2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

YES its frustrating dec 18th received No RFE and waiting. :clock:

July 20th received date, still waiting. Reg. I601. Scandinavia. No RFE, & praying it stays that way. Anybody else in the same boat?

Oh Good luck praying you get good news. In what office is your waiver?

My husbands received date is July 8 2015 for his I-601 in January I filled an inquiry and a week later we received an RFE I don't know if it helped or they were already working on his case. Just yesterday 3/2/16 I got an email saying they received our request for more evidence and they will continue to review his case, hopefully we receive a decision soon! Keeping fingers crossed, let's see how long it takes them

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I posted yesterday that the site was quiet,but what i am seeing today makes me very scared. I saw ppl still waiting from ,June,July 8 July 20.someone said they asked their Senator to assist,and that seem to push them back,no help.My lawyer call them a month ago and she was told they dont reach July 29 yet.I am so scared of even calling these people or even filing an inquire.An expedite was requested and it was deny,because we did not get a response. I am worried that i might end up in ER soon. For them to see a lady bleeding every two weeks,because she needs a surgery done,and wont be able to get it done until her husband is here because she live alone and cant stay home alone after surgery and nothing, 7 months now.1991 and 1993 i did not know my husband and those issues with family member that have been expunge from his record,i might have to pay for them with my life. NCS must be under pressure to stuck on July for so long.

Timeline

My wavier is in Nebraska Service Center

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi, sorry i took so long to answer. My application is also in Nebraska Service Center. I did applied to have my application to expedited based on my US citizen children needing medical attention and my husband a US citizen health issues and was denied. So I am currently on the 5th month since my application was sent, so i am hoping i get approved soon.

oh wow where was yours sent to?? my husband was sent to nebraska.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

quite frankly these whole process is so hard not only on myself (USC) but on my children as well any advise on how to possibly speed up process. Honestly I'm so deep in debt we're gonna end up with nothing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys, I just wanted to post to say that I have finally gotten everything together for our waiver. It will be sent out in the next day or so. I know how long this process is supposed to take, I'm really not worried about the amount of time as I am about the final response. I'm going into this with the hope that it's approved but I have learned to expect the unexpected.

Our waiver is for crimes involving moral turpitude. It is from something that happened just under 15 years ago, just under the time frame that they wouldn't consider it. By the time they actually get to our packet, it will have been the 15 years so we are trying to stay positive. I've spent a lot of time putting our packet together and I'm hoping all goes well. It has been hard for me to find anyone else out there with a scenario even close to ours.

We are not married, we were denied our K-1 visa. There is no overstay, no misrepresentation, no drug issues, just a crime without conviction from almost 15 years ago. If anyone else is close to this, I would love to know where you stand as I'm just now filing and I see most people already filed.

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats Rippy what country are you from. Some countries are mandatory ap. It's a good sign that they held your passport. You're almost there!

Hi jazzy....on ceac website my status is still showing ready .....no administrative processing!! Is it normal??

Hi Rippy

After my interview. My status changed from Refused to Ready after about 2 or 3 days. Then was at Ready for another two days then to Admin Processing for one day to issued.

I know with some countries, India being one because of the high volumes they may take a little longer that's y most go into AP for a few weeks. Hold on tight you should see some movements in a week. They held your passport so I think they are such of the visa issue. If they were not they would have told u hold your passport and they will contact you when to send it to them. Seeing they kept it. That's a good thing. Give it its two weeks. In a few days u should see movement. If the date is moving but not that status. That is good too. Someone is dealing with ur case. I am confident you will Have ur passport before the month is out. Keep me posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is even frustrating for me because I am in such a minority. Almost 99 percent of the people here all filed their waivers overseas, so I have no one to give me feedback,,,My case is rare on this forum.

Ah, I know what you mean... I´m a rare case too...

I´m waiting a lone I-212...

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

If you can consult an attorney do so about speeding up process, but so far i haven't seen anything speed it up but i have read that some people get their expedite request approved. Now you could try that given your circumstances could be put down as extreme hardship.

quite frankly these whole process is so hard not only on myself (USC) but on my children as well any advise on how to possibly speed up process. Honestly I'm so deep in debt we're gonna end up with nothing.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Update!!!

Went to the interview today and they take my passport but they put my case on administrative processing. They told me to wait 2 weeks.

Did they actually interview you or just asked for your passport, medical and other requirements? If they interviewed you what sort of questions did they ask? Also did you have to do your fingerprints again- Just wondering because in Mumbai the fingerprinting and photographs is at a separate visa processing center and you have to make a separate appointment for that.

BTW, congratulations and best wishes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did they actually interview you or just asked for your passport, medical and other requirements? If they interviewed you what sort of questions did they ask? Also did you have to do your fingerprints again- Just wondering because in Mumbai the fingerprinting and photographs is at a separate visa processing center and you have to make a separate appointment for that.

BTW, congratulations and best wishes.

Yes they interviewed me and ask me how long u live in US...where did u meet your wife ....when did she came last time to india....how long u been married....how many kids and their names ...and u hav to make an appointment to do the the fingerprints separate, a day before the interview.....Goodluck to you

Filed: Timeline

In 2014 I had applied for green card on marriage base. 1-130 was approved from immigration. After six months during the interview the immigration cancelled my case and said to apply for the 601 waiver. My attorney applied for 601 waiver based on my wife's medical conditions and applied it with all evidence. After two to three months my 601 waiver was denied. After the my attorney applied for 1-290B(AAO OFFICE) in March 2015 it was also denied. Till date immigration have not moved my case to court in a sense of deportation. Can someone please help me in the Dallas area who knows a good lawyer, can you please inform me? Should I reapply for my green card and my work permit?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.