Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And the final question, paper clip or staple the forms together??

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

And the final question, paper clip or staple the forms together??

Paper clip, paper clip, PAPER CLIP.

Imagine you're the reviewing officer. Which is easier to remove, a paper clip or a staple?

Paper clip = less than a second

Staple = first need to get a staple remover, then remove the staple = much more time (and I don't know about you, but I HATE removing staples)

Sooo, do you want to make the reviewing officer's job easier or harder? ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got my case number and IIN on sep 23rd. But when I am trying to log into the CEAC website it is showing the following:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Is this normal?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Paper clip, paper clip, PAPER CLIP.

Imagine you're the reviewing officer. Which is easier to remove, a paper clip or a staple?

Paper clip = less than a second

Staple = first need to get a staple remover, then remove the staple = much more time (and I don't know about you, but I HATE removing staples)

Sooo, do you want to make the reviewing officer's job easier or harder? ;)

Valid points! Paper clip it is! Plus no need for them to get any more excuses as to how they need more than60 days due to my staples :P

Thank you!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Valid points! Paper clip it is! Plus no need for them to get any more excuses as to how they need more than60 days due to my staples :P

Thank you!

No problem ;) And yes, don't give them any more reason to be frustrated and lose your papers or something!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, I am new to this forum...since my Swedish hubby & I FINALLY got received at NVC on Sept 22. I have already filed the DS-261 and I am waiting for my fees to be unlocked (2 days and counting)...So I am reading a lot about this "new" procedure where once you pay the AOS fee you can print the barcode sheet and send BOTH packages at once (before the IV fee is available to pay after the supposed 30 day wait time). I have MANY questions, but the most pertinant are:

1-Everytime I call NVC it is busybusybusy...so I heard it is best to call at beginning or end of their day. 6am or 12 midnight. Two nights in a row I have called at 11 or 11:30 pm and it says "we are no longer accepting calls at this time"...what is the deal? Calling at 6 am Eastern time is 4am for me...ugh. Is there a "sweet spot" to call that I should know about?

2-Do I (natural born US citizen) need court and prison records also? and Police certificates?

3- Most important- once I am able to pay the AOS fee, should I send BOTH AOS & IV packets at one time? And then wait until IV fee is generated later and pay at that time?

4- I have an S-corp for last 16 years. I have always made a healthy profit until 2012 & 2013 (of course the years they most want to see tax returns) Between my spouse and I we have enough assets to not need an additional sponsor, but I am wondering if any of you have experience with filing additional docs to supplement income amounts? Anything in particular I should be careful about? Yes, I have read the wiki's...and my head is spinning.

Thank you all for this outlet and community. This whole process is mindboggling and so overwhelming. My man and I have been separated for over 4 months now and it is so awful.

I am praying that with your expert guidance and experience I can properly fill out all these forms and not generate checklists! ugh...

thank you in advance, Harmony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I got my case number and IIN on sep 23rd. But when I am trying to log into the CEAC website it is showing the following:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Is this normal?

Completely normal :) It just means that they are in the process of billing you for AOS. Congrats you are on your way!

01/21/14 ~ Sent I-130
01/26/14 ~ NOA1 (txt)
01/30/14 ~ NOA1 (letter) VSC Priority Date 01/22/14
06/25/14 ~ NOA2 (txt)

07/02/14 ~ NVC Received Case
07/16/14 ~ NVC Case Number Assigned
07/31/14 ~ DS-261 Available
07/31/14 ~ DS-261 Completed
08/02/14 ~ AOS Bill Invoiced
08/02/14 ~ AOS Bill Paid
08/04/14 ~ Sent AOS Package
08/07/14 ~ AOS Package Scanned
09/04/14 ~ DS-261 Approved

09/08/14 ~ Sent IV Package (With AOS Cover-letter)

09/10/14 ~ IV Bill Invoiced
09/10/14 ~ IV Bill Paid

09/10/14 ~ IV Package Scanned

09/11/14 ~ DS-260 Available

09/11/14 ~ DS-260 Completed

10/17/14 ~ Case Complete

01/08/15 ~ Entry into the US

10/10/16 ~ Mailed I-751 to CSC

10/31/14 ~ NOA1 (letter)

Timeline

Completely normal :) It just means that they are in the process of billing you for AOS. Congrats you are on your way!

Thanks a lot. :)

Edited by ritbiv

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations, what is the beneficiary's country? Because I thought scheduling for October interviews was over. What was your last scan date?

China, and I don't know what the last scan date was. I just know they made us wait 60 days in order to make sure I put "N/A" for the I-864 resident address.

Sent I-130 - 4/2/13

NOA1 - 4/9/13

RFE - 12/21/13

NOA2 - 2/28/14

NVC - 4/23/14

I864EZ Checklist (no N/A) - 7/22/14

Notice of 60 day delay - 8/1/14

Case Complete - 9/19/14

Interview Date - 10/27/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Saylin I have a stupid question. Do u think they forward ur call log to the embassy from Nvc? Like a record of who called and when?

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yep. Is it usually pretty quick between paying and being able to start the form, does anyone know? Or is it the 3-5 business days like Ryan told me last night.. oh Ryan :)

I was able to fill my form the day after I paid. About 5 hours after the money left my account. Just keep an eye on the ceac site as soon as the money leave you account

Timeline

Is this normal?

So my husband called yesterday and an NVC agent said that our case cannot be processed further till my husband gets citizenship. Is this true? I am so sad. :(

Saylin I have a stupid question. Do u think they forward ur call log to the embassy from Nvc? Like a record of who called and when?

I obviously don't know for certain, but I would say no. I'm thinking the call log is just for internal purposes, to show what's been going on with the case, as well as if they need it for legal purposes.

So my husband called yesterday and an NVC agent said that our case cannot be processed further till my husband gets citizenship. Is this true? I am so sad. :(

If you're filing for F2A then your husband does not need to be a US Citizen, however for India the priority date they're processing right now is 01JAN13.

Since in your signature you mention that your husband filed N400 already, it might be quicker to wait until he becomes a USC and then file for CR1/IR1 visa.

USCIS
4/8/14 - Sent I-130
4/17/14 - Received NAO 1
4/29/14 - I-130 Approval/NAO 2

NVC
5/8/14 - Case received
6/2/14 - Case number/IIN assigned
6/11/14 - DS-261 Completed online
6/11/14 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid
6/13/14 - AOS Bill "PAID" status
6/16/14 - AOS Package sent
6/23/14 - AOS Package arrived at NVC
6/30/14 - AOS Package scanned
7/15/14 - IV Bill invoiced and paid
7/17/14 - IV Bill "PAID" status
7/18/14 - IV Package sent
7/18/14 - DS-260 Completed online
7/24/14 - IV Package arrived at NVC
7/28/14 - IV Package scanned
8/7/14 - AOS Reviewed and Accepted (called to confirm) - 27 business days from scan
8/11/14 - False checklist email regarding Civil Documents for DS-260

9/17/14 - Case Complete - 51 days from last scan date

10/3/14 - Interview Scheduled

11/04/14 - Interview (Approved)

1/??/15 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.