2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi. I filled out a 601A for my husband who has been here for 22 years and entered the country illegally. We sent the 601A on May 1, 2015 and have not received a response yet. We asked out lawyer to send a request for an update, and every time she did that it was answered that the case is delayed due to the workload on their side. Have you ever had any case like this, or can you suggest what to do? We have 2 kids born here and I am an American citizen thru naturalization. Thanks much

Contact your congressman. USCIS processing times show they are working on August 16, 2015 filers. You are past those processing times.

Hi. I filled out a 601A for my husband who has been here for 22 years and entered the country illegally. We sent the 601A on May 1, 2015 and have not received a response yet. We asked out lawyer to send a request for an update, and every time she did that it was answered that the case is delayed due to the workload on their side. Have you ever had any case like this, or can you suggest what to do? We have 2 kids born here and I am an American citizen thru naturalization. Thanks much

They should have given a date they will respond by and not just give a response that is is delayed due to workload. If they are outside this time then your lawyer can contact the USCIS Ombudsman https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Timeline

TO16, hello :)

Where do you see those cases that have been approved?

On the USCIS tracker app. You can enter random case numbers around yours and see what type of filing they are when they filed and what the status Is

Wow, just saw some Sept 25 cases approved. Not mine.

Lin1591564482

Lin1591564481

Lin1591564480

Lin1591564479.

This is definitely showing they r not working according to recipe date.

Very frustrating because there are cases from the end of July and beginning of August that have been stagnant for weeks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Well I really hope my application gets approve very soon, based on this applications being already approved mine should get approve soon. But we all know it doesn't necessarily work like that, but I can hope... LOL :cry:

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

LionessDeon... thank you for your reply!!! I see... so you just change the last two numbers. I have the app. I have a feeling this is going to become an obsession.... searching other LIN numbers :P;)

Timeline

LionessDeon... thank you for your reply!!! I see... so you just change the last two numbers. I have the app. I have a feeling this is going to become an obsession.... searching other LIN numbers :P;)

Well I guess you could change the last two numbers but that wouldn't get you very far. If you use the search tool enter your case number and then choose a number of cases you would like to search around your number that will give you a lot more information

For example I entered my case number I did a search of 100. Out of that 100 there were only 12 I 601 waivers. I monitor the progress of those 12 waivers and there are still a couple that have not had any action since they were received.

Edited by LionessDeon

Well I guess you could change the last two numbers but that wouldn't get you very far. If you use the search tool enter your case number and then choose a number of cases you would like to search around your number that will give you a lot more information

For example I entered my case number I did a search of 100. Out of that 100 there were only 12 I 601 waivers. I monitor the progress of those 12 waivers and there are still a couple that have not had any action since they were received.

They will block your IP for a few days if you do too many look-ups. I was doing 500 at a time searching for all the waivers my date and one day before and after. Ended up having to use some free wifi locations to get them all.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Timeline

They will block your IP for a few days if you do too many look-ups. I was doing 500 at a time searching for all the waivers my date and one day before and after. Ended up having to use some free wifi locations to get them all.

Haha! I never got blocked! You must have been doing a lot of searches lol

Haha! I never got blocked! You must have been doing a lot of searches lol

I think I had to use 4 different locations. Had to download thousands (10k+ ?) of various case types just to get a 3 day period which contained about 150 waiver cases. Then went and looked at each case and updated the status and entered on spreadsheet. Each week I would go back and then update those sitting in received status. I guess it made me feel like I was doing something once I hit about the 7 month mark of waiting. Plus I was trying to see if there was any patterns (none) and it did give me insight into how many cases were approved vs. going to RFE.

Anyone interested in Stats in terms of Approval Rates should check out this spreadsheet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6gbFPjVDoxRExvLW92eXhHUEU/edit

It covers 2010 through 2015. Bottom line is it appears Nebraska Approved 87% of 601 Cases during this time and about 34% of cases went to RFE before being decided.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted a 601 wavier request; it was received by USCIS on March 14, 2016. Today I received an email from USCIS saying the following...

"Your Case Status: Initial Review

On April 8, 2016, we requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for your Form I601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, Receipt Number LIN1690505762. Processing of your case will resume when we receive the response. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition."

Has anyone here received something like this, and if so what was the outcome? Please respond as soon as you are able...it would be greatly appreciated...thanks :)

Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted a 601 wavier request; it was received by USCIS on March 14, 2016. Today I received an email from USCIS saying the following...

"Your Case Status: Initial Review

On April 8, 2016, we requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for your Form I601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, Receipt Number LIN1690505762. Processing of your case will resume when we receive the response. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition."

Has anyone here received something like this, and if so what was the outcome? Please respond as soon as you are able...it would be greatly appreciated...thanks :)

I have not but was wondering if either of you have changed your name or if there was anything in the history of using a fake ID/Passport? Seems they want to verify the identity of one of you. Do you have a lawyer?

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

JohnThailandJohn...thanks for your response...the long and short of it...we filed and had a 601A wavier APPROVED in the fall of 2015, but my husband's medical exam did not go so well. He received a DUI in 2008, and was deemed (by the panel therapist in the medical exam) a threat to US Citizens' person and property because he gave an honest answer that he continued to drink after the charge and would drive after having a few beers. My husband must have felt the answer given was not what the therapist wanted to hear as he stated to me afterwards that he pointed out the fact that he stayed below the legal drinking limit (which most likely ticked the therapist off). I advised the therapist probably wanted to hear he had stopped drinking after the DUI, learned his lesson, and never drives under the influence. My husband was asked to return for another medical exam in September of this year. We have since submitted a 601 wavier (received on March 14th by USCIS) as my husband is now in Mexico City and I am in the USA. Given that background what do you think? Oh and yep, we have an attorney...he is awesome and has been absolutely wonderful through everything :)

JohnThailandJohn...thanks for your response...the long and short of it...we filed and had a 601A wavier APPROVED in the fall of 2015, but my husband's medical exam did not go so well. He received a DUI in 2008, and was deemed (by the panel therapist in the medical exam) a threat to US Citizens' person and property because he gave an honest answer that he continued to drink after the charge and would drive after having a few beers. My husband must have felt the answer given was not what the therapist wanted to hear as he stated to me afterwards that he pointed out the fact that he stayed below the legal drinking limit (which most likely ticked the therapist off). I advised the therapist probably wanted to hear he had stopped drinking after the DUI, learned his lesson, and never drives under the influence. My husband was asked to return for another medical exam in September of this year. We have since submitted a 601 wavier (received on March 14th by USCIS) as my husband is now in Mexico City and I am in the USA. Given that background what do you think? Oh and yep, we have an attorney...he is awesome and has been absolutely wonderful through everything :)

Honestly, I don't know what to think but now sounding like they just sent you a form letter while they consider if they will accept the second waiver request. Although I am sure, I bet there are people on this forum (possibly on other threads) who probably have filled multiple petitions and had issues with the medical that can share more.

Based on what you have stated above and this link http://www.wolfsdorf.com/Stevenson%20FINAL.pdf it seems your husband was denied for having a mental disorder which is what alcohol / drug addition would fall under. In this case it would not be inadmissible if it was being controlled and in the case of drug or alcohol addiction then this would mean becoming sober. A quick glance at the link would show he needs to be sober for a number of years. Your lawyer may be taking another route to show he doesn't meet the criteria for being deemed having a mental disorder but I would personally recommend your husband stop drinking now in case you later need to show he has been sober a number of years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.