2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lioness,Kingston not taking any medical if it is not from Andrews,but i dont know if NSC will accept the private test as they dont trusted anyone.Remember you have to take the seal envelope with your result to the embassy,and Andrews not giving you that envelope in hand until a day before interview.If they found anything wrong they dont give you in hand they send it straight to the embassy. I hope your lawyer can get a response soon or she could call NSC to see if they would accept a private test.If you have the time let him call you and you both hook up to NSC and ask them.

Lioness it is all weird. I would assume he really didn't need a waiver just to wait out a year ban. But with these things u don't want to assume and they deny it. My thinking is he only needed to wait a year then re appt with a new medical proving no use. Hope your lawyer can figure it out. Be on them. Ask ur own questions. I saw had I not asked and inquired on my own we may never had gotten approved. Most of the waiver package I suggested the things inside. So be sure you be ur own advocate. They e not being clear and I dnt want assumption to end up a denial. Maybe even get a second opinion if the lawyer still seems unsure after contacting who ever. Keep me posted.

Well remember all medical reports going to Mac are from private doctors. It is not until Mac approves u that u go to an embassy doctor to take that result to the embassy itself. But my husbands medical for nsc was from a private doctor. After the waiver us approved u then go the the embassy appointed doctor for a visa medical for the embassy. So that's y I think if nsc is asking or some sort of medical it's a private report stating something thing is what exactly do they want from the rfe.

Sorry Mac was suppose to be nsc. Auto correct put mac

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lioness it is all weird. I would assume he really didn't need a waiver just to wait out a year ban. But with these things u don't want to assume and they deny it. My thinking is he only needed to wait a year then re appt with a new medical proving no use. Hope your lawyer can figure it out. Be on them. Ask ur own questions. I saw had I not asked and inquired on my own we may never had gotten approved. Most of the waiver package I suggested the things inside. So be sure you be ur own advocate. They e not being clear and I dnt want assumption to end up a denial. Maybe even get a second opinion if the lawyer still seems unsure after contacting who ever. Keep me posted.

I was thinking that. The lawyer tried to tell them that a waiver wasn't necessary but the embassy insisted that it was. part of her argument in our waiver brief was that she question the need of the waiver. A little part of me feels like the embassy didn't mess up and USCIS just doesn't want to say it so glossed over that.

The only medical he had was at Andrews on December 10, 2014 before his interview. He had private doctor drug tests during this past year while waiting out the ban to show that he stayed clean the entire time. We know he has to go back to Andrews at some point for a new medical because obviously his other one is now expired and they were going to want an updated one anyway but Andrews refuses to do it without a letter from the embassy. The lawyer said we had two choices we could deal with USCIS or we could just try to work through the embassy to get his medical completed for the RFE. She felt working withthe embassy would be best so that's what we're doing.

Thanks for everyone's input I really appreciate it this is just so bizarre and confusing to me and we really just want it to be over with.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes.Jazzy2015.Lioness can get a private drugs test done,address to NCIS stamp and send off express mail.These lawyers are in no hurry. I got all the replies from the embassy via email while my husband was on AP for 3 months,not one response from that lawyer until now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes.Jazzy2015.Lioness can get a private drugs test done,address to NCIS stamp and send off express mail.These lawyers are in no hurry. I got all the replies from the embassy via email while my husband was on AP for 3 months,not one response from that lawyer until now.

You're right about that! She's never once called me. I've had to call or email her everytime. Its been 225 days since Ive seen him. It's very difficult. It would be nice if she were sensitive to that.

Edited by LionessDeon

Thanks Hun. Praying your case is completed soon. Best wishes. Dnt rely on the embassy or soley the lawyer. Many things I pushed for and inquired and researched myself because this was my benefit. Be your own advocate!!! Fight for your case.

I second that what u said. can u give me an opinion@jazzy please. Embassy asked only for medical, ds-260 and passport? should i go ahead and submit also updated affidavit of support i864 and new police certs even though they have not asked at this moment? i am sure they will want all this stuff. Kindly help with your input, Thanks in advance!

Hi hatedawait

When was ur last interview? And have u recieved the embassy letter as yet? If they are not requiring another interview and only ask that u mail them ur passport n medical then yes. Just send that. The police record is good for a year with the embassies. So if ur last interview was less than a year ago. They will only need ur medical and passport no need to go in. If the ceac website have re open on ur ds260. Click on it and if anything needs updating. Do so. If nothing needs to be updates u click page by page until u reach the end then u sign it electronically. It will turn from re open to complete. If however u have to go to the embassy I will walk with the stuff they ask and also updated police report n affidavit just in case. Better to be save than sorry. But usually when they say just mail ur passport m medical because it haven't been a year yet and that's all they would need. Hope that helps

Hi hatedawait

When was ur last interview? And have u recieved the embassy letter as yet? If they are not requiring another interview and only ask that u mail them ur passport n medical then yes. Just send that. The police record is good for a year with the embassies. So if ur last interview was less than a year ago. They will only need ur medical and passport no need to go in. If the ceac website have re open on ur ds260. Click on it and if anything needs updating. Do so. If nothing needs to be updates u click page by page until u reach the end then u sign it electronically. It will turn from re open to complete. If however u have to go to the embassy I will walk with the stuff they ask and also updated police report n affidavit just in case. Better to be save than sorry. But usually when they say just mail ur passport m medical because it haven't been a year yet and that's all they would need. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot for ur insight. my last interview was in nov 2013 and yes i did receive the instruction letter through my lawyer inquiry. there might either be an interview but they are for sure calling to physically sign ds 260 and submit a hard copy of completed last confirmation page after embassy has received medical, passport and ds 260. the issue that i am concerned about that what if they ask for more docs before calling me to embassy, i am afraid it will only delay things and that is why i am thinking to submit updated police cert and i864 beforehand. Is it a good idea?

That is 2 years ago. So yes they will require a new police record and a new affidavit. My first interview was nov. 2014. In my case I was given an interview date after my 601 was approved. At the interview they then ask me to present the updated police record and affidavit. Along with my new medical. My ds260 was updated online only. And was approved at the embassy. So if I were you and they only asked for my medical, passport and record then I would send that in. And take along whatever else to my interview.

So it's been two years and they are asking u

Only mail these things? Usually I see if it's less than a year they ask u to send the medical n passport. If it's more that a year they schedule an appt and tell y to bring all updated documents.

If they ask to mail it to them and u knw its pass a year then go ahead and send the tax papers and the police report. Make sure u keep copies of all. Or u can send copies and walk with the originals at the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rippycheema was it after your approval you filled out your ds260 form? were you ask to fill it out or what. I saw reopen on our case on the ceac site and said to update info.That is all the change i saw since case receive July 29.They must have touched it for that to happen,how far they are with it i dont know.

Yes u have to fill the ds260 after u receive the instruction letter....ds260 is already filled out from my previous interview i just had to go at the end and submit it and print out the confirmation page...and the embassy told me to bring the original letter of i601 approval.

That is 2 years ago. So yes they will require a new police record and a new affidavit. My first interview was nov. 2014. In my case I was given an interview date after my 601 was approved. At the interview they then ask me to present the updated police record and affidavit. Along with my new medical. My ds260 was updated online only. And was approved at the embassy. So if I were you and they only asked for my medical, passport and record then I would send that in. And take along whatever else to my interview.

So it's been two years and they are asking u

Only mail these things? Usually I see if it's less than a year they ask u to send the medical n passport. If it's more that a year they schedule an appt and tell y to bring all updated documents.

If they ask to mail it to them and u knw its pass a year then go ahead and send the tax papers and the police report. Make sure u keep copies of all. Or u can send copies and walk with the originals at the interview.

yep only mail new medical, ds 260 (previously i filled ds 230 since at that time they were accepting those) and passport. nothing else! further instructions said that once submitted and reviewed by embassy they will call me for personal appearance to electronically sign form ds260. i think i will be sending more then they asked for like new police cert and i864, i hope they dont just ignore the additional docs and in the end ask again for them :( and currently my ceac says AP with last update of feb10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Which consulate in India are you going to? For the medical did you just have to show the instruction letter?

I m going to New delhi consulate...yes they want the email came from embassy to do the medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.