Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

Silverjetplane's idea is a GREAT one. I REALLY wish this thread were only questions, answers and progress. It would be nice if we didn't have to sift through so much dirt to get to the gold. I agree that this forum is great for moral support because no one understands this process except those going through it, but this is the first day I've had time to look at the NVC thread all month and there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to skim 100+ pages today. I've kind of given up on this thread being a resource for me and only plan to return if I'm desperate for some sort of answer to a problem. It's just too much and I simply do not have enough time in the day to devote to it. It sucks though, because now I feel out of the loop.

Here's an example of why it's a bit frustrating: I sent the e-mail about my husband's embassy change back to Bogotá on August 5. The last time we did this, they sent an e-mail after about three weeks saying that it had been read and they were going to review our request. We haven't gotten that e-mail yet this time around, and it's been more than a month. It would be great if I could quickly read through a much shorter thread and look for information about how long they're taking at this point to respond to e-mails, and then ask the question if it hasn't been addressed. I don't want to contribute to the epidemic of repeated questions. The way things are now, I'll probably just call for the 11 millionth time. Which is not that big of a deal, although I have a feeling they'll just feed me some line instead of an actual answer. I feel really bad for people who really need help whose problems/questions get buried under meaningless posts. And I do like reading the case updates that do get posted--they are often very helpful and at times even reassuring. But the way things are now, it's just impossible to keep up unless you have a desk job that lets you sit on the internet all day or are willing to devote an hour or more every night to reading just this thread.

Long story short, VJ has my very enthusiastic vote for a separate venting thread. Saylin, do you have the power to make one? It would be more work in terms of moderation, but maybe there's another mod that would be willing to keep an eye on it if you can't or don't want to. I'll keep updating my spreadsheet form when things happen of course, but I can't see myself coming here much anymore. Another idea: Put in the first post of next month's thread that it's for questions, answers and progress ONLY (big, bold, underlined, etc.) and see if that does anything.

If it helps, I sent an email to them on July 26th and they finally replied on September 8th.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got another email telling me I paid my AOS fee but this one includes a document cover sheet. It lists everything needed for AOS package and supporting documents (IV package)

Did everyone get this?

Seems like a sheet telling us to send everything together or is this an email everything got before as well?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: Timeline

Hahaaa happy they make you smile :D OMG am I and I'm checking for N/A ever time I remember which is often. If it was a job I would be very busy doing nothing hahahahaaa I want it so bad I can taste it and was hoping this morning it was our turn. See my crystal ball never lies they are working a little faster and God willing will pick up for the rest of the poor souls waiting for this nightmare to end. :D Come on NVC! movie-director-smiley-emoticon.gif No, no checklist I VOODOOED them :D

Good Luck Silvia...hope you get CC soon !!

Silverjetplane's idea is a GREAT one. I REALLY wish this thread were only questions, answers and progress. It would be nice if we didn't have to sift through so much dirt to get to the gold. I agree that this forum is great for moral support because no one understands this process except those going through it, but this is the first day I've had time to look at the NVC thread all month and there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to skim 100+ pages today. I've kind of given up on this thread being a resource for me and only plan to return if I'm desperate for some sort of answer to a problem. It's just too much and I simply do not have enough time in the day to devote to it. It sucks though, because now I feel out of the loop.

Here's an example of why it's a bit frustrating: I sent the e-mail about my husband's embassy change back to Bogotá on August 5. The last time we did this, they sent an e-mail after about three weeks saying that it had been read and they were going to review our request. We haven't gotten that e-mail yet this time around, and it's been more than a month. It would be great if I could quickly read through a much shorter thread and look for information about how long they're taking at this point to respond to e-mails, and then ask the question if it hasn't been addressed. I don't want to contribute to the epidemic of repeated questions. The way things are now, I'll probably just call for the 11 millionth time. Which is not that big of a deal, although I have a feeling they'll just feed me some line instead of an actual answer. I feel really bad for people who really need help whose problems/questions get buried under meaningless posts. And I do like reading the case updates that do get posted--they are often very helpful and at times even reassuring. But the way things are now, it's just impossible to keep up unless you have a desk job that lets you sit on the internet all day or are willing to devote an hour or more every night to reading just this thread.

Long story short, VJ has my very enthusiastic vote for a separate venting thread. Saylin, do you have the power to make one? It would be more work in terms of moderation, but maybe there's another mod that would be willing to keep an eye on it if you can't or don't want to. I'll keep updating my spreadsheet form when things happen of course, but I can't see myself coming here much anymore. Another idea: Put in the first post of next month's thread that it's for questions, answers and progress ONLY (big, bold, underlined, etc.) and see if that does anything.

Anyone can make a thread ;) So, if someone wants to spearhead a new thread for just venting about wait times or talking about how draining the process is, etc etc, then by all means, someone start one! (Call it something like The NVC Moral Support/Ranting Thread) Then this thread can get back to its original intention of questions and progress only (and probably reduce the number of pages by a lot, especially if people start reading what's available).

It's funny to me, cause when I was going through the process, the NVC threads would typically average around 40 pages by the end of the month. Even less sometimes. But as the wait times go up, (obviously) more people talk about it and complain. Which is fine, but I think it should be in a separate thread, as I've discussed before and brought up again above.

Filed: Timeline

I just got another email telling me I paid my AOS fee but this one includes a document cover sheet. It lists everything needed for AOS package and supporting documents (IV package)

Did everyone get this?

Seems like a sheet telling us to send everything together or is this an email everything got before as well?

Looks like mail withe the new process..Not seen anybody mentioning about this type of email before ..Best to call NVC and check....

Did everyone get this?

That sounds new to me. Would you be willing to post a copy? I'd really love to see it.

Anyone can make a thread ;) So, if someone wants to spearhead a new thread for just venting about wait times or talking about how draining the process is, etc etc, then by all means, someone start one! (Call it something like The NVC Moral Support/Ranting Thread) Then this thread can get back to its original intention of questions and progress only (and probably reduce the number of pages by a lot, especially if people start reading what's available).

It's funny to me, cause when I was going through the process, the NVC threads would typically average around 40 pages by the end of the month. Even less sometimes. But as the wait times go up, (obviously) more people talk about it and complain. Which is fine, but I think it should be in a separate thread, as I've discussed before and brought up again above.

Saylin, my case says it's process of termination... OMG WHAT DO I DO? ;) < Questions like that?

I-130 STAGE
-------------------------------
16th May 2013- I-130 PD Date
30th Dec 2013- Transferred to TSC
13th Mar 2014- I-130 Approved
20th Mar 2014- Cased shipped to NVC.

NVC STAGE
--------------------------------
28th Mar 14 Case received at NVC
28th Apr 14 Case # & IIN assigned

13th May 14 AOS package scanned into the system
14th May 14 DS260 available/completed.
20th May 14 IV package scanned into the system

12th June 14 AOS checklist- NVC error-

13th June 14 Supervisor review, said she would remove it when spoke to her. (Up to 30 business days).

28th July 14 CASE COMPLETE!!!!

19th August 2014- Medical

5th September 2014- Interview @ London

05th Sep 2014-Interview

05th Sep 2014- APPROVED! Visa Status Issued same day!

10th Sep 2014- Visa in hand

18th September 2014- POE ORLANDO FL! DISNEY!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Luck Silvia...hope you get CC soon !!

Awww thank you very much I'll let you know right away. :)t4582.gif

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Saylin, my case says it's process of termination... OMG WHAT DO I DO? ;) < Questions like that?

:rofl::rofl: Yes, EXACTLY questions like that! Haven't seen that one in awhile. But I've still seen, and continue to see, questions that are clearly answered not only in my wiki but as well as in the official form instructions and on USCIS and NVC's websites.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't think it will be ready for me today but on the line waiting for a rep. :D OMG I'm so nervous. scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gifscared-smiley-emoticon.gif

Did your AOS change from "PAID" to "N/A" on the CEAC site? :huh2:

If not, I don't think they have any news for you and I (received date: July 22nd and scan date: July 25th) yet. :no:

Maybe next week? Fingers crossed! :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds new to me. Would you be willing to post a copy? I'd really love to see it.

I sure will once I get home!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

I think separate threads is a good idea on paper, but it will have teething problems. Someone will need to be around to move the irrelevant posts to the new thread and vice versa. And people will be second guessing what exactly they can write when asking a question if it is an emotionally charged one :P but I say see how it goes, you never know without trying

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

yes yes .. they finished 17th, 18th and working on 21st of July in three days since beginning of this week.. i expect 22nd to be within this week too .. 23rd has a high probability too .. if not .. then early next week .. my advice just stay away for couple of days .. then get back Friday night .. the closer you get the more impatient you are .. best of luck!

yeah right, Im still waiting to hear about my AOS scanned on July 18

Did your AOS change from "PAID" to "N/A" on the CEAC site? :huh2:

If not, I don't think they have any news for you and I (received date: July 22nd and scan date: July 25th) yet. :no:

Maybe next week? Fingers crossed! :star:

Some people claim to have never gotten the N/A when their case is complete, which annoys me since I hate calling NVC!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.