2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

UPDATE:

Got a call from the congress case worker. She was so super nice last week, however today she was very rude and nasty. Evidently, the consent form she sent to me to have my fiance sign was not the proper form She proceded to berate me and then question the athenticity of his signature. Well if it wasn't appropriate why did she send it into USICS? When I attempted to respond she told me that if I was going to talk over her we would get nowhere. She forwarded the USCIS email to her and now I can see they let her know her form is wrong. Guess she didn't like that and took it out on me. No one knows more than me how utterly frustrating this process is. All I can do is laugh! :rofl: Wow she must be having a bad day. I know just how she feels!! Immigration will do that to you!! Welp there goes that case workers help :wacko:

When this is all over and done I need to write a book!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does someone here knows if a lone I-212 (immigration purpose - CR1 visa) is adjudicated at National Benefits Center? Wow...

It says by my case number that it was sent to another office (NBC) in 22th january... on 29th of february my lawyer made an infopass and they said that it was on the way to NBC (A month to send to another office???? What a horrible mailing sistem! lol) and still waiting the answer of the inquiry (made at the same day of the infopass)...

Well guys... I tried to discover that by immigrate2us but no one...

I know that those lone I-212 (according to USCIS site) has to be adjudicated at the POE... But It was never there and they are sending from one side to another and even the Senator Liaison who helped me, said that it is like this...

I have been so sad and worried... I have my I-30 approved already, everything working great with NVC, but now I´m stucked just because of that... Sometimes I look and I wish I could have an I-601... At least they know how to deal with it... :(

Is there anyone here who can help me?

I´ll appreciate.

Thank you.

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

LionessDeon, I would read that book! I think after a while you just learn to relax and just do whatever needs to be done with a relaxed attitude because with immigration there is no other option. My husband still very frustrated and just getting sick of the wait, I am just hoping we get an answer soon, he is seriously worrying me.

Good luck and keep us post it.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

LionessDeon, I would read that book! I think after a while you just learn to relax and just do whatever needs to be done with a relaxed attitude because with immigration there is no other option. My husband still very frustrated and just getting sick of the wait, I am just hoping we get an answer soon, he is seriously worrying me.

Good luck and keep us post it.

I've been keeping a journal. The stories I could tell! Anymore, some days it just becomes comical.

I worry as well. This process is so very depressing. I pray for us all everyday! I hope you hear something very soon!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone :) I am very new to this site and was looking for some information. My husbands I-601A was just approved the 21st of this month :dancing: . It took 10 long months but I have heard this is the hardest part ever. I am wanting to know what should our next step be ? Like What are we going to be looking forward to and so on. Any tips would greatly be appreciated. And I am very sorry for not giving more information but I am trying to learn the ropes here :) ... We do have a lawyer and such but just want to know what to expect next (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I've been reading the last 10 pages of this post to get a little educated before posting my first question. :)

My wife came to the US under an H2A visa. After we got married and I filed for Adjustment of Status for her (I'm a USC), after the interview we got a letter saying that it was the Officer's position that my wife misrepresented herself during her initial entry to the US. Because of this, we were notified to file I-601.

We filed her I-601 and USCIS has a Received Date of 09/15/2015. It has been over 6 months now, and our case status is still "Case was Received" with no follow up action at all. Is this normal? Our receipt number starts with MSC. When I looked at the USCIS processing time website, it says they are already working on cases from 10/14/2015, that's a month after our submission... did they skipped our application? Any and all information would be of great value to my family. Thank you.

Timeline

Good morning everyone. I've been reading the last 10 pages of this post to get a little educated before posting my first question. :)

My wife came to the US under an H2A visa. After we got married and I filed for Adjustment of Status for her (I'm a USC), after the interview we got a letter saying that it was the Officer's position that my wife misrepresented herself during her initial entry to the US. Because of this, we were notified to file I-601.

We filed her I-601 and USCIS has a Received Date of 09/15/2015. It has been over 6 months now, and our case status is still "Case was Received" with no follow up action at all. Is this normal? Our receipt number starts with MSC. When I looked at the USCIS processing time website, it says they are already working on cases from 10/14/2015, that's a month after our submission... did they skipped our application? Any and all information would be of great value to my family. Thank you.

It's very normal. There are people with a received date in July that are still waiting. What service center is yours at? I'm not seeing any of them showing a processing time of 10-14-15

Hello Everyone :) I am very new to this site and was looking for some information. My husbands I-601A was just approved the 21st of this month :dancing: . It took 10 long months but I have heard this is the hardest part ever. I am wanting to know what should our next step be ? Like What are we going to be looking forward to and so on. Any tips would greatly be appreciated. And I am very sorry for not giving more information but I am trying to learn the ropes here :) ... We do have a lawyer and such but just want to know what to expect next (L)

I don't know still waiting for approval. If you go back through some of the pages on this thread you can read what the others posted. This thread is quite lengthy there is a lot of info.

Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/

You can track your case status here. I believe the Nebraska Service Center is the one that handles I-601 waivers. I haven't heard anyone talk about any other service center.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do Their processing times can be seen at this link

It seems you have a couple more months of waiting still.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A case number has been edited from the post below, which is now returned to the thread:

Honestly, I'm not sure which Service Center it is being held at. How can I find out?

Because my number starts with MSC, I was looking at the "National Benefits Center (also known as MSC), that's where I got Oct 14th 2015.
But back to my question, how can I find my correct Service Center? My receipt number is MSC______, and on the letter I got it has a return address of "Lee's Summit, MO". Help!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

John, July 29 received date is mine too,my number end with 37 and every other number around it was approved long time ago,so i think CIMT take longer. But Souad it could not be so hard to fined out if your husband was ever married,they just need to ask you for a certificate from your registry to state how many times he,ve been married.

Yes it's not hard. I bring 3 certificate shows that he never been married but they think it is not enough. My loyer adviced me to do divorce by publication Which I did it now am waiting for their answer by the way my receiving date is Jun 11 2015

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LD. I got the letter today,It dont even look like they send any to my Atty,because she dont get it yet.I called her and she say she have to wait until she get hers.Is like they asking us for everything that i have already send,Country condition,court transcript,my doctors letter update,Is like we doing the waiver all over again. I am going crazy right now.

LD. I got the letter today,It dont even look like they send any to my Atty,because she dont get it yet.I called her and she say she have to wait until she get hers.Is like they asking us for everything that i have already send,Country condition,court transcript,my doctors letter update,Is like we doing the waiver all over again. I am going crazy right now.

From what I have read these are basically form letter but there will be one paragraph buried within there that is specific to what they want from you.

Also I hear they just sometimes send the boilerplate RFE and you really don't have to provide additional evidence or just build on some of your stronger arguments.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Timeline

So sorry to hear that. Maybe they just want some more detailed evidence. Read the letter carefully and in your RFE answer respond to every point they mention. Maybe work on some new evidences as well. I'll look back through this post because jazzy had posted some great ideas. I'll repost here.

Timeline

Other stuff we sent back was another pys letter stating he was continuing to see someone because of the depression due to being a part. Letter from the job stating been there over 13 years and is looking at more promotions and how much he's making. All western union sent to support his family away from him while supporting himself. School fees for children. Lack of jobs if he comes back n not being able to make anywhere near what he currently makes. Letters from gvt member stating no jobs in the country. An acceptance letter frm a grad school to further education. No colleges were I am at for him to continue. Showing he has a stable job there n won't be able to provide for his family if he moved back. Hope that helps

Here's one post.

Here's some more ideas you can use:

Remember the hardship u are proving is on u if you are the sponsor. If ur working get a letter saying how long and they see you moving up in the company. If u plan to further ur education. Show that. Show lack of jobs if u move back. If I are helping to support ur spouse show all receipts of monies sent and bills ur paying both home and away show its too much for u. A doc saying u are depress and ur continuing to see someone because of this. If home country have lack of job or high rates in crime show that. If kids are involve. Show better education for them in us and no higher education avail at home country if so. Pull news articles that back ur statements. All receipts. Letters. Finance reports. Prove station in the bus will be best and needed for u to support yourself and family. More u send the better. Show if u go to ur spouse there are no jobs in ur field and would not make what u are making. If u have any ties to the community and church or anything get letters. That those are important n don't want to leave that. If I have a house show ur obligations to payin for it and such

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.