2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

All,

I'm hoping for some advice as my attorneys haven't been the most helpful with information. My fiance and I started the K1 process in June 2015. He was set for his interview in the Sydney Embassy on October 15th and was denied due to a past criminal conviction in 1996. Our attorney had said it shouldn't be an issue, so we were very surprised by the denial. We filed the 601, which was received on November 20th. Our attorney had requested in writing when the waiver was submitted expedited handling and we did not hear back. When we called the National Service Center two weeks ago, we were told we could request expedited handling over the phone and would hear back in 5 days if it was excepted. We heard back literally the next morning via email that it was denied due to no sufficient evidence. We were not asked for anything over the phone, so we called the National Service Center back to ask if they had looked at our file and it was determined that the file didn't have enough evidence or if they had just taken our statement over the phone. They couldn't give us any information and said we could send an email asking for what would quality, although we are a bit concerned about doing any damage by continuous questions. Our attorneys are not helping, they basically either do not respond to questions, say it is just a waiting game, or tell us that the National Service Center means well but will not always provide helpful information - I have a hard time believing this.

In looking at the CEAC, there is a "no status" listed under my fiance's AA number - I'm not sure what this means as he was told it was denied during the interview at the embassy.

I check the USCIS site every day and only get the - your case was received on November 20th. I checked the timeline for the Nebraska Service Center and it hasn't been updated since November 30th and it says the last 601 was finalized on July 3rd.

This is so difficult being away from my fiance - we keep hoping every day we will get good news. Our attorneys had told us it would take about 2 months to hear back once received - now I'm starting to realize this was not true.

If anyone could provide any guidance or advice on anything else we can do, it would be so appreciated. Has anyone received an approved expedited case, what documentation did you provide? Should we ask more questions? How quickly are you seeing these waivers approved? Has anyone else gotten approval based on a past criminal conviction?

Thanks so much for any advice or comments you have.

You won't be approved for an expedite on a 601 unless it is almost life and death. Unless someone is ill. Other than that they won't approve it. No answer means denial for epedites. The answers on these are not 2 months more like 5-7 to get an answer. Some criminal waivers are not. All depend on the officer reviewing ur case. Sorry to say. But it's a waiting game. I waited 5 months to hear back n it was a overstay 601.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unfortunately your lawyers seem not to be very experienced. A lot of wrong info.

I filed a I-601 waiver for my fiancé and it was received at NSC August 4. We haven't heard a word and are still waiting. Our lawyer stated she would make an inquiry after 6 months but I know they'll just give her the same generic info that's on the website.

The processing dates listed does not mean they are done processing through July 3. If you read the many post here there are people waiting from May and June still. I take it to mean they've begun adjudicating July 3 receipt dates.

Ours is a criminal waiver also for a charge 2005. His CEAC status has shown refused since even before the time of his interview and still does to this day.

I fear you're in for a long wait and believe me I know exactly how you feel. My fiancé and I have been dealing with this since 2014. I haven't seen him since July.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lamington: I have been asking the same question since i joined this site,Is there anyone with a 601 criminal waiver that had gotten an approval,I would love to hear from someone past or present who had their criminal waiver approve.All the approval i see is for overstay.They maybe have more overstay waivers,but not one criminal approval! I am a couple days over 6 months and still waiting.My lawyer asked for an expedite and she did not get a response,that means it was denied.They had that waiver for 6 months before they send it off,i had to call them every week to get it off.Now i am getting real sick,I left them a message to say i have to be home cant go to work,can they call and see if they can speak to someone.they dont even call me to see how am doing much less to call USCIS.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

You won't be approved for an expedite on a 601 unless it is almost life and death. Unless someone is ill. Other than that they won't approve it. No answer means denial for epedites. The answers on these are not 2 months more like 5-7 to get an answer. Some criminal waivers are not. All depend on the officer reviewing ur case. Sorry to say. But it's a waiting game. I waited 5 months to hear back n it was a overstay 601.

Unfortunately your lawyers seem not to be very experienced. A lot of wrong info.

I filed a I-601 waiver for my fiancé and it was received at NSC August 4. We haven't heard a word and are still waiting. Our lawyer stated she would make an inquiry after 6 months but I know they'll just give her the same generic info that's on the website.

The processing dates listed does not mean they are done processing through July 3. If you read the many post here there are people waiting from May and June still. I take it to mean they've begun adjudicating July 3 receipt dates.

Ours is a criminal waiver also for a charge 2005. His CEAC status has shown refused since even before the time of his interview and still does to this day.

I fear you're in for a long wait and believe me I know exactly how you feel. My fiancé and I have been dealing with this since 2014. I haven't seen him since July.

Lamington: I have been asking the same question since i joined this site,Is there anyone with a 601 criminal waiver that had gotten an approval,I would love to hear from someone past or present who had their criminal waiver approve.All the approval i see is for overstay.They maybe have more overstay waivers,but not one criminal approval! I am a couple days over 6 months and still waiting.My lawyer asked for an expedite and she did not get a response,that means it was denied.They had that waiver for 6 months before they send it off,i had to call them every week to get it off.Now i am getting real sick,I left them a message to say i have to be home cant go to work,can they call and see if they can speak to someone.they dont even call me to see how am doing much less to call USCIS.

All,

Thank you for your replies. My fiance and I lost our first baby when I was 5.5 months along back in October, so it has been very difficult to go through this by myself here while he is there. I actually was on my way to a memorial service when I got the call from him regarding the initial denial following his interview at the embassy. I had letters from doctors and counselors, along from my parents and brother included in my submission.

When do you recommend trying to get a senator involved? Has anyone had luck with that?

Also - for both me and Username - anyone seen what type of criminal offenses have been getting approved vs. not?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You really can't get a congressman involved until your past processing times....if you filed prior to July 3.

I've been trying to learn more how to navigate the immigrate2us.net site. There's several criminal waivers that were approved in 2015 on that site. You don't hear much about it because the overstay ones are much more common. Keep the faith. Stay strong. We will overcome this!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Lioness.I will keep the faith,waiting to see where they,re at on the next update. Lamington, you have a good little wait unless they speed up their processing time,or they acknowledge your expedite notice,and since you did not hear from them about that yet,it means it was denied.As Lioness told you,there is not much you can do until it pass the time 6 months. I was told its not too good to call them too often.The wait is not easy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi jazzy 2015 , no you don't have to pay again even it's over a year . They may ask u to resubmit DS 260 . I wasn't required a second interview

Hi jazzy 2015 , no you don't have to pay again even it's over a year . They may ask u to resubmit DS 260 . I wasn't required a second interview

Ok thanks. Was ur interview more than a year past and they didn't ask for a second?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes my interview was over one year past , still they didn't ask me for a second one . Most waiver applicants don't take second interview .good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.