Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

Thank you Saylin, feeling great to get the response from the IMMIGRATION EXPERT :-) .

One more question specially for you. Does previous non immigrant visa e.g. student and visit , denials can result in refusal of immigrant visa?( specially from a country like Pakistan?

You have a very good vision and experience so your answer will help me a lot.

Anything can result in a denial, it's up to the officer.

Anecdote though: I had two denials at the border and had no issues. Wasn't even asked about it at the interview. But that was Canada, so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On the I-797 there is a A number for the Petitioner, but there isn't one for the Beneficiary in my case. We left it blank on the AOS.

Thanks for the response, I will just add to my previous point with this closing information from my end that if on your I-797 ( approval notice), A number for the beneficiary is mentioned, if this me, I want to write on I- 864, as I did on my parents petitions also and the I-864s gone through with flying colors !!!!

Request to all of us that....Please add some new information if they know some thing about it, which can be the great help to avoid " check list ". Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Get yourself police clearance from your country's local police station as well as the country you studied. You need those regardless of your no criminal record. Else you risk a checklist.

thanks, will do

Here's what I am confused about :huh: (and I get like this a lot) - The new process mandates that you must pay *BOTH* fees before sending in documents. Why would they make you wait 30+ days to have the IV fee unlocked so you can pay it? Shouldn't it open up the same time as the AOS bill needed to be paid? There is no mention that you are supposed to pay your AOS bill and then wait to pay your IV bill - it only states on the website that you should pay both of them and then start your paperwork.

I guess in my opinion they are trying to prolong the wait time when in actuality the fees should be paid simultaneously. I know I haven't waited my '30 days' but I probably will be calling just to confirm this new system and figure out some sort of continuity (sorry it's just in my nature)...

...But I am learning that there is very little continuity when it comes to NVC! :rofl:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks .I ended up speaking with a supervisor today and she thought it was strange too so she said she will look into it herself and email me with anything she finds out. Hope she really does something and didnt just say something and not do anything about it.im going to wait till next week and if I don't hear anything will call again.

I think it depends on how you approach the subject. My husband asked for the scan date for our IV package, but the agent responded with "I don't know what a scan date is but you need to send us your IV package and complete your DS-260." (we've already done both and are waiting for them to be reviewed). My husband freaked out so I said "ask him if there are any pending mail pieces for us". And there was. The scan date was the day after it arrived at their facility :rolleyes:

To be fair, my husband somehow got through to the Spanish speaking team, so that might have contributed to the confusion!

Timeline

Hey Guys

I just got an email from NVC with this Subject line CASE#(AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

I found the invoice for IV Fee in the attachment.When I went in to pay that it shows the field as empty Where it used to show benefictiory name & does not show the invoice amount of $325 instead just $0

Any similar experiences??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Guys

I just got an email from NVC with this Subject line CASE#(AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

I found the invoice for IV Fee in the attachment.When I went in to pay that it shows the field as empty Where it used to show benefictiory name & does not show the invoice amount of $325 instead just $0

Keep checking it will change soon. It was the same for me

Timeline

Hey Guys

HI

I Received a similar e mail, however no fee unlocked. Might have t o call NVC to see whats happening

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

me too , i just recieved an email to pay 325$ but can't pay it

let's wait till tomorrow and see

19-11-2014 checklist received at nvc (60 days email)

16-01-2014 - Case completed (N/A on NVC wedsite)

20-01-2015 - Case completed Email with checklist

04-02-2015 - Interview scheduled

consulate
04-03-2015 - Medical
12-03-2015 - Interview
27-03-2015 - Visa in hand
02-05-2015 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

do i need to bring any froms other than the IV package to the interview ? what about DS 230 ?

thank you

AOS application sent via Email June 10th . before June 24th when i called NVC they told me my scan date is June 10th. after that they are telling me my scan date is 24th !! and asking me where did you get the June 10th date from !

DS261 Submitted June 6th. Resubmitted by mistake June 12th

DS261 Accepted July 31 (got that through NVC call)

AOS checklist July 31 (got that through NVC call , didnt get email yet)

IV fee invoice Email , INVOICED on website and paid :) August 1st

AOS checklist email August 2nd .

AOS checklist send via Email Aug 4th

IV documents sent via Email Aug 4th - Scan date Aug 6th

DS260 Submitted Aug 4th

Expedite request sent Sep 6th

Expedite request forwarded to Amman , Jordan Embassy Sep 12th , under review

Expedite request approved Sep 16th. Status change to "in Transit" Sep 17th

Timeline

AOS checklist with scan date of 7/31 was just approved (we received a false checklist for mailing our IV docs, but they were already scanned in on 8/14). So it took them 56 days to review it :sleepy: In the email they sent us (it was an updated one with NVC's new askNVC.... email address in it) it says it's currently taking them 30 business days to respond to checklists. I wish... :rolleyes:

That is a hope, my aos checklist was on 8/27/14...

AOS checklist with scan date of 7/31 was just approved (we received a false checklist for mailing our IV docs, but they were already scanned in on 8/14). So it took them 56 days to review it :sleepy: In the email they sent us (it was an updated one with NVC's new askNVC.... email address in it) it says it's currently taking them 30 business days to respond to checklists. I wish... :rolleyes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Armenia Marriage (if applicable):I-130 Sent : 2013-11-20 I-130 NOA1 : 2013-11-25 I-130 RFE : 2014-03-17 I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-04-28 I-130 Approved : 2014-04-30NVC Received : 2014-05-10Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-06-16Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-16Receive I-864 Package :Send AOS Package : 2014-06-26Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-16Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-18Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-18Send IV Package : 2014-07-18Check list for Aos: 2014-8-20Check list scanned 2014-8-27CASE COMPLETED 2014-10-21<p>Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-10-30

Interview date: 12/15/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I guess nvc is just doing checklist today, My friend also got an email a bit ago from Nvc asking for her Iv doc. her scan date was also 7/31. I haven't seen no cc today hopefully they continue tomorrow..

Timeline

I guess nvc is just doing checklist today, My friend also got an email a bit ago from Nvc asking for her Iv doc. her scan date was also 7/31. I haven't seen no cc today hopefully they continue tomorrow..

No, our AOS package actually got approved today. We just happend to receive a false IV checklist for it. I knew we wouldn't get a cc today because the scan date for our IV docs is 8/14 -_- (which also proves that NVC is not reviewing packages together right now). But at least NVC got some work done today :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.