2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

LionessDeon don't give up hope When we filed our 601A waiver we received an RFE, and was told it could be 30 days before a response was given. It only took a few weeks after they had the additional evidence in their hands. I think he was just given you a general timeframe. I read your post all the time...hang in there!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LionessDeon don't give up hope When we filed our 601A waiver we received an RFE, and was told it could be 30 days before a response was given. It only took a few weeks after they had the additional evidence in their hands. I think he was just given you a general timeframe. I read your post all the time...hang in there!

Thank you! Going on 4 weeks this Friday that they received our waiver response. Any day now any day!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

When I called (I am the applicant) I was told that there is no time-frame for I-601, that they process by date. Since processing time website page says "august 16, 2015" I still have a long time to go so cannot send inquiry. Agents are very quick on telling you they cannot do anything for you, very few try to help you more if possible.

I don't know what else to do, we are desperate for an answer for the approval. USCIS should put a time-frame to process this form.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

When I called (I am the applicant) I was told that there is no time-frame for I-601, that they process by date. Since processing time website page says "august 16, 2015" I still have a long time to go so cannot send inquiry. Agents are very quick on telling you they cannot do anything for you, very few try to help you more if possible.

I don't know what else to do, we are desperate for an answer for the approval. USCIS should put a time-frame to process this form.

Hello happyfaces. Mine is also an I-601. My receipt date is December 15, 2015. What is yours?...Since you say you have a long way to go, I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well guys... At least you all filled and started to count the time...

I filled a lone I-212 and it was traveling from one place to another for 5 months... And when it could reach the right place (the first one that I filled... I filled at the right place but they simply didn´t accepted and sent to another office), I had to start my count the time back again... :(

I lost my hope already.

I know that not because of me, but because USCIS don´t know how to handle a solo I-212 I´ll be without my husband for more than 1 year... and it´s been 1 year already, so it will be 2 years by the end of this story.

I know they are with a lot of processes, but come on... I lost half a year almost because they made something wrong...

I have my Senator Liaison involved and not even to her they answer...

Where it will go? Nowhere?

:(

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

My lawyer is just about to start our waiver (For my husband) We are waiting on our first interview (Expecting to be denied) How does this waiver work? And what is an expected wait time for approval or denial after doing the paper work? ANY ADVICE TIPS would be nice ;) We are currently in mexico if that helps any

As you probably realize, you cannot file the Waiver until you are denied at the interview. The "normal" processing time for waivers is 4-months after they receive but this past year it has really increased and is running about 8-months. This of course can change by the time you file and could change after you file. They received mine when they posted online the wait time was about 4 months but it kept increasing each month they updated until it hit 8 Months. I believed we were approved 8 Months and a week after they received the waiver.

In my opinion, there really is no sense in calling or trying to do anything until you are past the due date. I bet they use just as many resources fielding calls and inquiries than they do processing the actual waivers. Keep in mind there really is nothing they or anyone can do for you until they get information back from the consulate and your case is in the hands of an officer. Actually you could file an expedite request but unless you meet the criteria, you will be denied and again using up resources they could possibly use to work the backlog of cases.

I am not trying to be cold but it simply is what it is and everyone who files a waiver is facing a hardship or should be. So, remember this is all they are dealing with when it comes to waivers. No matter how frustrating and depressing this process is while waiting, it is just the process. Be happy you qualified for a waiver and remember the majority are approved and keep in mind, especially depending on election results later this year, it may become much much harder to get granted waivers in the future.

Good Luck and hang in there. By the way, I was approved almost 3-weeks ago and still have not heard anything from the consulate and somebody who went through this process at the same consulate told me it took 4-months to get his second appointment only to have them tell his wife they needed to send in more information. Not a fun process at all but one we can do nothing about.

Thank you! Going on 4 weeks this Friday that they received our waiver response. Any day now any day!

Yes, they do just give general time frames but they are also time frames that let you know when you can inquire again and/or take other steps such as contacting the ombudsman ( https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx ).I believe they responded to my inquiry saying that the case was being reviewed by an officer and will have response within 60-days. We got the approval 2 or 3 weeks later.

I pray we all make it through this with relationships intact. ??

I had to feel like I'm doing something before this waiting drives me insane!

The one day in months that I didn't go online to check status, I received an email saying we were approved. Every other day I was going on like 3 times a day checking status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello happyfaces. Mine is also an I-601. My receipt date is December 15, 2015. What is yours?...Since you say you have a long way to go, I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Hi amandayc our received day is dec 18,2015 my husband called yesterday and was told it would be another 5 months. He is so depressed and dont know what to do any more.

Timeline

Hi amandayc, my receipt date is October 5th, 2015 but it seems nebraska SC has been stock on processing Aug. 16th, 2015 for months now so there is no way for us to know when we will get some sort of answer.

Thanks.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

I-130

Timeline

I called uscis because i wasn't sure about time-frame, but was informed there is no time-frame for form I-601 and that it is process by reciept date. So that was made clear to me and i was appreciative of the explanation, because i have called before and was told by agent that by april i would have an answer and so april came and almost over it and nothing so its why i called. Agent i talked to before did not explain the time-frame thing.

I am so glad i got my application in and all i am doing is praying for the approval and for my local US embassy to be time efficient.

Lets not give up or get depressed but for those who pray keep praying with all you heart for this process to move along much faster. I am at the brink of my marriage to end because in my case my husband, kids and I have been separated for 4 years now going on 5... so we have been living a nightmare for a very long time now, but still hoping and praying that my marriage makes it.

Oh and did I mentioned i was misinformed by US embassy agent regarding my immigration status and told that I would not have any issues when I got my I-30 approved that i did everything i had to in order to avoid it, but it turns out that agent was wrong and so I had to file waiver anyway. Anyways a very long story and my mistake was leaving the US at the wrong time but had family issues to attend to.

So after 4 years and 4 months of waiting and hoping, i am so very ready for this nightmare to end.

In my opinion, there really is no sense in calling or trying to do anything until you are past the due date. I bet they use just as many resources fielding calls and inquiries than they do processing the actual waivers. Keep in mind there really is nothing they or anyone can do for you until they get information back from the consulate and your case is in the hands of an officer. Actually you could file an expedite request but unless you meet the criteria, you will be denied and again using up resources they could possibly use to work the backlog of cases.

I am not trying to be cold but it simply is what it is and everyone who files a waiver is facing a hardship or should be. So, remember this is all they are dealing with when it comes to waivers. No matter how frustrating and depressing this process is while waiting, it is just the process. Be happy you qualified for a waiver and remember the majority are approved and keep in mind, especially depending on election results later this year, it may become much much harder to get granted waivers in the future.

Good Luck and hang in there. By the way, I was approved almost 3-weeks ago and still have not heard anything from the consulate and somebody who went through this process at the same consulate told me it took 4-months to get his second appointment only to have them tell his wife they needed to send in more information. Not a fun process at all but one we can do nothing about.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ATXmaster My two cents...me and my husband filed a 601A wavier... it had nothing to do with being criminal or overstaying a visa (he never had a visa). The 601A means the petitioner (me/his spouse/the US Citizen) is filing to have the applicant (my husband/ my immediate family member) made legal (to get a green card) and that the applicant is stateside (in the United States) at time of filing wavier. Our 601A wavier was approved, but his medical exam kept him from returning to the States. The 601A is no easier than the 601, from my experience. Both require evidence of extreme hardship. However, the extreme hardship paper for the 601A was basically set on "if my husband does not get to stay then more hardships will occur". Now we have filed a 601 wavier (received by USCIS this March). I had to write another extreme hardship paper showing those things I said will happen have happened now as a result of my husband not being able to return the USA. Each thing I stated would happen I had to show evidence. Oh, and if you don't show evidence of what you say is a hardship they will request more information from you which puts a hold on your wavier request until the information is received...just a heads up to help.

That's an interesting point. My wife came here with a work Visa and overstayed. Per the USCIS officer during our AOS interview, the intentionally lied to be able to come into the USA, which is NOT true. The officer sent us a letter saying that we needed to submit an application for I-601, but my wife is already here in the USA with a Work Authorization Permit and an Advance Parole as well. We were not told she had to wait in Mexico or anything, she is being allowed to stay here. From what you guys are saying, they should have advised us to complete I-601A instead.

Hi amandayc, my receipt date is October 5th, 2015 but it seems nebraska SC has been stock on processing Aug. 16th, 2015 for months now so there is no way for us to know when we will get some sort of answer.

That date indicates they are currently taking 8-months to process waivers. Next month of the date moves up one month then it will still be an average of 8-months. If it jumps up two months then the average wait time improved to 7-months. Based on the calculation of the date you can get the average time. If you fall outside that time, you can file a formal inquiry online to check where your case is at in the process.

Timeline

Hi amandayc our received day is dec 18,2015 my husband called yesterday and was told it would be another 5 months. He is so depressed and dont know what to do any more.

:( Oh wow, another 5 months IS a long time! Yes, this is so frustrating and depressing!

Thanks for your reply and best of luck to you!

:( Ok, thanks for your reply. Best of luck to you !

Timeline

That date indicates they are currently taking 8-months to process waivers. Next month of the date moves up one month then it will still be an average of 8-months. If it jumps up two months then the average wait time improved to 7-months. Based on the calculation of the date you can get the average time. If you fall outside that time, you can file a formal inquiry online to check where your case is at in the process.

Thanks for the info! Besto of luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.