2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Spain
Timeline

If a waiver gets approved do i need to bring a police certificate from the country of my passport or where im living?

i currently live in spain and my passport is italian would i need a police certificate from just spain or both?

thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If a waiver gets approved do i need to bring a police certificate from the country of my passport or where im living?

i currently live in spain and my passport is italian would i need a police certificate from just spain or both?

thanks in advance

You need a police certificate from any country where you lived for 6 months or more.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

So I am new to this my husband has been outside of the USA for five years now and it's has been very difficult for both of us. We constantly argue but in the long run we make up cuz we know we want to be together but the situation is killing us. I can just say let's not give up and try to find the positive side of this. I have try to focus in my faith and be closer to God this has help. Broken marriage is what the evil want and I am not letting him win the battle also racist people would want that so there be less Inmigrats. Focus on what you have learn or done during this time that you thing you wouldn't have achieve if you weren't in the situation you are. Let's have hope and be cheer ful we God only gives us what he knows we can support. Analyze your life pray and be positive everything happens for a reason and we all eventually can be all reunited with or love ones. To give some background on my case my husband had his appointment in ciudad Juarez in August and we submitted his waiver in February we are just waiting at the time

So very true and its how i feel as well, I am fighting for my marriage i am not giving up, I think my husband is extremely depressed and I keep praying for good friends to help him while i cannot be with him. I think he is so depressed he has lost all hope and fight and so he feels divorce is the answer, but i am hopeful that things will change soon. Do hope for you to get answers soon, i am praying for this immigration process to hurry up some more and hope to hear good news soon from everyone still waiting.

You have done the best you can and its pray and keep the faith it helps us keep hope and strength to deal with life. good luck and hope to hear good news from you.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

Good for you, you go and tell them how it is!!! :protest: LOL

Made a call to USCIS, put in an online inquiry, and contacted a new congressman today..... :clock::ranting::protest:

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

I-130

Timeline

I pray we all make it through this with relationships intact. ??

Good for you, you go and tell them how it is!!! :protest: LOL

I had to feel like I'm doing something before this waiting drives me insane!

Timeline

I know the feeling, i wish i can do more but cannot send an inquiry all i can do is pray we get these "loads" of applications moving forward and getting approved. Has anyone gotten approve lately? its been quiet for a while.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:crying: i am so sad and dissapointed on how our us government is processing the 601. My husband call the USCIS I guess the agent must of been in a mood didnt give him much information just asked him the receipt number and straight out told him you have another 5 months to wait. Like really dont be so rude on this people that pretty much are living on hope and prayer being separated from family is hard enough. :ranting:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone knows the difference between 601 and 601A? Does one take longer than the other?

the difference between is 601 is the regular its the waiver for ex:: felonies, over stays things like that and the applicant is out of the US. the 601A the applicant waits in the US and its just for the over stay.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

ATXmaster My two cents...me and my husband filed a 601A wavier... it had nothing to do with being criminal or overstaying a visa (he never had a visa). The 601A means the petitioner (me/his spouse/the US Citizen) is filing to have the applicant (my husband/ my immediate family member) made legal (to get a green card) and that the applicant is stateside (in the United States) at time of filing wavier. Our 601A wavier was approved, but his medical exam kept him from returning to the States. The 601A is no easier than the 601, from my experience. Both require evidence of extreme hardship. However, the extreme hardship paper for the 601A was basically set on "if my husband does not get to stay then more hardships will occur". Now we have filed a 601 wavier (received by USCIS this March). I had to write another extreme hardship paper showing those things I said will happen have happened now as a result of my husband not being able to return the USA. Each thing I stated would happen I had to show evidence. Oh, and if you don't show evidence of what you say is a hardship they will request more information from you which puts a hold on your wavier request until the information is received...just a heads up to help.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called USCIS yesterday and went through the automated system which basically gives the same information that shows on their website. This morning I called, and spoke with a Customer Service Representative...she informed me that only the applicant can make an inquiry about the wavier's progress. This must be something new at USCIS because in September of last year (2015) all I had to do was call, give our assigned receipt number, our date of birth, and the person was able to answer my questions. Maybe it depends on who you speak with...I have heard that on the forum here...some are more helpful than others.

Timeline

We called USCIS today. They wouldn't tell me anything without him on the line. So I called back with him on the phone 3 way. It was stupid because they couldn't understand him and my fiancé could not understand what the USCIS rep was saying. So I did all the interpretating for both. In reality I could've put anyone on the line.

They told me we are past processing times but it's because the RFE is holding it up. He gave us a possible reason for the RFE and said it is currently under review and could take another 30 days. ?

The rep finished by saying only thing we could do if we are still concerned is to write a letter.

I'm hoping this will trigger some sort of action or decision. Keeping my fingers crossed. The reps name was Ryan.

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.