2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Article re: RFE from a well respected i601 Laywer: http://www.lizzcannonlaw.com/i-601waiver/i-601-process/601a-rfe/

I've noticed on the tracker app that at least half of the I-601 waivers get RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys, I could not survive this long without you.Thank youuuu.I will not leave any stone unturn this time. Thanks.

Your very welcome. We are all here to help each other. Wish you the best! Keep us updated!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everybody I am new here! Congrats to all those who have been approved can't wait to say that!

Our i601 was received on sept 28th by the Nebraska center still no updates since I received my receipt notice and I went ahead and sent a case inquiry today since we are at the 6 month mark...my husband is in Mexico...is sending a case inquiry supposed to help? Anybody with sept or oct waivers approved yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

karladiaz90 My received date is on Oct, 5th and haven't hear anything from uscis as of yet. All I know is that I-601's are taking longer to get approved, you could give uscis a call and ask them if its convenient to you to send a inquiry at this time.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

Belpastb...well I sent an inquiry on the 2nd of April...after 6 months it let's you send the inquiry...I got an email saying they will reply by April 24 2016...I don't know if this will speed up the process or make it take longer..but this waiting sucks for everyone!

Timeline

I will give uscis a call because its 6 months for us as well since we filed form, and haven't heard anything. I am not sure if sending an inquiry will add time to the process on the form, but i will ask them that. I will like to know if anyone is getting approved these days.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

I-130

Timeline

Well I am on the journey i601 group on Fb...on there their are people from august who are getting approved also some from sept but mostly August... but there are some from august still waiting so I don't get it I thought they went in order..

Given the Waivers are taking so long this year I believe they are just back logged in getting to them. Keep in mind they office just doesn't process waivers and they get thousands of other immigration requests daily and somewhere around 50 to 100+ waiver requests a day based. Obviously some waivers cases are more complex than others but often the big reason why you see some people in September getting approved while some in July are still waiting is due to the consulate being slow to respond to USCIS for the information they need to process the waiver.

You cannot submit an inquiry until you are outside the processing time listed on the website. So if the Date showing on the website of the last Visa they processed has a received date of 7-months ago then you cannot submit a formal inquiry until after 7 months.

I just received our Approval and it took just over 8-Months. I can tell you that it was a very longggggggg 8 months while waiting but now that we are approved it seemed like no time at all. In fact the whole process from submitting the initial immigration paperwork has been 3 years and a month.

For those waiting, hang in there. Most Applications are approved and most of those that go to RFE are also approved.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

John,Congrats..Finally.My understanding of the process was that after USCIS receive the waiver they look to see if you need any thing if you do need anything they will let you know.I did not know that i would wait 8 months for a RFE .My journey just begin.

Timeline

Congrats John!!! that is very good news and hope for us. I am hoping our doesn't take 8 months but as seems look like right now it just may take that or more. :crying: That means i will have to pay another $152 for a new medical exam and that would be best case scenario at this point.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

John,Congrats..Finally.My understanding of the process was that after USCIS receive the waiver they look to see if you need any thing if you do need anything they will let you know.I did not know that i would wait 8 months for a RFE .My journey just begin.

It is my understanding RFEs are generally processed fairly quickly once they receive your info back. Some in just a couple weeks. Many of the cases I was previously tracking have gone from RFE to approved. A lot of them though have not sent their info back yet. (they get updated from RFE Mailed to RFE Received). So, if possibly don't delay getting your response back into them as you are very close..

Filed: Timeline

Hi. I filled out a 601A for my husband who has been here for 22 years and entered the country illegally. We sent the 601A on May 1, 2015 and have not received a response yet. We asked out lawyer to send a request for an update, and every time she did that it was answered that the case is delayed due to the workload on their side. Have you ever had any case like this, or can you suggest what to do? We have 2 kids born here and I am an American citizen thru naturalization. Thanks much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.