanned dates got response from NVC yet?? im curious since my scan date is Aug 1st....

My scan date for out AOS checklist is Aug 27. I called NVC yesterday and spoke to Waldo and he said it is currently being reviewed. I wonder long it will take them to approve it? Have they begun reviewing your AOS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.